You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Michigan State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah I just got the itinerary rnAnybody interviewing this friday 12/2 and still not received the itinerary or reminder email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you mind sharing specific stats and info?ii received today, complete 9/9, IS, LM 71
It looks like they are going through apps in no specific order because someone complete 10/28 got an II the other day
gravytrain30
Full Member
Same boat!Everyone, Im starting to lose hope. I was complete 8/22 and applications complete after me are getting interviews.
This process is stressful
Does anyone know if this school sends rejections?
becomingdrk
Full Member
Congrats! What dates were available for the interview?ii received today, complete 9/9, IS, LM 71
forscythia
Full Member
For my MD/PhD folks: just spoke to admin today and they said they're about done sending out II for the year
coolmathdude
New Member
Just got the acceptance call about 2 hours ago! Interviewed 10/26
beepboop39
Full Member
Pre-II R just now.
soonrightaway
Full Member
Oof just got put on the alternate list 🙁
Interviewed 11/4
Interviewed 11/4
Sorry about this. Are you OOS and when were you complete?Pre-II R just now.
Complete Aug 22 and silenceAnyone completed in July and not heard back yet?
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
Complete 7/22 and radio silence from this school. I am originally from East Lansing and have strong ties to MSU (went to East Lansing High School).
Sorry to hear that. When were you complete if you don't mind?Pre-II R just now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup. Same. (Radio silence). I was complete late July.Complete 7/22 and radio silence from this school. I am originally from East Lansing and have strong ties to MSU (went to East Lansing High School).
D
deleted1145751
Rejected yesterday, OOS, 515 mcat, received secondary, no II
Interviewing here soon - can anyone talk about the student interview? it is open or closed app and what's the vibe like? thanks!
skyisblue1
Full Member
I got placed on the alternate list about a month ago, but I saw on other threads that some schools are already accepting people off the waitlists. Has anyone gotten accepted off the alternate list yet or does anyone know if MSU accepts WL applicants throughout the cycle?
becomingdrk
Full Member
congrats! Mind sharing stats?II today, complete 9/10
So does anyone know how MSU admissions work? I have been complete since 8/22 and they are giving IIs to September and an October completion.II today, complete 9/10
This is getting frustrating. Just give me an answer
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
Bro some of us have been complete since July and also got nothing LOLSo does anyone know how MSU admissions work? I have been complete since 8/22 and they are giving IIs to September and an October completion.
This is getting frustrating. Just give me an answer
Has anyone been put on Hold? People said they were on hold in last years thread. I just don't see the tab for thatBro some of us have been complete since July and also got nothing LOL
beepboop39
Full Member
Thank you! Complete 9/12. LM 70.8. OOS.Sorry to hear that. When were you complete if you don't mind?
Something like this happened to me, last year, at my top choice school. It's frustrating, and it's one of the reasons I'm reapplying this year.So does anyone know how MSU admissions work? I have been complete since 8/22 and they are giving IIs to September and an October completion.
This is getting frustrating. Just give me an answer
The timing/submission of our applications isn't the best predictor of secondaries, IIs, and acceptances. It usually boils down to a waiting game where "no news is good news." If you're not on hold, then you're still actively being considered for an II. For example, my friend who applied in May 2021 to MSU CHM (top choice) returned her secondary within a few days. She ended up receiving an II in mid-January, alternate list in April, and got the A in August (6 days before classes begin).
But hey - now she's an M1 who's thriving! That could easily be you. It just takes time.
Edit: italicize
Last edited:
becomingdrk
Full Member
congrats! stats if you don't mind?II yesterday. Complete 7/19/22
LM 65, in state applicantcongrats! stats if you don't mind?
Terrible undergrad GPA from umich (both overall and sGPA below a 3.0, but lost a parent to cancer), hopkins for grad school, did well and lower MCAT, but 15,000+ clinical hours and 5,000+ volunteer hours, 4 publications, one first author, national fellowship, now work for a national office bringing sub-specialized care to rural populations and have a very strong commitment to helping the underserved. Started a volunteer organization during covid that was featured in the new york times and such. In-state. I think I'm considered disadvantaged because of our household income. My metrics are low but everything else is pretty good.congrats! stats if you don't mind sharing?
Don't give up hope! The assistant dean of admissions is passionate about giving disadvantaged students the chance of an admission. He is extremely friendly and kind and I'm sure would be open to questions if anyone had any. Also, remember they typically interview in-state students first and then move to OOS. Last year, 84% was in-state.
It's my only II and I absolutely loved the school, its curriculum, and so many things about it, so keep your fingers crossed for me. It's the only thing that's given me a sense of purpose in quite a long time 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we are all rooting for you!Terrible undergrad GPA from umich (both overall and sGPA below a 3.0, but lost a parent to cancer), hopkins for grad school, did well and lower MCAT, but 15,000+ clinical hours and 5,000+ volunteer hours, 4 publications, one first author, national fellowship, now work for a national office bringing sub-specialized care to rural populations and have a very strong commitment to helping the underserved. Started a volunteer organization during covid that was featured in the new york times and such. In-state. I think I'm considered disadvantaged because of our household income. My metrics are low but everything else is pretty good.
