-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 UT Tyler
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's realistic, but I sure hope you're wrong lol. Either way, we all find out for sure on 3/3I’m going to bet that all of the prematch spots have been given out and that now the rest will have to wait until the real match. I may be eating my words tomorrow, though!
D
deleted1106377
10 spots seems awfully high to be remaining. I’m also leaning towards the fact we’ll have to wait till March at this point
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there were 12 as of last monday and there’s been some since so i don’t doubt it!10 spots seems awfully high to be remaining. I’m also leaning towards the fact we’ll have to wait till March at this point
D
deleted1106377
That's crazy to me since we were told ~20 prematches were filled by mid December. Do you know someone directly on admissions?there were 12 as of last monday and there’s been some since so i don’t doubt it!
Know someone who knows someoneThat's crazy to me since we were told ~20 prematches were filled by mid December. Do you know someone directly on admissions?
Last edited:
acute_puppy
Full Member
They're doing this to torture us, I just know it.For everyone wondering the prematch deadline was extended to Feb 16th, per admissions.
sopapilla
Full Member
I emailed UT Tyler admissions last week about if they're giving out 40 pre-matches and if the TMDSAS deadline is 1/31 and this is what they said:
Good afternoon,
TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.
We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.
All the best,
Good afternoon,
TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.
We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.
All the best,
D
deleted1106377
Now that makes more sense why there's still 12 spots then haha. It just didn't make sense they would dump the rest all on one dayFor everyone wondering the prematch deadline was extended to Feb 16th, per admissions.
D
deleted1106377
Thank you for the update!I emailed UT Tyler admissions last week about if they're giving out 40 pre-matches and if the TMDSAS deadline is 1/31 and this is what they said:
Good afternoon,
TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.
We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.
All the best,
Is this just for UTT?For everyone wondering the prematch deadline was extended to Feb 16th, per admissions.
D
deleted760686
Huh wow this is the first time I'm hearing about the prematch extensionI emailed UT Tyler admissions last week about if they're giving out 40 pre-matches and if the TMDSAS deadline is 1/31 and this is what they said:
Good afternoon,
TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.
We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.
All the best,
Is this extension only for Tyler?I emailed UT Tyler admissions last week about if they're giving out 40 pre-matches and if the TMDSAS deadline is 1/31 and this is what they said:
Good afternoon,
TMDSAS has extended the pre-match deadline to February 16. The Admissions Committee will have reviewed all candidates who interviewed by this point.
We can pre-match up to 40 students, but the Admissions Committee doesn't have a set number of offers they plan to extend. It all depends on who they feel absolutely confident about. If there are spots left at the end of pre-matches, those will just be additional spots open for Match Day. Students can also accept multiple pre-match offers, so someone we extend an offer to might decide to attend a different institution, opening up additional spots.
All the best,
sopapilla
Full Member
Same! They just responded today to my email.Huh wow this is the first time I'm hearing about the prematch extension
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sopapilla
Full Member
I'm not sureIs this extension only for Tyler?
D
deleted1106377
Honestly I was having difficulty finding a web page where TMDSAS stated explicitly that prematch ends in January. Individual schools had their own deadlines, but I could never find anything that was a hard and fast rule (other than what's on these threads).Huh wow this is the first time I'm hearing about the prematch extension
It’s on the TMDSAS guide.Honestly I was having difficulty finding a web page where TMDSAS stated explicitly that prematch ends in January. Individual schools had their own deadlines, but I could never find anything that was a hard and fast rule (other than what's on these threads).
This is the first I’ve heard of an extension so I can’t confirm or deny right now
D
deleted1106377
Then that makes sense. I only checked the TMDSAS website and calendarIt’s on the TMDSAS guide.
This is the first I’ve heard of an extension so I can’t confirm or deny right now
D
deleted1106377
Also they just sent me an email, and I got super excited.... turns out it was just an interview survey form 😢
me too i almost threw up frAlso they just sent me an email, and I got super excited.... turns out it was just an interview survey form 😢
SAME. Interesting how they want it completed before the extended pre-match deadline though 🤔me too i almost threw up fr
I got it too. That was cruel. 🤣Also they just sent me an email, and I got super excited.... turns out it was just an interview survey form 😢
Idk why they sent a second one- I did a survey a few days after my interview also
I pulled over on the road when I got the email/survey. I first thought it was a rejection.
acute_puppy
Full Member
Filling out all the comment boxes on the survey just saying, "LET ME IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"
😵Filling out all the comment boxes on the survey just saying, "LET ME IIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"
D
deleted1106377
Both people were told that they did in fact extend it by admissions directly, so no reason not to trust themNo luck today, but maybe they did extend it? Has anyone heard anything else about that?
I also got the same email as them yesterday saying it was extendedNo luck today, but maybe they did extend it? Has anyone heard anything else about that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roloworld12125
New Member
The email they sent just now scared me.
