2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do I send a thank you note to the interviewer?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! Received a call yesterday around 5. IS applicant, completed the interview on 10/5. Have not received the acceptance email yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Also got the A call yesterday around 5!! Got the email a couple hrs ago today

Reactions: 2 users
Just got WL :( LM67 IS Interviewed 10/14, does anyone know how the waitlist movement is for MSUCOM? I'm still fairly optimistic since it's still so early, but kinda bummed that I didn't get the A...

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just got WL :( LM67 IS Interviewed 10/14, does anyone know how the waitlist movement is for MSUCOM? I'm still fairly optimistic since it's still so early, but kinda bummed that I didn't get the A...
WL movement is actually really good at MSUCOM. Lots of people in my class were waitlisted and then later got an A. Were you given a WL "tier" or just general WL? I know they used to have like tier 1 WL, tier 2 WL, etc. with tier 1 being "next-in-line" for A's so to speak.

Anyone who is IS and a graduate of MSU or current student that has heard for an II?

WL movement is actually really good at MSUCOM. Lots of people in my class were waitlisted and then later got an A. Were you given a WL "tier" or just general WL? I know they used to have like tier 1 WL, tier 2 WL, etc. with tier 1 being "next-in-line" for A's so to speak.
Do you remember when they got off? I'm assuming at the end of the cycle. And I didn't get a 'tier' mention in the email, so maybe if they are still doing it this year then I will get a second email confirming the waitlist spot? Not exactly sure!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you remember when they got off? I'm assuming at the end of the cycle. And I didn't get a 'tier' mention in the email, so maybe if they are still doing it this year then I will get a second email confirming the waitlist spot? Not exactly sure!
Honestly it varied. Some people got off waitlist in Dec/Jan, others got off WL much later (May). A few of my friends here even got off WL really late, like a couple of weeks before school started unfortunately. Hopefully they don't do it that late this year because its really not ideal to have to move and everything with only a few weeks notice.

Honestly it varied. Some people got off waitlist in Dec/Jan, others got off WL much later (May). A few of my friends here even got off WL really late, like a couple of weeks before school started unfortunately. Hopefully they don't do it that late this year because its really not ideal to have to move and everything with only a few weeks notice.
many moons ago (9 yrs now ) i was waitlisted here, got off the waitlist in the spring (i think april). Im now a part-time attending/ fellow. Keep being persistent and checking on your status monthly and attend all the little extra open houses. They made a difference for me and for a few others i know. If all else fails and you are not off the waitlist, reapply if you didn't get in anywhere. You will be more likely to get an earlier interview and possibly get in. Good luck to all those waiting, the season is still young.

Just wondering here: how long do they give you to schedule your interview once you get an invite? Is it less than a week?

Just wondering here: how long do they give you to schedule your interview once you get an invite? Is it less than a week?
My interview invitation email didn't give any specific deadline to schedule.

If accepted, is there a deposit you are supposed to put in? How much is it and how many days do you have to deposit it? Also is it refundable?

If accepted, is there a deposit you are supposed to put in? How much is it and how many days do you have to deposit it? Also is it refundable?
If accepted they will give you the instructions on what to do next in an email.
You can also investigate the MSU-COM website under "Accepted Students".

Sounds like it has been taking around three weeks to hear back after the interview?

Is this one of those schools that ghosts you if you don’t get a II or will they actually let me know before June?

Completed 8/16 LM 70 - still radio silence

OOS II this afternoon! Excited!! complete 7/13 LM 65.2

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
If I was complete on 07/07 and still haven’t gotten an IS II, are my hopes over? 😪

For a school with 70% Michigan students, where is the IS love!?

For a school with 70% Michigan students, where is the IS love!?
Feeeel this. IS too with close ties! I think we just need to hang in there and our time will come. They have made lots of changes this year from what I understand with the secondary and the curriculum. They will interview up till March! 🙏🙏

It’s weird how ppl complete on end of September and beginning of July get the II I wonder how it works

OOS II this morning around 7 AM CST. 68 LM. Re-applicant. Yee-Haw.

OOS ii LM 64. Complete 07/13**

Hi y'all. Congrats to those who have received the A. If anyone wants the link to join the accepted Class of 28' groupme please DM me! I hate to gatekeep the link but we have had a real issue with bots joining and spamming the 27 and 26 chats in the past.

I submitted 7/6 and nothing. Im starting to think we submitted for last years cycle how early we did it and yet no response ahahah
Now don't make me nervous like that! Lol. It's hard to tell how much SDN is representative of the actual II numbers, but from here it's wild how little IS applicants are posting about IIs versus OOS