2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No holds, just "under review" since October

Should I assume this is an R?
I’m thinking so. Tulane gets like 20k applicants right? It seems we never really had a chance, logically.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was complete 09/15, but still have not gotten the under review email... anyone else in a similar predicament? I have seen people complete at later dates get the email, so not sure if they have not gotten to my app, or I am limbo...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 09/15, but still have not gotten the under review email... anyone else in a similar predicament? I have seen people complete at later dates get the email, so not sure if they have not gotten to my app, or I am limbo...
Same friend same. Submitted first couple days of Sept and have not received a "under review" email

Acceptance range
Interviewed 10/12. Pretty bummed :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Wdym acceptance range?
Basically a WL. This is their description in the email:
"This is not a ranked alternate list, as is used by many schools, but a pool of acceptable candidates from which the committee may subsequently choose. Your application will remain active and eligible for selection until you are offered a place in the class, classes have begun (which will happen in early August) or you withdraw from our Acceptance Range. It is possible for someone in the Acceptance Range category to be offered a place in the class at any time. However, most movement from this category will not occur until after we have completed interviews in February with the peak activity occurring during the month of May."

Basically a WL. This is their description in the email:
"This is not a ranked alternate list, as is used by many schools, but a pool of acceptable candidates from which the committee may subsequently choose. Your application will remain active and eligible for selection until you are offered a place in the class, classes have begun (which will happen in early August) or you withdraw from our Acceptance Range. It is possible for someone in the Acceptance Range category to be offered a place in the class at any time. However, most movement from this category will not occur until after we have completed interviews in February with the peak activity occurring during the month of May."

Oh man. Sorry bro Hope you get off it. I've had nothing but holds and one II

Pre-II R today. Complete 8/1 and and under review 9/18. GL to the rest!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Completed secondary by mid july. Placed on hold on 9/04. OOS with LM score of 70. What are my chances of an interview at this stage in the cycle?
Relatively low. Still you have a chance at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is for Tulane? I can’t seem to find any info on this in reddit or sdn. This is my only interview and it’s in late Jan so i’m just curious.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is for Tulane? I can’t seem to find any info on this in reddit or sdn. This is my only interview and it’s in late Jan so i’m just curious.

I’m just guessing, but what I think is:

600 are interviewed. Class size is 190. I think 190 admissions offers are made and then, with people choosing other schools, 40 people come off of the acceptance range list.

So in total, unless I’m missing some confounding variable, a total of 230 admissions offers are made.

230/600 = 38.3% ?

This actually feels low now that I look at it, but what do I know? I got acceptance-ranged.

• Sad
I’m just guessing, but what I think is:

600 are interviewed. Class size is 190. I think 190 admissions offers are made and then, with people choosing other schools, 40 people come off of the acceptance range list.

So in total, unless I’m missing some confounding variable, a total of 230 admissions offers are made.

230/600 = 38.3% ?

This actually feels low now that I look at it, but what do I know? I got acceptance-ranged.
Hmmm I feel like most schools usually overaccept to some degree to begin with though with the knowledge that a fair chunk of people will go elsewhere so the initial # of offers could possibly be higher than 190...(Or this could just all be wishful thinking on my part hahaha)

Another data point we have is that there are 300 spots on the waitlist, so the total number ultimately accepted cannot be greater than ~340-390 (assuming 600-650 interviews) or ~56%-60% of those interviewed.

Last edited:
Pre-II R. I kind of expected it because I was under review 10/2. Good luck, everyone!

• Care
Pre-II R. I kind of expected it because I was under review 10/2. Good luck, everyone!
also under Review at that time and I’m still waiting . Why do you think they make some people wait longer?

also under Review at that time and I’m still waiting . Why do you think they make some people wait longer?
I have been under review since 9/12 and at this point I'm just seeing how long they hang onto it for the lolz

• Haha
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back after interviewing on 10/12? it’s been over six weeks…

Pre-II R just now…under review 10/3. honestly was hoping it’d be good news since I’ve been under review for so long….anyways, good luck to everyone!!

• Care
Under review yesterday FINALLY. complete 8/30 lol

• Wow
Under review yesterday FINALLY. complete 8/30 lol

Is this considered a good sign? Can anyone weigh in on this? I was under review in Oct but haven't received anything lol. I thought Tulane had early cycles?

Is this considered a good sign? Can anyone weigh in on this? I was under review in Oct but haven't received anything lol. I thought Tulane had early cycles?
My understanding is that everyone will go under review eventually. That said, they very quickly give out their interview slots so at this point it’s probably just filling in any cancellations.

My understanding is that everyone will go under review eventually. That said, they very quickly give out their interview slots so at this point it’s probably just filling in any cancellations.

Ah. So if people cancel, I may get a call for an II? Bc its not a rejection

I don’t think we know. A lot of people have gotten interview holds but I nobody has reported getting an interview off of that list. As Tulane is very low yield and it’s very late in the cycle, I wouldn’t expect much to be honest.

I don’t think we know. A lot of people have gotten interview holds but I nobody has reported getting an interview off of that list. As Tulane is very low yield and it’s very late in the cycle, I wouldn’t expect much to be honest.

Yeah you're right. Oh well. Thanks anyway and GL to everyone else regardless

I've been under review since 10/7. My head-canon is that they are on the fence about what to do with me for various reasons. Maybe I'll get lucky and enough people will cancel their IIs & they'll give me a chance to interview. I'm not holding my breath, though.

I've been under review since 10/7. My head-canon is that they are on the fence about what to do with me for various reasons. Maybe I'll get lucky and enough people will cancel their IIs & they'll give me a chance to interview. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Yeah I've been under review since around that time too lol. Hoping it works out for us lmfao

• Care
Anyone else been under review since mid-August?

I suspect they already have thousands of rejections already finalized but they're sending them in daily batches so their system doesn't overload :p

• Sad
Finally hit with the pre-II R after being under review for nearly 3 months

• Care
Secondary submitted: 8/21
Under review: 10/21
II hold: 12/5

Current M1 here who was in your position exactly one year ago! I'm a little busy but wanted to post on here to remind y'all that you are gonna be ok! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and I can answer them on here too!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Current M1 here who was in your position exactly one year ago! I'm a little busy but wanted to post on here to remind y'all that you are gonna be ok! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and I can answer them on here too!

I read through last year’s thread and saw your journey! It seemed harrowing, but as a fellow post-II AR, I found some hope from you!

• Love
Pre-II R just now. Complete 9/14. Under review 10/7. Good luck to those still in the running!

• Care