Otherwise_mushroom
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also haven't heard back and interviewed on the same dateI haven't heard back yet and interviewed 10/25, has anyone else heard back that interviewed around this time?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I also haven't heard back and interviewed on the same dateI haven't heard back yet and interviewed 10/25, has anyone else heard back that interviewed around this time?
+1 except since late AugustI've been under review since 9/26 with no word. Anyone else still waiting?
Firstly HUGE congrats!!!!!!!! Secondly, I am being a neurotic premed and wondering how long it took to get your decision as I'm waiting on mine - when did you interview?FIRST A just now! Oh my god I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did you complete secondary app ? I did mine in sept. thanks !
SO, I have not heard back (I just interviewed a week ago haha)... but as the truly neurotic premed I am, I gathered some info based on this thread.how long after interviews did people hear?
Tell me about it interviewed 10/12 and havent heard back yetSO, I have not heard back (I just interviewed a week ago haha)... but as the truly neurotic premed I am, I gathered some info based on this thread.
Interview Date --> response date, type --> n
8/22 -----> 10/14 Accpt Range ---->1
9/06 -----> 10/15 ACCEPTANCE -->1
9/07 -----> 10/18 Accpt Range ---->1
9/07 -----> 10/26 Accpt Range ---->1
9/13 -----> 10/26 Accpt Range ---->3
10/12----> 11/16 Accpt Range ---->1
There was one other acceptance reported to have been received on 10/14 but I'm not sure of the interview date.
This is an average of 6.3 weeks!
And alas, this post is making me feel completely insane.
Tell me about it interviewed 10/12 and havent heard back yet
Has anyone put on a hold much earlier gotten off or gotten any other decision mail? Basically how long do you think we stay on hold?Interview hold today. Submitted 09/27 and got the complete email- 10/27
i dont think there will be another wave of invites. i got an invite at the beginning of september and the first available was beginning of january. just speculation, but i dont believe its likely too many more interviews will be sent out. so many people have interview holds they will more likely select ppl from that list.I'm so confused by Tulane. No one has mentioned getting an invite in months. Are they just slowly voting us off the island until they send out a wave of invites?
(i've been under review since late september, still waiting)
Hm that makes sense. The fact I haven't even been put on hold means I'm probably effectively rejected. I just wonder why they're waiting so long to email me and others any kind of update.i dont think there will be another wave of invites. i got an invite at the beginning of september and the first available was beginning of january. just speculation, but i dont believe its likely too many more interviews will be sent out. so many people have interview holds they will more likely select ppl from that list.
Hm that makes sense. The fact I haven't even been put on hold means I'm probably effectively rejected. I just wonder why they're waiting so long to email me and others any kind of update.
Has anyone else heard back yet that interviewed on 10/25?Got the A yesterday via email! Interviewed on 10/25.
submitted my secondary on 09/26 and just received the under review email today 12/16I submitted my secondary 09/15 and just received the "under review" email today 12/12... wow... like is there even a possibility of getting an interview now? It is so late, and there were other people complete around my date who have since heard back...
Thank you so much for the update - best of luck to you! 🙂submitted my secondary on 09/26 and just received the under review email today 12/16
Heyy, when were you under review?Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone else!
With the $$ of attendance I also wonder if they get more folks dropping/going elsewhere. How do you know there are 300 spots on the waitlist?Hmmm I feel like most schools usually overaccept to some degree to begin with though with the knowledge that a fair chunk of people will go elsewhere so the initial # of offers could possibly be higher than 190...(Or this could just all be wishful thinking on my part hahaha)
Another data point we have is that there are 300 spots on the waitlist, so the total number ultimately accepted cannot be greater than ~340-390 (assuming 600-650 interviews) or ~56%-60% of those interviewed.
Around 10/06Heyy, when were you under review?
That is definitely a possibility. The number of spots on the waitlist is listed in the MSAR. Also, I spoke with my advisor from the master's program I completed at the med school, and he confirmed that they tend to admit around ~300-400 students from the ~600 interviews.With the $$ of attendance I also wonder if they get more folks dropping/going elsewhere. How do you know there are 300 spots on the waitlist?
I would assume so unless someone cancels their interview slotGuessing they are done with IIs at this point?
The admitted students group has just under 40 members. I’m sure it’s missing people but it seems far from full.
I think at this point an II is unlikely. Look at earlier in the thread and it seems like Tulane books all their interviews in August/September. II hold I think means we like you, but we’re out of interview slots so we’re gonna keep you in limbo if something opens up.Does anyone know when Tulane stops sending Interviews? I was put on review in October but haven't heard anything since then
Nope, interviewed this date and also waiting. I'm expecting decisions probably within the next week tbhAnyone who interviewed on 11/7 heard anything yet? It looks like they’re finishing off October, but just curious.
Anyone who interviewed on 11/7 heard anything yet? It looks like they’re finishing off October, but just curious.
Nope, interviewed this date and also waiting. I'm expecting decisions probably within the next week tbh
It’s basically an unranked waitlist. Quite a number of students get in from it.Idk if I’m stupid but what does acceptance range mean??
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.