You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Northwestern (Feinberg)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+6. Dream city and dream school for me and my family 🤓+5 lmao
primerfish
Full Member
@northwestern, i sent you my secondary plz respond
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1161947
+1 Northwestern Master of Science in Law Advertisement Invitation
John summit what are you doing here+1 Northwestern Master of Science in Law Advertisement Invitation
medfella
Full Member
interview invitation must be inbound 👀+1 Northwestern Master of Science in Law Advertisement Invitation
D
deleted1161947
i just wanna be where you are manJohn summit what are you doing here
Ahhh OOS II received! And just as I was trying to cook up a pre-II LOI too lol
medfella
Full Member
Is a pre-II LOI the strat? This is my dream school and barring like NYU or CCLCM I would attend here if I got in.Ahhh OOS II received! And just as I was trying to cook up a pre-II LOI too lol
I have no idea cuz the II came in before I sent mine. Their portal specifically has an upload option for a pre-II continued interest letter so I imagine that's something they welcome. I'd go for it if you don't hear in a couple weeks!Is a pre-II LOI the strat? This is my dream school and barring like NYU or CCLCM I would attend here if I got in.
imo it can only help, not hurt. The vibe I got was that the school is very receptive to communication throughout the cycle.Is a pre-II LOI the strat? This is my dream school and barring like NYU or CCLCM I would attend here if I got in.
I feel like pre-II might come off as desperate if you don't have something substantial to update. I'm in the same spot - Feinberg is definitely my top choice, so if it's well received I might send one. Any adcoms have insight?Is a pre-II LOI the strat? This is my dream school and barring like NYU or CCLCM I would attend here if I got in.
Substantial updates are good but so are specific reasons for wanting to go there beyond generic stuff like curriculum lots of research and location. family/support in the area, having a relationship or connection with a particular researcher, and knowing current students there could be solid to add. Also, if they are legit your top choice and you would go if you got in I would SAY THAT explicitly (assuming it is true). That is important for them to know. Just my thoughts at leastI feel like pre-II might come off as desperate if you don't have something substantial to update. I'm in the same spot - Feinberg is definitely my top choice, so if it's well received I might send one. Any adcoms have insight?
I had a substantial update that I put in already. Maybe putting in a purely interest letter can be impactful because it also shows you took the time to write it specifically for them? I'm trying to figure out when to send one bc I just recently updated them.Substantial updates are good but so are specific reasons for wanting to go there beyond generic stuff like curriculum lots of research and location. family/support in the area, having a relationship or connection with a particular researcher, and knowing current students there could be solid to add. Also, if they are legit your top choice and you would go if you got in I would SAY THAT explicitly (assuming it is true). That is important for them to know. Just my thoughts at least
Although I categorized my publication update as a general application update, not sure if that is correct or a blunder. Anyone have any insight?
BaileyBoo20
Full Member
+1 Feinberg Vitals
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1148226
I wish my dream school wasn’t a newsletter sender 🥲
Literally cant take this anymore they need to stop Im gonna have a heart attack😭+1 Feinberg Vitals
Loong Lions
New Member
shout out to the homie James Guo
gonna dm him asking for an IIshout out to the homie James Guo
T
THE MAN THE MYTH THE GUOme when i actually have met james guo before
Can I leverage this newsletter to get an II from Harvard?
you're selling yourself short. You could potentially get a full COA scholarship from them if you play your cards right.Can I leverage this newsletter to get an II from Harvard?
They said "A day in the life of a medical student" because they're obviously giving me direct admittance without interview. This explains why I didn't receive an invite.you're selling yourself short. You could potentially get a full COA scholarship from them if you play your cards right.
actual good take lmaoThey said "A day in the life of a medical student" because they're obviously giving me direct admittance without interview. This explains why I didn't receive an invite.
saquadsbarkley
New Member
Completion date? Stats?+1 Newsletter received! BMI 21, Resting heart rate 58, 5.3% Hba1c, Sonny main on TCM
ChocolateEclair
Full Member
IS II just now! I wish celebration cartwheels were acceptable in the workplace, because I am so pumped
Congratulations !! When were you complete? 🙂IS II just now! I wish celebration cartwheels were acceptable in the workplace, because I am so pumped
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChocolateEclair
Full Member
Thanks! I was complete 08/05Congratulations !! When were you complete? 🙂
D
deleted1169361
omg fast turnaround go you!!II received just now, complete 9/3, LM 81
D
deleted1161947
anyone know if they review apps in order or...?
D
deleted1148226
anyone know if they review apps in order or...?
they don’t! I got an interview in October last year but submitted in July. still holding out for a second chance 🙂
D
deleted1161947
thank you wise capybara best of luck 🙏they don’t! I got an interview in October last year but submitted in July. still holding out for a second chance 🙂
medfella
Full Member
Website says "If you submit Individual Letters, you will need to submit a total of three separate letters to meet Feinberg’s letters requirement." Has anyone submitted more than three letters and gotten an interview? I have another strong letter I would've liked to add. It doesn't say maximum # or minimum so I am unsure. My undergrad doesn't have committee letters.
