-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1139705
Not everyone joins the Facebook. I would think they accept around 330ish and cut down. It seems they’ve accepted the bulk of their class and it’s going to be WL from now on.FWIW there are about 200 people in the accepted students group.
The first year class size is 175. Not sure how many people they accept before shifting to WLs/Rs, but I would think at least 250?
Hopefully this helps
Edit: that 200 also includes around 15-20 current MS1’s
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The 2021 post-II acceptance spreadsheet showed total of 829 II, 333 acceptances, and 175 matriculants.Not everyone joins the Facebook. I would think they accept around 330ish and cut down. It seems they’ve accepted the bulk of their class and it’s going to be WL from now on.
PRIME hasn't given out their acceptances yet, so that's 18 acceptances pending
i agree that most of us are likely waiting for WL/R, that 200 number sounds about right though! schools are required to offer as many A's as their class size by a certain date (i think in March?). most schools won't go too far over that number just in case everyone accept their offers bc it's a lot easier to pull from the WL to fill a spot than to increase class size bc you offered too many at first, that's just my guess thoNot everyone joins the Facebook. I would think they accept around 330ish and cut down. It seems they’ve accepted the bulk of their class and it’s going to be WL from now on.
this was the week last cycle where everyone started received WL emails 😨
craftyneuronerd
New Member
Not yet! They said it would be sent in a week or two, and I got the phone call nearly two weeks ago, so hopefully soon!Have any of the admitted MSTP's received the official DGSOM email?
same hereNot yet! They said it would be sent in a week or two, and I got the phone call nearly two weeks ago, so hopefully soon!
Just wanted to edit this, there are at least 40 MS1s, and there are a couple MS2-MS4s in the group too.Edit: that 200 also includes around 15-20 current MS1’s
Last edited:
Class of 2026 FB page has 463 members, idk how many of these are in each class and how many are accepted students.Not everyone joins the Facebook. I would think they accept around 330ish and cut down.
For traditional DGSOM, a couple of acceptances go out each week (literally a couple). But yes, based on timeline from last year, WL notifications will be coming soon. Not sure about CDU, MSTP, or PRIME timeline.It seems they’ve accepted the bulk of their class and it’s going to be WL from now on.
craftyneuronerd
New Member
Actually just got it around half an hour agoNot yet! They said it would be sent in a week or two, and I got the phone call nearly two weeks ago, so hopefully soon!
Sending positive thoughts to you all! This has been a long journey and I’m hopeful many of us will get good news today!!!
yellowsun321
Full Member
Same hereDoes anyone's portal work? Mine shows some error 🙁
Same here
+1
Maximus0703
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1147188
meowmix2099
Full Member
siperbigbowl
Full Member
+5
Maybe all the portals are being updated with decisions and that's why they're down. *Hopeful*
+7 and nothing on CYMS. eeeep
meowmix2099
Full Member
I was thinking the same! I’m so anxious now loolMaybe all the portals are being updated with decisions and that's why they're down. *Hopeful*
What I've gathered from previous threads:
- 2021-22 thread: WLs came out this time last year (Thurs 2/24), post-II Rs came out the following week (3/4)
- 2020-21: As (Thurs 2/25), As (Thurs 3/4), post-II Rs (Tues 3/9), WLs (Thurs 3/18)
- 2019-20: As & WLs had already gone out by this time, Post-II Rs (Mon 2/24), trailing A in late March (reported week of 3/22, no prior communication)
- 2018-19: bunch of As by now, WLs (Fri 3/1) but some were sent in error?, Rs (Mon 3/4)
I got the MSTP A yesterday! The portal isn't working for me, too
the portal is up and running again
Someone say something before I gouge my eyeballs out
I have a serious bone to pick with UCLA admissions
Premed Friend
Full Member
At the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, students are provided with curriculum and experiences enabling them to become an "Outstanding Physician, AND...," dedicating themselves to important societal missions. What missions do you want to embrace? What have you done toward your missions? (800 characters)
I want to be an outstanding physician, AND hear back from your medical school in a reasonable timeline. That's all. Literally.
I want to be an outstanding physician, AND hear back from your medical school in a reasonable timeline. That's all. Literally.
D
deleted1139705
UCLA? More like ICNoA
D
deleted1154868
It’s weird cause UCLA started the cycle so well with that adcom member answering all our questions…
Maybe due to the holiday today is their "Thursday" and we'll all hear at 3:00pm PST today 😉
I know they had Monday off because my best friend works for UCLA Health and she didn't have work on Monday. But who knows. Maybe this is just a "buy" week, like in sports.
I know they had Monday off because my best friend works for UCLA Health and she didn't have work on Monday. But who knows. Maybe this is just a "buy" week, like in sports.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139705
And then they wiped her off the face of the map, setting an example for all those who dare to uncover the eldritch abomination of UCLA admissions.It’s weird cause UCLA started the cycle so well with that adcom member answering all our questions…
siperbigbowl
Full Member
No news today what??????
does anyone think there's chance of hearing on a non thursday/friday ? feeling #desperate
does anyone think there's chance of hearing on a non thursday/friday ? feeling #desperate
There is a chance but based on the trend, it seems low
@amateurbater you trynna head out to 7/11 and grab a pack of Newports to take off the edge of waiting for UCLA? On me dawg 😎😎😎
D
deleted1139705
Bet@amateurbater you trynna head out to 7/11 and grab a pack of Newports? On me dawg 😎😎😎
Bet
On God no cap boi 💯💯💯
here we go again :'( hoping for less anxiety and stress on us all this week and just some news 🤞🤞🤞
They have in the past given decisions on a Tuesday, but I'm thinking it'll be Thursday or Friday as per usual this week (though I really hope I'm wrong).here we go again :'( hoping for less anxiety and stress on us all this week and just some news [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]
Do ya'll think we'll hear back from PRIME-LA this week?
meowmix2099
Full Member
Possibly! They said late February or early MarchDo ya'll think we'll hear back from PRIME-LA this week?
We must hear this week. We must. 😵
We must hear this week. We must. 😵
Based on last year’s thread, looks like y’all will hear around 3/3
Were there acceptances given out last 3/3 or mostly WL and R's?Based on last year’s thread, looks like y’all will hear around 3/3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were there acceptances given out last 3/3 or mostly WL and R's?
I think it was all? I read the entire thread a few days ago, many decisions came out around that time
Gotcha. I was just wondering if they're still giving out acceptances or if they're mostly done! Has anyone who interviewed in December/Jan heard back yet or are we in purgatory until this Friday?I think it was all? I read the entire thread a few days ago, many decisions came out around that time
Last edited:
Early Jan interviewee. Still in purgatory. Anxiously awaiting Thurs/Fri.Gotcha. I was just wondering if they're still giving out acceptances or if they're mostly done! Has anyone who interviewed in December/Jan heard back yet or are we in purgatory until this Friday?
Lol September interviewee and also still in purgatory, though my interview here was the worst one I had all cycle 🤣🥶Early Jan interviewee. Still in purgatory. Anxiously awaiting Thurs/Fri.
nattyzamora13
Full Member
This is just mind-numbingly frustrating 😑