Don't give up hope! The assistant dean of admissions is passionate about giving disadvantaged students the chance of an admission. He is extremely friendly and kind and I'm sure would be open to questions if anyone had any. Also, remember they typically interview in-state students first and then move to OOS. Last year, 84% was in-state.
It's my only II and I absolutely loved the school, its curriculum, and so many things about it, so keep your fingers crossed for me. It's the only thing that's given me a sense of purpose in quite a long time 🙂
Terrible undergrad GPA from umich (both overall and sGPA below a 3.0, but lost a parent to cancer), hopkins for grad school, did well and lower MCAT, but 15,000+ clinical hours and 5,000+ volunteer hours, 4 publications, one first author, national fellowship, now work for a national office bringing sub-specialized care to rural populations and have a very strong commitment to helping the underserved. Started a volunteer organization during covid that was featured in the new york times and such. In-state. I think I'm considered disadvantaged because of our household income. My metrics are low but everything else is pretty good.
Don't give up hope! The assistant dean of admissions is passionate about giving disadvantaged students the chance of an admission. He is extremely friendly and kind and I'm sure would be open to questions if anyone had any. Also, remember they typically interview in-state students first and then move to OOS. Last year, 84% was in-state.
It's my only II and I absolutely loved the school, its curriculum, and so many things about it, so keep your fingers crossed for me. It's the only thing that's given me a sense of purpose in quite a long time 🙂
you got this!!
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the good vibes. I had a really tough and abnormal road to get here and have just felt so discouraged throughout this entire process. I've been working so hard to prove that I can succeed when I'm not facing extenuating circumstances, and that I will. I'm very thankful to MSUCHM for looking beyond my grades and giving me a chance! All it takes is one <3you got this!!
Best of luck to everyone this cycle!!
ThungusAmungus
Full Member
Hey I went to ELHS and MSU too! What year did u graduate?Complete 7/22 and radio silence from this school. I am originally from East Lansing and have strong ties to MSU (went to East Lansing High School).
Anybody know how they like us to do thank you notes post interview? I know different schools have different preferences but i can't find it in my notes from my interview day
It looks like some admissions decisions have come out.Oof just got put on the alternate list 🙁
Interviewed 11/4
Has anyone interviewd 11/4 heard back ?
The MSU CHM Application Process website (linked below) says that post-interview admissions decisions may be a bit sporadic, though.
"Files are not reviewed in any particular order. Many factors contribute to the timing of review of a given applicant, so someone who interviewed in November may get a decision before someone who interviewed in October. Please be assured that the application process is specifically designed so that the time an application is reviewed for a final decision is not a factor in the decision. Seats in the entering class remain available through the end of the application cycle."
Reference Link: Application Process | Office of Admissions | Michigan State University
koalafied_biologist
Full Member
Oh I graduated ELHS a long long long time ago... 2008 LOLHey I went to ELHS and MSU too! What year did u graduate?
I asked about this. You can send a thank you to the general admissions email and they will forward to the appropriate people if you choose to do individual ones.Anybody know how they like us to do thank you notes post interview? I know different schools have different preferences but i can't find it in my notes from my interview day
Thank you!!!!I asked about this. You can send a thank you to the general admissions email and they will forward to the appropriate people if you choose to do individual ones.
Manifesting some A's today...
sooo manifesting worked! just got the call for an A!!!!!!Manifesting some A's today...
ScribeBing
2°: 26 | II: 3 | A: 2
Huge congrats! You must be ecstaticsooo manifesting worked! just got the call for an A!!!!!!
Congrats!! So happy for you!! 😀sooo manifesting worked! just got the call for an A!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats friend!!!!!got the call for the A at 9 pm!!
Dang. I interviewed on Dec 2 too and haven't gotten a call. Guess I didn't get in. Heartbroken but not surprised 🙁congrats friend!!!!!
Not so fast, friend! At my interview session, they said it takes at least 1 month to come to a decision. So don't you dare give up yet!Dang. I interviewed on Dec 2 too and haven't gotten a call. Guess I didn't get in. Heartbroken but not surprised 🙁
Also, MSU CHM publishes their decision dates on their website (linked below). Tomorrow, 12/14, was one of the dates listed. The date that you'd be more likely to hear is 1/18.
Here's the list:
Link: Application Process | Office of Admissions | Michigan State University
Edit: date
Trinity Bauer
New Member
Don’t worry, they review them in kind of a random order! Usually they say 6-8 weeks to get the decision.Dang. I interviewed on Dec 2 too and haven't gotten a call. Guess I didn't get in. Heartbroken but not surprised 🙁