I'd recommend you give them a call or just stick to three. I wouldn't submit more than that if you can't find literature from them saying more is ok.Website says "If you submit Individual Letters, you will need to submit a total of three separate letters to meet Feinberg’s letters requirement." Has anyone submitted more than three letters and gotten an interview? I have another strong letter I would've liked to add. It doesn't say maximum # or minimum so I am unsure. My undergrad doesn't have committee letters.
additionalrabbit
Full Member
I had a similar situation and called and asked. They said please only upload a fourth one when invited for an interview.I'd recommend you give them a call or just stick to three. I wouldn't submit more than that if you can't find literature from them saying more is ok.
D
deleted1143918
OOS II received!! Complete 7/16
@dihedralsymmetry A new GOAT is arising. Congrats!!OOS II received!! Complete 7/16
Top dawgIS II, complete ~2 weeks ago. Super hyped about this one!
BROOOO NICE I TOLD UUIS II, complete ~2 weeks ago. Super hyped about this one!
medfella
Full Member
Ok I submitted secondary here on 7/20 and haven't heard anything. This is probably my number 1 pick and I am trying to make a letter of interest but I don't know if what I have to say is worthwhile. I explained my whole gap year plan in the secondary and not much has deviated, I've been doing everything I've said and it is going great. I recently was an author on four abstracts submitted to various conferences, including one first author that I will hopefully be presenting at a national conference. But these are submissions and not even accepted yet. I have a bunch of friends that live in Chicago which is honestly a big reason for me because their support is so important to me. I tried reaching out to a director of a certain clinical center I am interested in but did not hear back. I guess I am playing this game of wanting to submit the interest letter before I get rejected but I don't feel I have anything meaningful enough to include. I don't want to wait for the abstracts to get accepted and risk maybe getting rejected first? Anyone have any thoughts? I probably would submit a letter of intent later I just feel its too early now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOI =/= update letter tho substantial updates are helpful to beef an LOI up. At my interview they said they interview thru Jan so plenty of time left. I would wait another couple weeks before trying to send something?Ok I submitted secondary here on 7/20 and haven't heard anything. This is probably my number 1 pick and I am trying to make a letter of interest but I don't know if what I have to say is worthwhile. I explained my whole gap year plan in the secondary and not much has deviated, I've been doing everything I've said and it is going great. I recently was an author on four abstracts submitted to various conferences, including one first author that I will hopefully be presenting at a national conference. But these are submissions and not even accepted yet. I have a bunch of friends that live in Chicago which is honestly a big reason for me because their support is so important to me. I tried reaching out to a director of a certain clinical center I am interested in but did not hear back. I guess I am playing this game of wanting to submit the interest letter before I get rejected but I don't feel I have anything meaningful enough to include. I don't want to wait for the abstracts to get accepted and risk maybe getting rejected first? Anyone have any thoughts? I probably would submit a letter of intent later I just feel its too early now.
Don't have much advice, but I'll just say I'm in the same spot as you. Feinberg is my number one choice and I've been debating if/when to send a LOI/update given that my application hasn't changed much since July. I just keep reminding myself that they interview into January/FebruaryOk I submitted secondary here on 7/20 and haven't heard anything. This is probably my number 1 pick and I am trying to make a letter of interest but I don't know if what I have to say is worthwhile. I explained my whole gap year plan in the secondary and not much has deviated, I've been doing everything I've said and it is going great. I recently was an author on four abstracts submitted to various conferences, including one first author that I will hopefully be presenting at a national conference. But these are submissions and not even accepted yet. I have a bunch of friends that live in Chicago which is honestly a big reason for me because their support is so important to me. I tried reaching out to a director of a certain clinical center I am interested in but did not hear back. I guess I am playing this game of wanting to submit the interest letter before I get rejected but I don't feel I have anything meaningful enough to include. I don't want to wait for the abstracts to get accepted and risk maybe getting rejected first? Anyone have any thoughts? I probably would submit a letter of intent later I just feel its too early now.
+1 invite to apply to the Master of Science Law. Complete 7/20, 6'5, NBA player, multi-billionaire.
We don't have a WAMC to dx any possible issues. LOIs don't really matter as long as you sent your app fee.Ok I submitted secondary here on 7/20 and haven't heard anything. This is probably my number 1 pick and I am trying to make a letter of interest but I don't know if what I have to say is worthwhile. I explained my whole gap year plan in the secondary and not much has deviated, I've been doing everything I've said and it is going great. I recently was an author on four abstracts submitted to various conferences, including one first author that I will hopefully be presenting at a national conference. But these are submissions and not even accepted yet. I have a bunch of friends that live in Chicago which is honestly a big reason for me because their support is so important to me. I tried reaching out to a director of a certain clinical center I am interested in but did not hear back. I guess I am playing this game of wanting to submit the interest letter before I get rejected but I don't feel I have anything meaningful enough to include. I don't want to wait for the abstracts to get accepted and risk maybe getting rejected first? Anyone have any thoughts? I probably would submit a letter of intent later I just feel its too early now.
Hi all, current student here with a little insight into admissions (not much): send Letters of Interest. They do help.
They will NOT make or break and are far from guaranteeing you an interview, but sending them do not hurt you at Northwestern. If they are truly are your #1, just re-state the reasons why you want to go there and that they remain a top school for you. It really is all you can do at this point.
They will NOT make or break and are far from guaranteeing you an interview, but sending them do not hurt you at Northwestern. If they are truly are your #1, just re-state the reasons why you want to go there and that they remain a top school for you. It really is all you can do at this point.