You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Pittsburgh
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ilovepinkpantheress
Full Member
dumb question but do you guys think now is too late to upload another rec letter :')
NYCandalsoChicago
Full Member
+1 was also thinking this, maybe if you have significant newsdumb question but do you guys think now is too late to upload another rec letter :')
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Hmm wait, do you think they accept updated letters of rec (say, from a PI for example)dumb question but do you guys think now is too late to upload another rec letter :')
Hmm wait, do you think they accept updated letters of rec (say, from a PI for example)
I think they do bc one of the students at a panel said they think sending another ref letter is what got her off the waitlist. I’d check the website though
Also at this point I would probably just wait until after decisions to send anything, I don’t think they’re making huge changes 1 week before release but what do I know
ilovepinkpantheress
Full Member
this makes sense, thanks!I think they do bc one of the students at a panel said they think sending another ref letter is what got her off the waitlist. I’d check the website though
Also at this point I would probably just wait until after decisions to send anything, I don’t think they’re making huge changes 1 week before release but what do I know
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Not to freak anybody out by my portal def looks different, like the "Your MD Application is complete and under review." moved over to the left (or I guess a line above where it was before?)
Is this normally a precursor to decisions coming out or something?Not to freak anybody out by my portal def looks different, like the "Your MD Application is complete and under review." moved over to the left (or I guess a line above where it was before?)
oatmilkplease
Full Member
No clue, did it change for you too?Is this normally a precursor to decisions coming out or something?
NYCandalsoChicago
Full Member
was it on the right beforeNot to freak anybody out by my portal def looks different, like the "Your MD Application is complete and under review." moved over to the left (or I guess a line above where it was before?)
oatmilkplease
Full Member
I believe it was on the same line as "Supplemental Application Status:", whereas now its one line above for mewas it on the right before
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Guys pls I can’t do this today lol [emoji29][emoji29][emoji29][emoji29][emoji29]🥲🥲[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
I think our decisions are in the portal and all they need to do is hit a button
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not the dean telling us during our interview day to not look at these little things on the portal lol she knows that people freaked out in previous years about small changes haha
Last edited:
garnmonster
Full Member
last year people were inspecting the source code of the website lmaoNot the dean telling us during our interview day to not look at these little things on the portal lol she know that people freaked out in previous years about small changes haha
I think our decisions are in the portal and all they need to do is hit a button
Imagine they actually release it today [emoji88]
last year people were inspecting the source code of the website lmao
Omg that’s crazy [emoji23]
oatmilkplease
Full Member
I'm ngl I tried this toolast year people were inspecting the source code of the website lmao
If it helps, we are supposed to get an email when there is an update to our portal haha
Until that email comes in though… I’m gonna be stressing
Until that email comes in though… I’m gonna be stressing
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Based on past years they're usually early. Stealing this from past years thread but
PITT DECISIONS
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am - 0 days early
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm - 2 days early
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm - 3 days early
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm - 1 day early
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am - 1 day early
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am - 6 days early
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm - 2 days early
2021 Feb 19 - Friday (I can't find time) 0 days early
2022 Jan 28 - 3 days early
2023 Feb 17 - 0 days early
last two i did myself and idk how the other people knew exact times lol
it is highly unlikely decisions will be released more than 3-4 days early. stop stressin and wait for the emails (coming from me who just stalked the past several years SDN thread)
PITT DECISIONS
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am - 0 days early
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm - 2 days early
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm - 3 days early
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm - 1 day early
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am - 1 day early
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am - 6 days early
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm - 2 days early
2021 Feb 19 - Friday (I can't find time) 0 days early
2022 Jan 28 - 3 days early
2023 Feb 17 - 0 days early
last two i did myself and idk how the other people knew exact times lol
it is highly unlikely decisions will be released more than 3-4 days early. stop stressin and wait for the emails (coming from me who just stalked the past several years SDN thread)
Based on past years they're usually early. Stealing this from past years thread but
PITT DECISIONS
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am - 0 days early
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm - 2 days early
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm - 3 days early
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm - 1 day early
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am - 1 day early
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am - 6 days early
