2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1!! The ice breaker part was honestly so fun and I really enjoyed the day overall. The people in my interview group were also really nice for the small group and everyone had a chance to talk multiple times
how big was the group?
Is the whole thing actually 6 hours? How much is just information session?

Members don't see this ad.

how big was the group?
Is the whole thing actually 6 hours? How much is just information session?
About 5 people, but it’s like a half hour long so definitely everyone gets time to speak. It is pretty long but there’s about an hour total of just breaks/lunch so you get some time to breath between sessions. I’d say most of it is Q&A format rather than purely an info session

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
had interview today. overall good, just a long day !!
also not looking forward to waiting 5-6 weeks lol

Reactions: 1 user
For those who got waitlisted and asked adcom what to improve on application wise, do you mind sharing possibly why?

Has anyone heard of them sending post interview Rs? Or are they mostly doing As/WLs post interview?

Anyone who interviewed here, any tips? Have mine coming up in less than 3 weeks.

Anyone who interviewed here, any tips? Have mine coming up in less than 3 weeks.
it's pretty chill tbh, there's really not much to prepare for. you get asked ethical questions and its a closed-file interview.

Is there anyone accepted out of state going to the open house(s)? This is the only acceptance I have (and ofc grateful for): expensive to travel around the holidays for a 2 hour open house but also would like to see the campus and talk to people before comitting...feel free to dm me!

it's pretty chill tbh, there's really not much to prepare for. you get asked ethical questions and its a closed-file interview.
Thank you! I'll make sure to run through my ethical scenarios

Can you please share what the group activity was like during the interview? Do we have to discuss a topic and this will be evaluated?

Can you please share what the group activity was like during the interview? Do we have to discuss a topic and this will be evaluated?
yep- you'll be broken into groups of 5-6 and the moderator will ask you a question and take notes off to the side as your group discusses the prompt

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the October interview dates received any sort of decision?

ooof, I interviewed that same day and haven’t heard anything back. Hopefully they’re doing it in batches 😅😅😅

Went to my portal and saw I was accepted! Yay!

Got the A call today!

I interviewed on 11/9.

Does anyone know when I get the email for more information after getting an A?

Got the A call today!

I interviewed on 11/9.

Does anyone know when I get the email for more information after getting an A?
Omg I interviewed the same day. Hope I get the call soon

For those who got an A,

Do you know if we get an email or something with instructions on what the next step is.

I got the call yesterday but havent gotten an email or anything from the school. I also checked my AACOMAS account and havent had an update yet

For those who got an A,

Do you know if we get an email or something with instructions on what the next step is.

I got the call yesterday but havent gotten an email or anything from the school. I also checked my AACOMAS account and havent had an update yet
My call said we’d get an email by the end of the week

Confirmed the A! Portal changed but I didn’t receive a call so I called them. They said we will get email by end of week and notified via snail mail too

does anyone have the link to the portal? mine keeps saying link is expired for some reason

WL email rn. interviewed 11/9

• Care
For those intending to enroll,

I got the email today on further instructions. I thought we were given 30 days from acceptance to click "intend to enroll".

Confused why the email says "This form must be submitted within the 14-day time frame indicated on the form"

For those intending to enroll,

I got the email today on further instructions. I thought we were given 30 days from acceptance to click "intend to enroll".

Confused why the email says "This form must be submitted within the 14-day time frame indicated on the form"
I didn’t get this email yet, I’ve only gotten the open house email and the presidents letter saying welcome.

Also if there’s a groupme out there for this school can someone send the link? I’ll probably end up at this school because I’m IS and would love to chat with other students!

Also if there’s a groupme out there for this school can someone send the link? I’ll probably end up at this school because I’m IS and would love to chat with other students!
Second this. If not, I can create one.

While I am yet to begin school here, if anyone has questions about the application process, feel free to reach out!
How do you like the school so far? I just got accepted this cycle and I'm a little worried about the financial aspect of it, but I kind of wanted to hear a student's perspective about their experience so far! Thanks in advance :)

For those of you who are withdrawing A's, can you explain your reasoning?
I am withdrawing my A because I was accepted to LMU-DCOM. I really liked KCOM, but being such a new school and not fully accredited yet are why I chose to withdraw

You should make one and then if we find out there’s another we can just jump ship and merge into the other group chat lol
Hey everyone!

Just made a GroupMe for those who got an A. here is the link (DM me if it doesnt work):

You're invited to my new group 'KCOM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Even if you got an A and are hesitant about going or not, would love if you still joined the GroupMe :)!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
would it be beneficial to send in this secondary now?

I received it but had too much going on, is it worth the shot?