2023-2024 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah it’s definitely possible to get an acceptance if you’re not from the IE, you just have to show your commitment to this area. Just make sure to do as many pipelines as possible, as I’ve seen they pretty much only interview people who have done a couple of these (FPL, board or project leader for MMS, Free Clinic, MSP). Research w the SOM is preferred but not needed. Then of course some clinical and non clinical volunteering in the area. As long as you do these and have good essays, you have a pretty good shot of getting an interview at least
Have you heard of any UCR student who got an interview without doing pipeline programs? I might be screwed for EAP.
 
hi!! Do we have a sense of which application submission month they’re reviewing now? I think the latest I’ve seen was September? (gonna b posting on other threads too)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you heard of any UCR student who got an interview without doing pipeline programs? I might be screwed for EAP.
Unfortunately no, I was in your position last year and I decided to shoot my shot, didn’t get an interview. I wish EAP didn’t depend mainly on your affiliation to the pipelines and the SOM, but rather how mission fit you are.

My suggestion to you would be to wait till next year to apply to the EAP. The EAP application is basically the same as their normal application, just with a way shorter character limit on the PS.

It’ll allow you to get a head start on your PS, activity section, some secondaries, and getting your LORs for AMCAS. PLUS, if you get rejected from the EAP and you have an MCAT score, they’ll automatically put you in the general Haider Pool.

This is just my advice, and I wish it’s what I would’ve done.

Note you can apply to EAP your 3rd, 4th, and one year after you graduate.
 
does UCR wait to send out pre-interview rejections to everyone until like April or do they do it as they go along? asking because I have been complete since late Aug and its been radio silence 🙁
 
does UCR wait to send out pre-interview rejections to everyone until like April or do they do it as they go along? asking because I have been complete since late Aug and its been radio silence 🙁

last year i got my pre-II rejection around april and i was complete in early september. So idk it seems like they wait until all interviews are over to send out any rejections
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I hope this message isn't in poor taste but I am not sure exactly where else to ask this. Do any applicants or current students have any advice for choosing between CUSM and UCR? I have researched both schools, but would love to get some more input!
 
Also, in response to the comments above, I am an IE resident who was interviewed and admitted without completing any UCR SOM pipeline programs or research with the SOM. I was a part of FPL but I dropped out of it a few weeks in. For current and future applicants, I think as long as you can articulate and evidence your mission fit, you are golden. Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, in response to the comments above, I am an IE resident who was interviewed and admitted without completing any UCR SOM pipeline programs or research with the SOM. I was a part of FPL but I dropped out of it a few weeks in. For current and future applicants, I think as long as you can articulate and evidence your mission fit, you are golden. Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions.
Congrats! Separate discussion, did you attend UCR for undergrad?