2023-2024 UC Riverside

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Based on last year's thread on the secondary portal under status it will tell you if your app was reviewed. Is it the case this year? Mine only says "your application is ready".
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The portal doesn’t say that, you should get an email saying that your app was received and is under review. That email is your confirmation that you are complete
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know any EAP acceptance who was NOT from IE?
Yeah it’s definitely possible to get an acceptance if you’re not from the IE, you just have to show your commitment to this area. Just make sure to do as many pipelines as possible, as I’ve seen they pretty much only interview people who have done a couple of these (FPL, board or project leader for MMS, Free Clinic, MSP). Research w the SOM is preferred but not needed. Then of course some clinical and non clinical volunteering in the area. As long as you do these and have good essays, you have a pretty good shot of getting an interview at least
 
Yeah it’s definitely possible to get an acceptance if you’re not from the IE, you just have to show your commitment to this area. Just make sure to do as many pipelines as possible, as I’ve seen they pretty much only interview people who have done a couple of these (FPL, board or project leader for MMS, Free Clinic, MSP). Research w the SOM is preferred but not needed. Then of course some clinical and non clinical volunteering in the area. As long as you do these and have good essays, you have a pretty good shot of getting an interview at least
You can build a close connection to the dean of medicine like this because pre covid she hosted a lot of events at her home for pipeline leaders
 
If i haven't recieved an email from UCR about being under review but submitted my secondary in August should i reach out to them?
Try searching under review in your inbox. Mine was marked as spam at first
 
If i haven't recieved an email from UCR about being under review but submitted my secondary in August should i reach out to them?
Thought I didn't either, but it's cause I kept searching my inbox for "Riverside" instead of "UCR". Here's the email text:

1703108528169.png
 
Nothing yet! I was told decisions begin January 15th! @momo25, have you been accepted regular decision yet? Thanks!
Hey! No I havent been accepted regular decision yet, have you? I feel like I vaguely remember them saying we would find out at the same time about PRIME/Regular decision! Thank you!!
 
Hey! No I havent been accepted regular decision yet, have you? I feel like I vaguely remember them saying we would find out at the same time about PRIME/Regular decision! Thank you!!
Thank you! That’s good to know. Do you happen to be Haider as well?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad