2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Sort of seems like there have been more OOS so far than IS but that thought process might just be my coping mechanism for not having one yet
Same and I don't think it's a very effective coping mechanism because I'm still waiting every day hoping to hear back 😂🙃

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have interviewed already, do we know when they will send out acceptances?

Also got the A yesterday! Interview on 9/19. Does anyone know how much the seat deposit is?

Anyone have any interview advice they can offer, slightly (highkey) nervous

Anyone have any interview advice they can offer, slightly (highkey) nervous
They have you sign a confidentiality statement, so I don't want to share too much to keep it fair, but I can say my interview was very laid back and conversational, and I really enjoyed talking with my interviewer. Keep in mind that it's a completely blind interview, so your interviewer won't know anything about you or your application aside from your name, so be prepared to talk about your journey and experiences. This was one of my more enjoyable interviews so far, and I could tell my interviewer really wanted to know about who I am as a person. Just relax and be yourself, and you'll do great! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Why do they keep sending me webinar emails. Are they trying to kill me? 😭

Reactions: 6 users
I def don’t have enough research experience to be even considered for the DO/PhD! Please don’t push my ego here with this email lmao

I def don’t have enough research experience to be even considered for the DO/PhD! Please don’t push my ego here with this email lmao
Believe in yourself, King! I have enough research experience but I have no idea if I would be able to do DO/PhD lol! I would be happy with just the DO!

Edit: I'm taking the II since the more I read about it, the more good things I see about MSUCOM

OOS II this morning! I've heard MSUCOM is one of the best DO programs, but I'm debating whether to attend the interview.

Do you all think MSU is worth attending as OOS resident vs. KCUCOM or PCOM GA campus? As a southerner I'm not sure I'd like the big change in climate or distance from family.

I'm leaning most toward PCOM GA because it's closest to home and also associated with a big name school (PCOM). It's a branch campus though so probably not quite at the level of PCOM PA.

Last edited:
when would be okay to contact them? I haven't heard anything back and I submitted my secondary 7/12.. really worried

Reactions: 1 users