-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
poopydoopy
New Member
Congrats! Did they mention if more calls will go out this week?Just got the call for UCLA PRIME!!!!! so thankful and appreciative for this moment
nattyzamora13
Full Member
Has anyone else got a call for PRIME??Just got the call for UCLA PRIME!!!!! so thankful and appreciative for this moment
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
furryllama22
Full Member
nope : ( no email, nothingHas anyone else got a call for PRIME??
Do y’all think they made all PRIME calls today? 😭
Thanks! They didnt mention anything about other calls, but I think its likely that there are still more calls.Congrats! Did they mention if more calls will go out this week?
beaglesrthecutest
New Member
Hope we hear tomorrow for PRIME !!!
First Thursday in March [emoji15]
siperbigbowl
Full Member
I’m refreshing this page like every 10 minutes again[emoji31][emoji31]
Wait until this afternoon. It's usually been 3pm PST this cycle that they release decisions. 🤓I’m refreshing this page like every 10 minutes again[emoji31][emoji31]
beaglesrthecutest
New Member
even tho you said this, i’m still refreshing every hour LOLWait until this afternoon. It's usually been 3pm PST this cycle that they release decisions. 🤓
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Wait until this afternoon. It's usually been 3pm PST this cycle that they release decisions. 🤓
Thank you! I’ll hold my anxiety for now[emoji31]
See you all tomorrow at 10am PST 🤣
roll call 🙂
Nutin'roll call 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clefairy0000
Full Member
Alternate list for PRIME 😞
+1Nutin'
Waitlisted for PRIME as well, heart broken for this one. Any one know how the waitlist moves for PRIME? 🙁
clefairy0000
Full Member
I was told it's rare since everyone usually accepts PRIME. Heartbroken as well. But I guess there's always a sliver of hope?Waitlisted for PRIME as well, heart broken for this one. Any one know how the waitlist moves for PRIME? 🙁
meowmix2099
Full Member
Aw i fasho got R’d from PRIME. Haven’t heard anything from them :\
Any non-PRIME folx hear anything at all today?
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Any non-PRIME folx hear anything at all today?
nope
marriottlw
New Member
For PRIME do y’all think they’re informing people by alphabetical order?
labrat__
Full Member
I’m not sure, looking at lasts years thread it seems like As went out first, then waitlists, the Rs like a week later :/For PRIME do y’all think they’re informing people by alphabetical order?
beaglesrthecutest
New Member
havent heard anything from PRIME….. are they really done with A’s ?? 🙁
furryllama22
Full Member
haven't heard back either, i'm assuming it's an R for me 🙁havent heard anything from PRIME….. are they really done with A’s ?? 🙁
nattyzamora13
Full Member
I’m so confused because it doesn’t seem like they sent that many As.havent heard anything from PRIME….. are they really done with A’s ?? 🙁
labrat__
Full Member
I’m so confused because it doesn’t seem like they sent that many As.
True, but also prime accepts a very few students.
D
deleted1154868
Where are my regular MD friends
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1154868
Who is going to call
ophelia&cleopatra
Full Member
Deadass are we ever going to hear back 😭Who is going to call
im literally wasting away......atrophied.....expecting the eventual (hopefully not) waitlist/rejectionwaiting forever 🙁
For the PRIME ppl waitlisted, did you guys get a call or email?
so what do people think for next week lolWhat I've gathered from previous threads:
So basically, now is the time to hear *something* but it could be anything. SO I guess we sit tight and hope for the best 🙂
- 2021-22 thread: WLs came out this time last year (Thurs 2/24), post-II Rs came out the following week (3/4)
- 2020-21: As (Thurs 2/25), As (Thurs 3/4), post-II Rs (Tues 3/9), WLs (Thurs 3/18)
- 2019-20: As & WLs had already gone out by this time, Post-II Rs (Mon 2/24), trailing A in late March (reported week of 3/22, no prior communication)
- 2018-19: bunch of As by now, WLs (Fri 3/1) but some were sent in error?, Rs (Mon 3/4)
Sep interview. No news.Where are my regular MD friends
beaglesrthecutest
New Member
sameSep interview. No news.
Rs for everyone on Mon/Tues...so what do people think for next week lol
(just kidding)
Have PRIME-CDU offers gone out?
siperbigbowl
Full Member
it has been so silent for regular MD for the past 2 weeks, have no idea what it means, but next week we MUST hear some news[emoji1696]
I may have a poor understanding of this, and if so, someone please correct me.
From AAMC:
"By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS"
So I think there's probably a slowdown?? I think at some point in time (either April 15 or 30), people have to start picking schools so some people may choose other schools, etc, then they'll start giving out more As? Idk at what point WLs will play into this. Someone please correct me
From AAMC:
"By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS"
So I think there's probably a slowdown?? I think at some point in time (either April 15 or 30), people have to start picking schools so some people may choose other schools, etc, then they'll start giving out more As? Idk at what point WLs will play into this. Someone please correct me
Last edited:
I doubt they will be giving out straight A’s in April. Those dates are when schools start taking people off from their waitlist.I may have a poor understanding of this, and if so, someone please correct me.
From AAMC:
"By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS"
So I think there's probably a slowdown?? I think at some point in time (either April 15 or 30), people have to start picking schools so some people may choose other schools, etc, then they'll start giving out more As? Idk how WLs will play into this. Someone please correct me
Makes senseI doubt they will be giving out straight A’s in April. Those dates are when schools start taking people off from their waitlist.
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Do we think UCLA is still giving out straight As?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of us who haven't heard are REALLY hoping so.Do we think UCLA is still giving out straight As?
D
deleted1139705
Nah fam, I'm gunning for a "top of the waitlist" though.Do we think UCLA is still giving out straight As?
Then was everyone who interviewed in January basically interviewed for a waitlist spot? I wish they were more transparentNah fam, I'm gunning for a "top of the waitlist" though.
Anecdotally from classmates, some got a straight A (no prior alt list or anything like that) in April around 2nd look time.Do we think UCLA is still giving out straight As?
No, everyone who interviews is interviewing for an acceptance. A good chunk of folks are accepted by end of Jan, and another good chunk of folks are accepted beginning Feb to March-ish.Then was everyone who interviewed in January basically interviewed for a waitlist spot? I wish they were more transparent