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm - 2 days early
2021 Feb 19 - Friday (I can't find time) 0 days early
2022 Jan 28 - 3 days early
2023 Feb 17 - 0 days early
last two i did myself and idk how the other people knew exact times lol
it is highly unlikely decisions will be released more than 3-4 days early. stop stressin and wait for the emails (coming from me who just stalked the past several years SDN thread)
Looks like decisions have been released on a Friday for the last 3 years, wonder if it’ll be consistent this year
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Piggybacking off of this, here is some info regarding portal changes over the last couple of yearsBased on past years they're usually early. Stealing this from past years thread but
PITT DECISIONS
2014 Jan 31 - Friday - 8:18 am - 0 days early
2015 Jan 29 - Thursday - 2:27 pm - 2 days early
2016 Jan 28 - Thursday - 5:02 pm - 3 days early
2017 Jan 30 - Monday - 4:25 pm - 1 day early
2018 Jan 30 - Tuesday - 8:26 am - 1 day early
2019 Jan 25- Friday - 10:01 am - 6 days early
2020 Jan 29 - Wednesday - 1:44 pm - 2 days early
2021 Feb 19 - Friday (I can't find time) 0 days early
2022 Jan 28 - 3 days early
2023 Feb 17 - 0 days early
last two i did myself and idk how the other people knew exact times lol
it is highly unlikely decisions will be released more than 3-4 days early. stop stressin and wait for the emails (coming from me who just stalked the past several years SDN thread)
2016-2017
Portal change 1/27 --> Decision 1/30
2017-2018
Portal change 1/25 --> Decision 1/30
2018-2019
Portal change 1/24 --> Decision 1/25
2019-2020
Portal change 1/24 --> Decision 1/29
2020-2021
Portal change 2/18 --> Decision 2/19
2021-2022
Portal change 01/27 --> Decision 01/28
2022-2023
Portal change 2/01 --> Decision 2/17
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Piggybacking off of this, here is some info regarding portal changes over the last couple of years
2016-2017
Portal change 1/27 --> Decision 1/30
2017-2018
Portal change 1/25 --> Decision 1/30
2018-2019
Portal change 1/24 --> Decision 1/25
2019-2020
Portal change 1/24 --> Decision 1/29
2020-2021
Portal change 2/18 --> Decision 2/19
2021-2022
Portal change 01/20 --> Decision 01/28
2022-2023
Portal change 2/01 --> Decision 2/17
And do you check the portal every day?
do we know the decision change occurred as of today? I don’t regularly check mine so can’t speak on this
oatmilkplease
Full Member
I check it fairly frequently but I don't think I checked yesterday. So yeah its a rough estimateAnd do you check the portal every day?
do we know the decision change occurred as of today? I don’t regularly check mine so can’t speak on this
So there was a portal change?
oatmilkplease
Full Member
Yeah, its def different than what it was before and is in line with the change that people have reported in previous years. Do you see it?So there was a portal change?
Yeah, its def different than what it was before and is in line with the change that people have reported in previous years. Do you see it?
My computer literally started acting up today so idek [emoji88]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oatmilkplease
Full Member
This is what it looks like for me rn, whereas before these two lines were on the same line
always_hungry
Full Member
This is what it looks like for me rn, whereas before these two lines were on the same line
View attachment 382151
mine looks like that too
This is what it looks like for me rn, whereas before these two lines were on the same line
View attachment 382151
Ohhhh so the status is missing
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Ohhhh so the status is missing
It’s not missing, it’s the there but just one line above where it should be lol
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
I checked my status this morning and my status was to the right of "Supplemental Application Status." I just checked now and it has moved to being above the "Supplemental Application Status" so the change was def today and we might hear back this Friday...
shortvanilla
Full Member
hahahaha wait how does this mean that we will hear this friday? mine changed tooI checked my status this morning and my status was to the right of "Supplemental Application Status." I just checked now and it has moved to being above the "Supplemental Application Status" so the change was def today and we might hear back this Friday...
hahahaha wait how does this mean that we will hear this friday? mine changed too
Damn that would be crazy if we did. I thought portal changes happen like two days before or so
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
I'm just guessing bc decisions have come out on Fridays the past 3 years and the portal changes a few days before haha. No clue tho!hahahaha wait how does this mean that we will hear this friday? mine changed too
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Yes, some reported this exact change last year but I've also seen people in past threads claim that an extra line/space appeared in their status. I think the portal goes down after a change appears and then the decisions finally come out.Is the change of the status location the same change that happened the past few years?
NYCandalsoChicago
Full Member
AHHHH scary
shortvanilla
Full Member
Thanks guys. Now I feel like throwing up my lunch 😍😍
ilovepinkpantheress
Full Member
rip to your spa day if it actually comes out in 2 daysI’m simultaneously amazed by all your detective work but also incredibly stressed thinking about decisions coming out in two days
oatmilkplease
Full Member
I think it'll be 2/16 tbh since that's also a Friday and much closer to the date we're expecting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Yeah tbh watch it be 2/16 and we all just anticipate decisions and become paralyzed for the next 9 daysI think it'll be 2/16 tbh since that's also a Friday and much closer to the date we're expecting
I think it'll be 2/16 tbh since that's also a Friday and much closer to the date we're expecting
Yeah 2/16 is when they’re supposed to release it
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Pitt med insta keeps posting stories. Should I swipe up and ask them?