-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UT Tyler
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They are required to admit me thoIn theory, OOS cap is to prevent too many OOS admits and a school is not RFEQUIRED to admit 10%.
I'm keeping this mentality through DecemberThey are required to admit me tho
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too 😢 Still holding onto hope for an II!Man I want to go here so badly.
You as well! Sending hugs from North Texas.It felt like I was the only here with no II but hopefully you get one Johnson.
I don't have one either so ! We are all in this together....It felt like I was the only here with no II but hopefully you get one Johnson.
My friend just got an II last week so they’re still going!
D
deleted1140882
PSA, UTT SOM has gone up to 24 ppl per interview instead of previously only 12.
So does this mean they're interviewing more than the 140-160 they said?
PSA, UTT SOM has gone up to 24 ppl per interview instead of previously only 12.
I know they said that they were potentially adding an afternoon session- are they doing that or are they doubling session size? That means they would have to fit 4 rounds of MMI in one half day.PSA, UTT SOM has gone up to 24 ppl per interview instead of previously only 12.
That's what occurred, split us into 4 groups and did MMI at different times.4 rounds of MMI in one half day
D
deleted1140269
I wonder if they are doing this for all dates moving forward or only a couple to meet that 140-160 range they mentioned previously.PSA, UTT SOM has gone up to 24 ppl per interview instead of previously only 12.
D
deleted1106377
That makes more sense. I thought that they would’ve had to add more spots. Otherwise, their interview cohort would be too smallPSA, UTT SOM has gone up to 24 ppl per interview instead of previously only 12.
The smaller it is, the better for us interviewing lolThat makes more sense. I thought that they would’ve had to add more spots. Otherwise, their interview cohort would be too small
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1106377
I agree lol! But from their perspective 12 a day for only like 11 interview days seemed too lowThe smaller it is, the better for us interviewing lol
They said that they would during my interview. The day would be in March/April.Does anyone know if this school will be offering a second look day for interviewed or accepted candidates?
They said that they would during my interview. The day would be in March/April.
Going off the date, it’s for accepted students only?
Second looks are usually done before the decision point, i.e., match submit deadline. It is kind of hard with tmdsas schools because they cant get this timing to work correctly. Most other medical schools do second look before finalizing a school on May 1st.They said that they would during my interview. The day would be in March/April.
Second looks are usually done before the decision point, i.e., match submit deadline. It is kind of hard with tmdsas schools because they cant get this timing to work correctly. Most other medical schools do second look before finalizing a school on May 1st.
This was my understanding. Second looks if you have multiples acceptances and need more insight in making your match preference. Maybe this school is only doing it for accepted students, but not what I thought second looks were designed for.
D
deleted1106377
What they told us on interview day was that they were going to do them, but they did not have a date in mind.This was my understanding. Second looks if you have multiples acceptances and need more insight in making your match preference. Maybe this school is only doing it for accepted students, but not what I thought second looks were designed for.
It would make sense for TMDSAS schools to have a second look before February 17th.
| February 17 | Submission deadline for RANKING of SCHOOL PREFERENCE for the TMDSAS admissions match; must be entered online by 5 p.m. CST |
| March 3 | Match results announced and rolling admissions period begins |
D
deleted1106377
Of course man, and here’s hoping you hear back. Sounds like they’ve been opening up more slots tooThank you so much.
I submitted my secondary in August hopefully I’ll hear from them soon.
hntran25
Full Member
Thank you for your kind wordsOf course man, and here’s hoping you hear back. Sounds like they’ve been opening up more slots too
Me wants an II.... even if it means maxing my credit card to travel to Tyler.
Where do you live? Antartica?maxing my credit card to travel to Tyler.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Travel is expensive, man. Costs a few hundred dollars for flights, rental cars, hotels, food, etc.Where do you live? Antartica?
You all are lucky since covid restrictions are still in place.Travel is expensive, man. Costs a few hundred dollars for flights, rental cars, hotels, food, etc.
Pre 2021 interview seasons people had to budget 5000 - 10000 for travel depending on how many places they interviewed.
I think it is fair to say that everybody going through this process can now benefit from increased accessibility of this whole process! Sure it is unfortunate that in the past not everybody could afford the same opportunities as others, but I think maybe this shift to online interviews at some places will increase the ability for low SES applicants to get into med school when they otherwise wouldn't be able to
The other pole.Where do you live? Antartica?
That's nutsYou all are lucky since covid restrictions are still in place.
Pre 2021 interview seasons people had to budget 5000 - 10000 for travel depending on how many places they interviewed.
I traveled from Houston and between the hotel, food, and gas I spent about $450.Where do you live? Antartica?
That's nuts, I did the same trip on $175 including dry cleaning.I traveled from Houston and between the hotel, food, and gas I spent about $450.
Good for you, @Tx82eY23 - way to make it on a budget!That's nuts, I did the same trip on $175 including dry cleaning.
Do you know how many interview dates to signup are left by chance?My friend just got an II last week so they’re still going!
I believe someone here mentioned there was one interview date left, but that may have changed! (I also may be mistaken)Do you know how many interview dates to signup are left by chance?
I think they extended one of their deadlines for something, the last interview date is January 26th I believeI believe someone here mentioned there was one interview date left, but that may have changed! (I also may be mistaken)
Diabolic-Acidosis
Full Member
Interview coming up next week. Does anyone know if the meet and greet the night before interview is required? Reached out to admissions but no response yet.
No it is not but I highly recommend it.Interview coming up next week. Does anyone know if the meet and greet the night before interview is required? Reached out to admissions but no response yet.
Is the meet and greet business casual?
Yes.Is the meet and greet business casual?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is not. I think attending if you have any questions about the school can be helpful. However, they discuss everything in depth on interview day and give you the opportunity to ask questions too. So if you can't attend, don't sweat it! Good luck with your interview!Interview coming up next week. Does anyone know if the meet and greet the night before interview is required? Reached out to admissions but no response yet.
D
deleted1106377
Yeah I agree with this. I think like 3 people from my day weren't able to make it. It's just a few of the UTT residents and faculty that want to get to know you. It is also nice to meet some of the applicants, but you'll be able to do that on interview day anyways since you'll be walking around with them the entire day.It is not. I think attending if you have any questions about the school can be helpful. However, they discuss everything in depth on interview day and give you the opportunity to ask questions too. So if you can't attend, don't sweat it! Good luck with your interview!
wantstobeaphysician
Full Member
I submitted my application a long time ago and still no interview invite 🙁 this is really upsetting me
hntran25
Full Member
Same 😞😞I submitted my application a long time ago and still no interview invite 🙁 this is really upsetting me
D
deleted760686
Hey, I know it's tough but keep your head up. SDN is a great resource but often attracts some of the top applicants, creating a skewed perception of reality. Some people get interviews from everywhere they apply, and that's great, but that's an unrealistic standard for most. We are all on our own journey and I'm rooting for you!I submitted my application a long time ago and still no interview invite 🙁 this is really upsetting me