Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under Review Today, Completed 7/20
Is it a bad sign I’m not under review yet, OOS submitted 7/15?
Im wondering the same, im OOS RD and completed 7/09 (but casper results weren't delivered until last week)
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Under Review Today, Completed 7/20
Is it a bad sign I’m not under review yet, OOS submitted 7/15?
Ive been under review for like 3 weeks. I dont think that means they are about to respond... just that it is ready to be reviewed.Im wondering the same, im OOS RD and completed 7/09 (but casper results weren't delivered until last week)
Should be any day nowfingers crossed for ED II
SameNothing for me yet
+1Nothing for me yet
Curious if interviews are going to be all virtual again
VirtualCurious if interviews are going to be all virtual again
Everyone I know applied ED has just heard radio silence since being put under review. Also when did Woodson say this?Any other Ed people hear anything about interviews, Woodson said by today
I already sent 2 emails last week that's how I knew they hadn't sent any IIs yet. Someone else has to do it now lmao.Anyone want to take one for the team and send an email? Lol
So if I didn’t receive anything today that means I’m done?I was also told IIs would be sent out for ED applicants by today so those who did not receive an invite could be released to apply elsewhere. I guess there’s still a chance but my guess is that they are trying their hardest to get this done this week at the latest.
ED or RD?Submitted 7/8, finally under review today
RDED or RD?
congrats!!!ED interview invite!!!!
Good news is they flag your app if you’re ED moved to RD according to one of the deans of admission. So that still gives you a leg up over the rest of the RD poolMoved to regular decision 🙁
I also have low MCAT. That’s the only reason I can think of. Disappointed, also feel like a failureI was ED and I had submitted on 7/10 and my MCAT score was a bit low but still within the 25th-75th percentile and my gpa was above the 75th percentile. I never got put under review and I got moved to regular decision today. The only thing I can think of is that I was screened out because of my MCAT score maybe but I just feel like it is kind of unfair to screen me out when my MCAT was still within the 25th-75th percentile. For a school that emphasizes its holistic review process, my application never even made it to a screener or under review.
Was your application placed under review ever?I also have low MCAT. That’s the only reason I can think of. Disappointed, also feel like a failure
Was your secondary complete, as in did you have all your LORs in? That’s the only reason I can think of that you wouldn’t have been under review.I was ED and I had submitted on 7/10 and my MCAT score was a bit low but still within the 25th-75th percentile and my gpa was above the 75th percentile. I never got put under review and I got moved to regular decision today. The only thing I can think of is that I was screened out because of my MCAT score maybe but I just feel like it is kind of unfair to screen me out when my MCAT was still within the 25th-75th percentile. For a school that emphasizes its holistic review process, my application never even made it to a screener or under review.
yesWas your application placed under review ever?
Yes my secondary was complete and I had all my LORs in and received by 7/10. I even did the Casper and Duet. They told me they would notify me when my application is assigned to a screener and placed under review. But my status update just went straight from Application submitted and received to deferred. I was never placed under review and I don't understand why. My GPA is higher than 75th percentile and my MCAT is not great but still near the median of 510 so I don't know why I was just filtered out without ever being under review.Was your secondary complete, as in did you have all your LORs in? That’s the only reason I can think of that you wouldn’t have been under review.
Wow, that’s so ridiculous. I’d consider contacting admissions about how this decision was made when you were never under review. Might give you some closure.Yes my secondary was complete and I had all my LORs in and received by 7/10. I even did the Casper and Duet. They told me they would notify me when my application is assigned to a screener and placed under review. But my status update just went straight from Application submitted and received to deferred. I was never placed under review and I don't understand why. My GPA is higher than 75th percentile and my MCAT is not great but still near the median of 510 so I don't know why I was just filtered out without ever being under review.
Keep your head up high and keep on grinding. Get them an update later on down the line and hope everything goes well from now on.Yes my secondary was complete and I had all my LORs in and received by 7/10. I even did the Casper and Duet. They told me they would notify me when my application is assigned to a screener and placed under review. But my status update just went straight from Application submitted and received to deferred. I was never placed under review and I don't understand why. My GPA is higher than 75th percentile and my MCAT is not great but still near the median of 510 so I don't know why I was just filtered out without ever being under review.
I know, I wish my application actually made it under review. I would not have been as disappointed if at least someone took a GLANCE at my application. I may just contact the admissions office to see why my application never got placed under review just to get some closure. But I obviously will not be giving up, I will still be trying my best and hoping for the best. I just wish I didn't do Early Decision and cast a wider net early on. I assumed my application would at least be taken a look at.Wow, that’s so ridiculous. I’d consider contacting admissions about how this decision was made when you were never under review. Might give you some closure.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I will keep grinding. I just don't understand how I am seeing RD people on this forum who are already placed under review whereas I was ED and never placed under review.Keep your head up high and keep on grinding. Get them an update later on down the line and hope everything goes well from now on.
I know, I wish my application actually made it under review. I would not have been as disappointed if at least someone took a GLANCE at my application. I may just contact the admissions office to see why my application never got placed under review just to get some closure. But I obviously will not be giving up, I will still be trying my best and hoping for the best. I just wish I didn't do Early Decision and cast a wider net early on. I assumed my application would at least be taken a look at.
I don't think any RD would have heard back from admissions yet. The majority of the II must've been for the ED people.For those who did Regular Decision, did anybody get Interview Invites from submitting secondaries recently?
They just gave out ED IIs late today so I highly doubt any RD IIs have been given out yet.For those who did Regular Decision, did anybody get Interview Invites from submitting secondaries recently?
MCAT aside, I just think most medical schools that do holistic reviews are pretty set on what they are looking for in a student. We could be a good judge of our own ECs, but medical school is filled with people who read the same thing over and over again, so how they read our stuff is truly scary, lol. I am RD, but I can imagine how much pressure this must be to be deferred to RD. I think ED is a bit different when they look at our apps holistically.I was ED and I had submitted on 7/10 and my MCAT score was a bit low but still within the 25th-75th percentile and my gpa was above the 75th percentile. I never got put under review and I got moved to regular decision today. The only thing I can think of is that I was screened out because of my MCAT score maybe but I just feel like it is kind of unfair to screen me out when my MCAT was still within the 25th-75th percentile. For a school that emphasizes its holistic review process, my application never even made it to a screener or under review.
They didn't even look at my app though. They screened it out or something because it never went under review.MCAT aside, I just think most medical schools that do holistic reviews are pretty set on what they are looking for in a student. We could be a good judge of our own ECs, but medical school is filled with people who read the same thing over and over again, so how they read our stuff is truly scary, lol. I am RD, but I can imagine how much pressure this must be to be deferred to RD. I think ED is a bit different when they look at our apps holistically.
There may be a possibility it just wasn't marked as under review but was looked at, I've seen that happen to some people - I think that instead of speculating, you could contact admissions instead, who would be able to give you a concrete answer!They didn't even look at my app though. They screened it out or something because it never went under review.
Hard to say, could've been an error with the system on their end with the website, check on that as you mentioned earlier. But if what you said is true, then I would definitely email them about the review thing and see what's up. Who knows, maybe they will notice something wrong and that you really were suppose to get an II lol.They didn't even look at my app though. They screened it out or something because it never went under review.
They didn't even look at my app though. They screened it out or something because it never went under review.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.