2022-2023 UT Southwestern (UTSW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those who matched.

As long as there are interviews scheduled there will be slots available for prematches since they dont interview for waitlists.

Essentially the school(s) limits admits to a certain number in each round and hold everyone else and if they can't find sufficient number to admit in that round they pick from previous rounds to round off the totals.

I expect @oatly to release about 6-7 slots in Texas since they can't attend every school or none in Texas. Same with our celebrity couple who keep getting admitted everywhere! So there will be at least 3 seats in several schools that will be opening up during match that we know of!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone that heard back today. I'm an OOS applicant that interviewed on 10/22 and still haven't heard back. Does this mean that I have been rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched today. I'm going to be a doctor! Interviewed 12/10.
I interviewed on this day as well!! I also pre-matched today (although i'm OOS so i'm not sure if it's referred to as that). I didn't expect it at all!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed on this day as well!! I also pre-matched today (although i'm OOS so i'm not sure if it's referred to as that). I didn't expect it at all!
Congrats. Yours is considered an admission that you can hold onto until almost May 1st while IS students with multiple pre-matches have to release all except 1 during Match in early March.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats. Yours is considered an admission that you can hold onto until almost May 1st while IS students with multiple pre-matches have to release all except 1 during Match in early March.
Ahh okay, that's interesting to hear!! Thank you

How likely is it now for people from the 10/15 (and earlier) interview pools to hear back during pre-match rounds? I sure hope they still reserve spots for us too as premed students that they thought were competitive enough to interview earlier, or am I just wishful thinking at this point? lol
There might be just one more prematch round before the actual match unless UTSW had two rounds early this year in both January and February.

Edit: Checked last year's thread and didnt see anything between January prematches and March matches. So if anyone prematched before match ranking was due they didnt say anything on SDN.

Last edited:
as someone who interviewed 9/10… slowly losing hope for prematch :( I thought my interview went well, but I guess nothing is really predictable in this process

Reactions: 2 users
I just got off a 9 hour flight to find a UTSW PREMATCH IN MY EMAIL!!! I’m scaring the Europeans with my joy but I really think they're happy for me on the inside

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
as someone who interviewed 9/10… slowly losing hope for prematch :( I thought my interview went well, but I guess nothing is really predictable in this process
Sending you hugs. I interviewed 10/22 and thought it went super well. Both of my interviewers and I clicked and told me enthusiastically they hoped to see me next year. I know that’s a generic thing they say to everyone, but I was really hoping here :( The chances are really small but they’re still there - crossing my fingers for us both.

Reactions: 5 users
Got an email from the office of inclusion speaking about their diversity programs in an attempt to have one rank UTSW pretty high for match day. It probably doesn’t mean anything and is most likely generic. I just wish they would be silent unless they send out prematches. Seeing UTSW in the headline faces me anxiety.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Got an email from the office of inclusion speaking about their diversity programs in an attempt to have one rank UTSW pretty high for match day. It probably doesn’t mean anything and is most likely generic. I just wish they would be silent unless they send out prematches. Seeing UTSW in the headline faces me anxiety.
Send an email saying where is my prematch @

• Haha
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't even get that email. Did everyone get it?

Any current students have thoughts on whether I should visit on an applicant visit day vs. the MS0 Second Look weekend? I am OOS and cannot afford to travel to both. They have not released details about MS0, but it is coming up fairly soon.

Any current students have thoughts on whether I should visit on an applicant visit day vs. the MS0 Second Look weekend? I am OOS and cannot afford to travel to both. They have not released details about MS0, but it is coming up fairly soon.

They serve different purposes. The first one is giving you more information on the school while second look gives you more info on moving, finding apartments, making friends with most likely classmates who are serious about attending the school etc.

If you are going to only one, go to 2nd look because this is where you can figure out whether you want to be in the class of people who show up and plan for a future in Dallas.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R as well, I'll assume this one wasn't a mistake ;)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry to hear about all the pre II Rs.

Are there people still in no II or R status? There has been a question mark about whether UTSW still has open interview dates they have not called for.

Are there people still in no II or R status? There has been a question mark about whether UTSW still has open interview dates they have not called for.
The email mentioned that they had "completed their review of applicants" which could go either way about future II

Yes. No II or R here (yet)

No II or R yet for me too, but I probably just haven’t gotten the R email yet!

I suppose they could wait on notifying some candidates in case one of their upcoming interviewees cancels on them.
However, UTSW usually wraps things up early as they have done this year, and the last time they made any interview invitations as far as I know was November 22.
I believe their last interview day is coming up here on Jan 7, anybody hear of dates beyond that?

Pre-II R :( realistically knew this was coming but held out hope. Now I can focus my attention on schools that invited me to interview!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For reference:
1672946504086.png

+ Pre-II R

• Care
I take it back this year I DID get the R lol

• Care
No pre-II R but I'm expecting one soon lmao. Looks like they're sending Rs in waves based on the timing of how people are posting on this thread ? I know Drexel does that for virtual open house emails so that their system doesn't crash.

No pre-II R but I'm expecting one soon lmao. Looks like they're sending Rs in waves based on the timing of how people are posting on this thread ? I know Drexel does that for virtual open house emails so that their system doesn't crash.
got the R <3

• Care
  • Wow
pre II r, not surprised due to stats. good luck all!

• Care