The virtual Q&A session?The email they sent just now scared me.
It's going to be packed.The virtual Q&A session?
D
deleted1106377
Hahaha exactly my thought process tooI don't have any questions right now but I still want to go because I bet you guys all have better questions I'm not thinking of
WhataburgerKid
New Member
Hello, everyone! I've gone through this forum and, like most of you, am eagerly waiting for what would be some of the best news of my life. I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I cannot for the life of me find this information anywhere: can someone explain or point me to a forum that explains the abbreviations/code y'all use? For instance, I've put together that "II" means "interview" but I don't know why.
II = Interview invite, A = acceptance.Hello, everyone! I've gone through this forum and, like most of you, am eagerly waiting for what would be some of the best news of my life. I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I cannot for the life of me find this information anywhere: can someone explain or point me to a forum that explains the abbreviations/code y'all use? For instance, I've put together that "II" means "interview" but I don't know why.
Are there any specifics that you're curious about?
II we use to stand for Interview Invitation.Hello, everyone! I've gone through this forum and, like most of you, am eagerly waiting for what would be some of the best news of my life. I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I cannot for the life of me find this information anywhere: can someone explain or point me to a forum that explains the abbreviations/code y'all use? For instance, I've put together that "II" means "interview" but I don't know why.
IA can mean Interviews Attended, but in other contexts means Institutional Action 😵
Don't worry, you'll catch on.
Check these threads too:
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence for general Texas chit-chat
and
*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2022-2023 *~*~*~* for questions related to TMDSAS
WhataburgerKid
New Member
Thanks! I've also seen a lot of small print on individual posts like "LizzyM Score" and such. I put together that these are personal pieces of information folks are advertising.II = Interview invite, A = acceptance.
Are there any specifics that you're curious about?
Ah, yes those "small print things" under a member's posts list their grades, Mcat, and number of interviews and such.Thanks! I've also seen a lot of small print on individual posts like "LizzyM Score" and such. I put together that these are personal pieces of information folks are advertising.
It can save a lot of posts and questions because when someone announces they got an interview, 5 people will ask "what are your stats?"
Sharing details is completely voluntary
WhataburgerKid
New Member
That makes sense. And thanks for forwarding those threads - I'll keep an eye on them.II we use to stand for Interview Invitation.
IA can mean Interviews Attended, but in other contexts means Institutional Action 😵
Don't worry, you'll catch on.
Check these threads too:
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence for general Texas chit-chat
and
*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2022-2023 *~*~*~* for questions related to TMDSAS
WhataburgerKid
New Member
Good to know. Appreciate the explanations.Ah, yes those "small print things" under a member's posts list their grades, Mcat, and number of interviews and such.
It can save a lot of posts and questions because when someone announces they got an interview, 5 people will ask "what are your stats?"
Sharing details is completely voluntary
Jan 13: a total of 272 interviews, they had 20 offers out on the 13
D
deleted1106377
Jan 13: a total of 272 interviews, they had 20 offers out on the 13
I’m impressed you even found this haha! I would have never seen it otherwise. Cool information to know tho thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roloworld12125
New Member
yesThe virtual Q&A session?
Some acceptances may come following match day as people decline their acceptance. However, in my opinion I wouldn't rely on that and would just assume 3/3 is finalwait sorry for my ignorance, but if we don’t hear back about the pre-matches this month, will we for sure know by Match day which is in March?
While you wait to hear:wait sorry for my ignorance, but if we don’t hear back about the pre-matches this month, will we for sure know by Match day which is in March?
Rank all the schools that interviewed you on your TMDSAS portal before February 17.
Please watch the TMDSAS match explanation video and read the FAQS on the TMDSAS guide
The Republic of Texas XLI: You'll Never Break A Horse if You Stay Sittin' on the Fence
Forgive me if this question doesn’t make sense to you. I am prematched to a Texas school currently and accepted the offer. Is it secure to put this school on the third rank on my school list for Match day? I am happy and satisfied with this school but I still want to give a try at UTSW and...
pc18
New Member
Hi, so I was accepted on 1/25 with a 12/13 interview. I've been creeping on this thread since I turned in my secondary... lol so I know there's a groupme for accepted students! May I have in?👀
p.s. I don't remember my science GPA but I graduated 3.59 over all four years of undergrad here in East Texas. I had a good GPA trend upwards my junior and senior year. Highest MCAT 500. I've worked as a scribe in ETX for almost 2 years now.
A fellow applicant reminded me once so I'll restate it: Remember you can't standardize a person! I think my stats and my story speak to that!
p.s. I don't remember my science GPA but I graduated 3.59 over all four years of undergrad here in East Texas. I had a good GPA trend upwards my junior and senior year. Highest MCAT 500. I've worked as a scribe in ETX for almost 2 years now.
A fellow applicant reminded me once so I'll restate it: Remember you can't standardize a person! I think my stats and my story speak to that!