You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Tulane
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1130038
wonder when interviews will start
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wonder when interviews will start
Hopefully soon. Submitted my secondary on 6/28
D
deleted1140762
I was wondering this as well. I was never able to find the red exclamation point in my portal either.Does everyone see a red exclamation point in your portal after completing the application? It says in the completion email but I don't see anything red in my portal
Transmitted 7/14. Secondary received and submitted today.
+1Got an email saying my app is under review. OOS
when were y'all complete?
There's no screen. I imagine that they just get around to sending them out in batches when they have time.Does Tulane mission screen for secondaries ? It feels like the order they've been sending secondaries is strange. I got my secondary on 7/20 and my AMCAS transmitted on 7/17
7/6when were y'all complete?
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
How long after verification did y’all receive secondaries? I was verified 7/20
I was verified on 7/7 and received the secondary on 7/21. I think it really depends on the dates they send out batches of secondariesHow long after verification did y’all receive secondaries? I was verified 7/20
verified 7/14, ED still haven't received secondary...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would definitely contact the officeverified 7/14, ED still haven't received secondary...
D
deleted1106899
How are you all responding to the covid prompt? Simply stating interruptions + new ecs you found instead? Including lessons learned from those new ecs?
Dr. Zezima
Full Member
I was tempted to discuss the lessons I learned from the pandemic but i think the question is just asking about how it interrupted or changed your plans so i just went ahead and talked abt how it cancelled my research and also made it hard to find volunteer activitiesHow are you all responding to the covid prompt? Simply stating interruptions + new ecs you found instead? Including lessons learned from those new ecs?
Dr. Zezima
Full Member
For the first prompt, are we expected to talk about why were interested in tulane by using the mission statement they provided? my essay kinda talks about other reasons why im interested ... but not necessarily the mission
For the first prompt, are we expected to talk about why were interested in tulane by using the mission statement they provided? my essay kinda talks about other reasons why im interested ... but not necessarily the mission
The mission is relatively generic. I focused on other aspects of TUSoM that were more unique and went with that while also incorporating some of the mission, just to a lesser extent.
received this morning at like 7AM....I would definitely contact the office
Are you ED or RD?Submitted on 7/9 and I’m under review as of today.
RDAre you ED or RD?
Mine updated last month within a day or two. If it takes longer I’d email just to be safe.I got my MCAT score today but my portal is still marked as incomplete. Will admissions update the portal automatically or does this require an email?
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
Any IIs yet? Anyone know when they started to trickle in for ED applicants last cycle?
ED here, no sign of IIs yet. Around this time last year is when they started so hopefully any day now…Any IIs yet? Anyone know when they started to trickle in for ED applicants last cycle?
So im guessing RD II will roll out a few weeks after ED?ED here, no sign of IIs yet. Around this time last year is when they started so hopefully any day now…
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
Source?I got word that Tulane hasn't invited anyone for ED interviews yet but will start very soon.
Very reliable.Source?
Source?
I was told ED applicants will be notified before August 1st. I mean that gives them tomorrow and Friday to send them out.
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
Not sure how they'd do this considering the deadline for all materials is September 1I was told ED applicants will be notified before August 1st. I mean that gives them tomorrow and Friday to send them out.
They release ED applicants that don't get interviews early so they can apply elsewhere.Not sure how they'd do this considering the deadline for all materials is September 1
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
As an ED applicant who is not yet under review.... I'm scared
They release ED applicants that don't get interviews early so they can apply elsewhere.
As an ED applicant who is not yet under review.... I'm scared
You need to contact admissions like 3 days ago…
They release ED applicants that don't get interviews early so they can apply elsewhere.
This is correct. Very considerate of them imo
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
I only submitted on Monday so it's kind of on me. I was under the impression we had until September 1.You need to contact admissions like 3 days ago…
I only submitted on Monday so it's kind of on me. I was under the impression we had until September 1.
Even so, you should have gone under review almost immediately.
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
From what I read earlier in this thread, it took 2-3 days for people to go under review after all Secondary materials are in. I was immediately verified on AMCAS, though, within 20 minutes of submitting my primary if that's what you mean.Even so, you should have gone under review almost immediately.
If your stats are adequate I wouldn't worry too much. I was told having everything sent in this week was not late. If they haven't invited any ED applicant yet then they still have spots left to go through.As an ED applicant who is not yet under review.... I'm scared
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
If your stats are adequate I wouldn't worry too much. I was told having everything sent in this week was not late. If they haven't invited any ED applicant yet then they still have spots left to go through.
You had me worried there for a second. Let's hope my stats are "adequate" (see my username)
Haha I'm sure you already hopped on msar to see all the admission data. If you're around the median I would consider that adequate.![]()
You had me worried there for a second. Let's hope my stats are "adequate" (see my username)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UnderqualifiedLayperson
Full Member
Dope, thank you. Tell Mike Woodson I say hi btwHaha I'm sure you already hopped on msar to see all the admission data. If you're around the median I would consider that adequate.
Is it bad that I have no idea who Mike Woodson was? Haven't talked to him ever. He's not my source.Dope, thank you. Tell Mike Woodson I say hi btw
I thought they just interviewed all their ED applicants
He’s the admissions director. Very nice guy.Is it bad that I have no idea who Mike Woodson was? Haven't talked to him ever. He's not my source.