2022-2023 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got the full ride! In literal tears

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
I just got the full ride! In literal tears

Still processing this but as an immigrant and low ses student, this is probably the most life changing news I have ever received. Truly truly grateful 🥹

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know generally how generous UCLA is with need-based aide? I have an EFC of 0 for context.

I wonder if that’s the end for their scholarship offers
mannn :cryi:. do y'all think so? last year I saw that there were some calls the following Monday. but I might just be delusional
I think there still is more, so far only people with full tuition or a full ride have posted but there's also the DGSOM Dean's Merit Award which is a varying amount of scholarship anywhere from $0 up to full tuition and it seems that no one has mentioned getting it yet?

Does anyone know generally how generous UCLA is with need-based aide? I have an EFC of 0 for context.
About half tuition for EFC=0. No idea if that changes with some of the extra funding they've gotten.

Reactions: 1 user
The AAMC pdf shows 150 waitlist students with 50 getting off. Waitlist applicants will not be considered until after May 1st
Interesting, this doc that you linked says that 75 people get off out of 200 waitlisted apps... slightly higher chance than 50 out of 150! :')

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interesting, this doc that you linked says that 75 people get off out of 200 waitlisted apps... slightly higher chance than 50 out of 150! :')

Probably varies by the year based on the number of matriculants

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There it is. Post-II R just now. I wish it was different but getting an interview in and of itself felt like a win. Congrats to all of you who were and will be accepted!

You are right, congratulations on the interview

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
For those waitlisted, I know usually it's prudent to submit an LOI or a new letter of rec, or schedule a tour for other schools but would those same things be helpful for DGSOM?

Reactions: 1 users
There it is. Post-II R just now. I wish it was different but getting an interview in and of itself felt like a win. Congrats to all of you who were and will be accepted!
Wow on a Monday... When did you interview if you don't mind sharing? And you're absolutely right. Everyone should be insanely proud of themselves after interviewing here and really any medical school because that **** is HARD.

• Care
im just waiting for ucla to rip off the bandaid and give me that R already too :')

R 30 min ago. Interviewed 10/03. I feel soooooo upset, I just wanna go home and cry, but can't show any emotions at work.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
does anyone happen to know if all the scholarship offers have been sent out?

does anyone happen to know if all the scholarship offers have been sent out?
The person who called me said notifications would go out next week but just wanted to call me early with good news. I'm not sure if that means that not all of them have went out yet, or if just those who were called should just expect the official award letter next week.

The person who called me said notifications would go out next week but just wanted to call me early with good news. I'm not sure if that means that not all of them have went out yet, or if just those who were called should just expect the official award letter next week.

He explained this to me but specifically said that my letter would come next week so I’m not sure what they really meant.

For those waitlisted, I know usually it's prudent to submit an LOI or a new letter of rec, or schedule a tour for other schools but would those same things be helpful for DGSOM?
ucla doesn’t accept letters of intent though wdym. besides updates idk what else we can do

ucla doesn’t accept letters of intent though wdym. besides updates idk what else we can do
would an update help for waitlists tho? - I thought it said somewhere that they don't consider them? maybe it was just about LOIs

would an update help for waitlists tho? - I thought it said somewhere that they don't consider them? maybe it was just about LOIs
updates are fine. I sent an update before and still got WL looool. don’t think it’ll push the needle significantly. For letters of intent, it’s stated on their website that they don’t accept them.

Accepted peeps, is there no GroupMe for Geffen?
I am aware of the FB page only

Accepted peeps, is there no GroupMe for Geffen?
I am aware of the FB page only
I think a classmate of ours made our class group me last year. Otherwise students involved in admissions should start sending out group me invites for smaller groups soon.

For those of you on "top of the waitlist", did you see that phrase in an email or in the Admissions Decisions tab of the portal, or both?

I'm trying to figure out why we haven't heard yet. Did you also apply PRIME? Maybe they're just waiting to send the double-R in one go?
Ahh I’m not too sure :\ I had interviewed for PRIME in January separately and I’m sure that’s an R given what someone said earlier after contacting their admissions office. I think we can still stay tuned for DGSOM since I’ve heard of previous January interviewees not getting the A until end of March 😬

FULL TUITION NOTIF!! I'm not picky, money is money!! let's gooooo

Reactions: 9 users