You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For OOS, we have a separate essay for itI did, but i’m also OOS so maybe it is more important for OOSers. However I think as long as u expressed urself fully u should be good, whether u included it or not.
dishgoku9988
New Member
Does anyone know if UCSD’s secondary is due right at the 1-month deadline or do we have until the end of the day at 11:59pm? (e.g. secondary received 08/08, due at 09/08 12am or 09/08 11:59pm?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1143918
there's absolutely no chance they're checking that closely just get it in by the end of the dayDoes anyone know if UCSD’s secondary is due right at the 1-month deadline or do we have until the end of the day at 11:59pm? (e.g. secondary received 08/08, due at 09/08 12am or 09/08 11:59pm?)
Given that there is a hurricane coming in 12 hours, I am guessing that they are going to give you some leeway lol.there's absolutely no chance they're checking that closely just get it in by the end of the day
dishgoku9988
New Member
That's what I'm hoping but I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be locked out of the portal or something lolthere's absolutely no chance they're checking that closely just get it in by the end I
It could also be automatic. Not that hard to program a deadline to close the portal for an applicant.there's absolutely no chance they're checking that closely just get it in by the end of the day
brazzimamma
Full Member
I think I saw this happening to someone else in another school forum who got the times confused. I'd turn it in earlier and assume the strictest of deadlines if this school is important to you.It could also be automatic. Not that hard to program a deadline to close the portal for an applicant.
I submitted it the day of (for example, received 7/1 due 8/1, I submitted 8/1 at like 8PM). It didn't lock and I immediately got the confirmation email that it was submitted and in the queue for review, but can't say anything beyond that!That's what I'm hoping but I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be locked out of the portal or something lol
IS secondary received, Irvine is now the only UC I’m waiting on
congrats! may I know when you were verified?IS secondary received, Irvine is now the only UC I’m waiting on
6/5!congrats! may I know when you were verified?
wow they taking their time, im IS too and radio silent still6/5!
Anyone OOS get an II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1005927
Sorry, totally misread it. I did not get an II.Anyone OOS get an II yet?
As far as I know, there have yet to be any II's yet IS or OOSAnyone OOS get an II yet?
Man, i can't read. I thought those were II invites lol.
I get vibes you also love this school as much as I love this school 🤣🤣🤣Man, i can't read. I thought those were II invites lol.
Definitely. One of my top schoolsI get vibes you also love this school as much as I love this school 🤣🤣🤣
Has anyone verified in August received a secondary yet?
myaccount123
Full Member
Omg in-state II just now!!!!!! submitted my secondary 7/25
Stats?Omg in-state II just now!!!!!! submitted my secondary 7/25
myaccount123
Full Member
My LM score is around 74Stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was verified 8/12 received secondary 8/22, ISHas anyone verified in August received a secondary yet?
InNeedOfHope
Full Member
OOS II!!! Submitted 7/20
Any ties?
brazzimamma
Full Member
sameeeeeIS secondary received, Irvine is now the only UC I’m waiting on
Any IS still not received a secondary?
Post in WAMC on here. You have a strong profile and that MCAT won't hold you back from most MD. The only concern is that some schools screen for a CARS score below 125, so you would have to check the schools you are applying to don't do that.i just received my score and got a 510 (127/123/129/131). i am a retaker and got a 496 first time. what forum can i post about applying this cycle still? ucsd is my number 1 and i really need advice on what to do bc of my low cars score.
i have a BS in bio (3.9 GPA) and MPH with epidemiology concentration (4.0 GPA). Lots of research and clinical experience (over 12,000 hours combined), both paid and unpaid. 2 pubs, 2 more in process. No shadowing [doing it during my gap year(s)].
Either on MSAR or the schools website!!how do you know which schools are subscore screening?
whatsupdoc28
Full Member
For those who answered these 2 questions:
Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 characters)
Please describe how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community? (4800 characters)
Did you actually use up all 4800 characters?? Idk if I have enough content without fluffing it up too much.
Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 characters)
Please describe how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community? (4800 characters)
Did you actually use up all 4800 characters?? Idk if I have enough content without fluffing it up too much.
I didn't respond to the first question, but for the second question I only wrote about 2500 characters and I got an II last week! Hope my single data point helps a little 🙂For those who answered these 2 questions:
Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 characters)
Please describe how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community? (4800 characters)
Did you actually use up all 4800 characters?? Idk if I have enough content without fluffing it up too much.
I used around 3,000. No use in being verbose if you’ve made your points.For those who answered these 2 questions:
Please describe your interest in the PRIME-HEq program. Topics to include are longitudinal experiences that you’ve had with underserved communities, including the type of community that you’ve worked with and your level of involvement. Additionally, you should discuss the length of time that you’ve spent working in these communities. (4800 characters)
Please describe how educational disparity, health disparity and/or marginalization has impacted you and your community? (4800 characters)
Did you actually use up all 4800 characters?? Idk if I have enough content without fluffing it up too much.
Ummmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????
Same here! I’m pissed bc I thought it was an IIUmmmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????
Same here! I’m pissed bc I thought it was an II
+1
Ummmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????
Same, complete 8/13. I got excited for a second there thinking it was an II
seashepherd2223
New Member
+1, so annoying must be a system error or something. Submitted/complete 7/23Ummmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????
+1, submitted on 8/7Same here! I’m pissed bc I thought it was an II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The email says dear PREFERRED FIRST NAME, thanks 🙂
Got this too. Was so confused. Complete 7/30
I also got this. Wonder if they sent it to literally everyone--did anyone who has received a II gotten one?Ummmm I just got an AMCAS application received email from UCSD and I submitted my secondary 8/3 and my primary was verified 6/1????????
Anonymousapplicant33
Full Member
I'm foolishly hoping that they meant to send us IIs and somehow clicked the wrong email to send us lolI also got this. Wonder if they sent it to literally everyone--did anyone who has received a II gotten one?