You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got the full ride! In literal tears
Still processing this but as an immigrant and low ses student, this is probably the most life changing news I have ever received. Truly truly grateful 🥹
xxcrepesxx
Full Member
Congrats to y’all!! Quick question we’re y’all IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JonoProBono
New Member
OOS!Congrats to y’all!! Quick question we’re y’all IS or OOS?
D
deleted1017183
Does anyone know generally how generous UCLA is with need-based aide? I have an EFC of 0 for context.
Congrats to y’all!! Quick question we’re y’all IS or OOS?
I’m oos, no ties
FoggyTraffic
Full Member
I wonder if that’s the end for their scholarship offers
I think there still is more, so far only people with full tuition or a full ride have posted but there's also the DGSOM Dean's Merit Award which is a varying amount of scholarship anywhere from $0 up to full tuition and it seems that no one has mentioned getting it yet?mannn 😢. do y'all think so? last year I saw that there were some calls the following Monday. but I might just be delusional
I do too, and didn't get that much from fin aid alone (~20k)Does anyone know generally how generous UCLA is with need-based aide? I have an EFC of 0 for context.
About half tuition for EFC=0. No idea if that changes with some of the extra funding they've gotten.Does anyone know generally how generous UCLA is with need-based aide? I have an EFC of 0 for context.
Interesting, this doc that you linked says that 75 people get off out of 200 waitlisted apps... slightly higher chance than 50 out of 150! :')The AAMC pdf shows 150 waitlist students with 50 getting off. Waitlist applicants will not be considered until after May 1st
Interesting, this doc that you linked says that 75 people get off out of 200 waitlisted apps... slightly higher chance than 50 out of 150! :')
Probably varies by the year based on the number of matriculants
what an emotional rollercoaster between 3-5pm for u LOL CONGRATSI just got the full ride! In literal tears
Does this stat include the PRIME and CDU/UCLA waitlists too?Interesting, this doc that you linked says that 75 people get off out of 200 waitlisted apps... slightly higher chance than 50 out of 150! :')
what an emotional rollercoaster between 3-5pm for u LOL CONGRATS
Certainly was an emotional roller coaster!
There it is. Post-II R just now. I wish it was different but getting an interview in and of itself felt like a win. Congrats to all of you who were and will be accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1There it is. Post-II R just now. I wish it was different but getting an interview in and of itself felt like a win. Congrats to all of you who were and will be accepted!
There it is. Post-II R just now. I wish it was different but getting an interview in and of itself felt like a win. Congrats to all of you who were and will be accepted!
You are right, congratulations on the interview
Wow on a Monday... When did you interview if you don't mind sharing? And you're absolutely right. Everyone should be insanely proud of themselves after interviewing here and really any medical school because that **** is HARD.There it is. Post-II R just now. I wish it was different but getting an interview in and of itself felt like a win. Congrats to all of you who were and will be accepted!
furryllama22
Full Member
im just waiting for ucla to rip off the bandaid and give me that R already too :')
R at 10:00 am. Interviewed 9/19.
As someone with silence from UCLA, I have no idea what to think. No R. No WL. No A. Jan interviewee, so maybe that's why?
JonoProBono
New Member
The person who called me said notifications would go out next week but just wanted to call me early with good news. I'm not sure if that means that not all of them have went out yet, or if just those who were called should just expect the official award letter next week.does anyone happen to know if all the scholarship offers have been sent out?
I interviewed in december.Wow on a Monday... When did you interview if you don't mind sharing? And you're absolutely right. Everyone should be insanely proud of themselves after interviewing here and really any medical school because that **** is HARD.
The person who called me said notifications would go out next week but just wanted to call me early with good news. I'm not sure if that means that not all of them have went out yet, or if just those who were called should just expect the official award letter next week.
He explained this to me but specifically said that my letter would come next week so I’m not sure what they really meant.
unbotheredmed
New Member
What time did y'all receive the scholarship call. I feel sick y'all
ucla doesn’t accept letters of intent though wdym. besides updates idk what else we can doFor those waitlisted, I know usually it's prudent to submit an LOI or a new letter of rec, or schedule a tour for other schools but would those same things be helpful for DGSOM?
would an update help for waitlists tho? - I thought it said somewhere that they don't consider them? maybe it was just about LOIsucla doesn’t accept letters of intent though wdym. besides updates idk what else we can do
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
updates are fine. I sent an update before and still got WL looool. don’t think it’ll push the needle significantly. For letters of intent, it’s stated on their website that they don’t accept them.would an update help for waitlists tho? - I thought it said somewhere that they don't consider them? maybe it was just about LOIs
D
deleted1139705
R’d post II.
ladoctora100
Full Member
WL just now
Still silence for me [emoji850]
I think a classmate of ours made our class group me last year. Otherwise students involved in admissions should start sending out group me invites for smaller groups soon.Accepted peeps, is there no GroupMe for Geffen?
I am aware of the FB page only
siperbigbowl
Full Member
cant believe now we have to wait until May[emoji24]
D
deleted1154868
We will gib the As in Mays
nattyzamora13
Full Member
Literally I’m so sad too.Contacted prime-La and they said all As and WLs have gone out 😭 and that Rs should be going out next week. How devastating 😭
Anybody still have silence post-II? Please tell me I'm not alone in this boat.
meowmix2099
Full Member
Still have silence post-II for DGSOM- interviewed in January.Anybody still have silence post-II? Please tell me I'm not alone in this boat.
biscuits0419
New Member
For those of you on "top of the waitlist", did you see that phrase in an email or in the Admissions Decisions tab of the portal, or both?
Maximus0703
Full Member
Just in the email.For those of you on "top of the waitlist", did you see that phrase in an email or in the Admissions Decisions tab of the portal, or both?
I'm trying to figure out why we haven't heard yet. Did you also apply PRIME? Maybe they're just waiting to send the double-R in one go? [emoji3525]Still have silence post-II for DGSOM- interviewed in January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meowmix2099
Full Member
Ahh I’m not too sure :\ I had interviewed for PRIME in January separately and I’m sure that’s an R given what someone said earlier after contacting their admissions office. I think we can still stay tuned for DGSOM since I’ve heard of previous January interviewees not getting the A until end of March 😬I'm trying to figure out why we haven't heard yet. Did you also apply PRIME? Maybe they're just waiting to send the double-R in one go? [emoji3525]
xxcrepesxx
Full Member
FULL TUITION NOTIF!! I'm not picky, money is money!! let's gooooo
FULL TUITION NOTIF!! I'm not picky, money is money!! let's gooooo
!!! Congrats!
siperbigbowl
Full Member
Just wondering… does waitlist have a chance to get any scholarship?
Yes but what will be given is unclearJust wondering… does waitlist have a chance to get any scholarship?