2023-2024 Uniformed Services (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an A (Navy) off the waitlist, but have decided to withdraw. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
Thank you for serving your country by opening up a Navy spot for us lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just got my post-II rejection (3/21) via email. I interviewed 1/22. Good luck to the rest of you. Ima go crawl into my safe space.
Admissions will likely give you feedback on your application if you ask for it! If you plan to reapply next cycle, this is an excellent idea.

Reactions: 1 user
If i get an acceptance within the next 2 weeks, I will buy every acceptance in this thread's breakfast on the day of orientation (yes I will pay for all of it) at the USU cafe or at any cafe/coffee shop on base at NSA Bethesda (I am desperate and want to go to USUHS this year).

Mark my words.... Hold me accountable...

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If i get an acceptance within the next 2 weeks, I will buy every acceptance in this thread's breakfast on the day of orientation (yes I will pay for all of it) at the USU cafe or at any cafe/coffee shop on base at NSA Bethesda (I am desperate and want to go to USUHS this year).

Mark my words.... Hold me accountable...

Dang, I want free breakfast XD I hope they take me off the waitlist

Got W (11/22) --> Conditional A (3/20) --> Unconditional A (3/29)!
Is there any student gc?

Waitlisted as of this morning (4/3). More waiting to do...

Does anyone know when there is lots of movement on the waitlist in April?

Hey all. I'm and MS1 here. If anyone has any questions about the school (the school, the culture, the application process, being new to the military) let me know. It's a cool journey and everything from DCC to orientation and starting school has been a new and interesting experience.
I have a question(s) about their application process. There is a chance I will dropping an application in late July
Hey all. I'm and MS1 here. If anyone has any questions about the school (the school, the culture, the application process, being new to the military) let me know. It's a cool journey and everything from DCC to orientation and starting school has been a new and interesting experience.
Hey! I will be applying to USUHS, my dream school, this cycle. What are your thoughts on applying late? My MCAT was just below the minimum. I didn't study at ALL. However, I am taking another in June and won't receive my score till July 27th. Should I apply June 1st just so my name is out there, or should I just wait till my app has an acceptable MCAT?

It may help that I am former enlisted, have great LORs (from military, too), and good essays. Thank you for any advice :)

I have a question(s) about their application process. There is a chance I will dropping an application in late July

Hey! I will be applying to USUHS, my dream school, this cycle. What are your thoughts on applying late? My MCAT was just below the minimum. I didn't study at ALL. However, I am taking another in June and won't receive my score till July 27th. Should I apply June 1st just so my name is out there, or should I just wait till my app has an acceptable MCAT?

It may help that I am former enlisted, have great LORs (from military, too), and good essays. Thank you for any advice :)
Did you say below the MINIMUM (as in, 497 and lower) or below the AVERAGE (511 for matriculants, 512 for applicants). Huge difference. If you are below the minimum cutoff they will not consider your application. However, if you are below the average, you will have a very strong chance. The sooner you apply, the better.

Make sure you get a head start on your conditional release/Letter of Approval because PERS is taking longer than usual for a turnaround and put me behind by about 2 months from my original trajectory.

Did you say below the MINIMUM (as in, 497 and lower) or below the AVERAGE (511 for matriculants, 512 for applicants). Huge difference. If you are below the minimum cutoff they will not consider your application. However, if you are below the average, you will have a very strong chance. The sooner you apply, the better.

Make sure you get a head start on your conditional release/Letter of Approval because PERS is taking longer than usual for a turnaround and put me behind by about 2 months from my original trajectory.
Thank you for the reply. I score below the absolute MINIMUM (scored 492) without really studying. I admit, I shot myself in the foot. However, I am confident I will easily break 500 come late June...its what I've gotten on my last two full length practice exams and I'm only going to continue refining my test taking skills. Given your advice it sounds like I shouldn't bother dropping my application until my MCAT is more competitive. By then, it will be 'late.' I've been trying to find 'late' application approval success stories to make myself feel better, lol. Would getting contact with adcoms help my case? Say, make myself known so they can place me on some sort of 'hold' in awaiting my new score?

To touch on your last point, I'm not currently enlisted. I discharged 3 years ago to commit fully to being a premed, with the ultimate aim to come back as a doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my Air Force acceptance. Best wishes to everyone matriculating at USUHS this year!

• Love
Withdrew my Air Force acceptance. Best wishes to everyone matriculating at USUHS this year!
If you don't mind me asking, does this free up seats for those waiting a potential acceptance? Is it common for people to withdraw during this period of the season? Thank you, and best wishes.

If you don't mind me asking, does this free up seats for those waiting a potential acceptance? Is it common for people to withdraw during this period of the season? Thank you, and best wishes.
yes this frees up a seat for someone else. USUHS is interesting in its waitlist process because per the law, set by congress, they can only have 170 (i think this is the right number) of people accepted at any given time. Right now there are 170 people with acceptances, some have accepted, some have not, regardless there are 170. when one withdraws they give that acceptance to another person so they maintain their 170 accepted students. Civilian medical schools dont have to adhere to this, which is why civilian medical schools will accept far more people than they have seats, because they know people will be dropping, think of it like overbooking hotels or airplanes, it is a common practice. but due to laws and regulations since USUHS is a military institution, they aren't allowed to "overbook".

this period of the season is when people will be withdrawing, you will probably see the most movement come May, when you can only hold onto one acceptance

i hope this helps

Thank you for the reply. I score below the absolute MINIMUM (scored 492) without really studying. I admit, I shot myself in the foot. However, I am confident I will easily break 500 come late June...its what I've gotten on my last two full length practice exams and I'm only going to continue refining my test taking skills. Given your advice it sounds like I shouldn't bother dropping my application until my MCAT is more competitive. By then, it will be 'late.' I've been trying to find 'late' application approval success stories to make myself feel better, lol. Would getting contact with adcoms help my case? Say, make myself known so they can place me on some sort of 'hold' in awaiting my new score?

To touch on your last point, I'm not currently enlisted. I discharged 3 years ago to commit fully to being a premed, with the ultimate aim to come back as a doctor.
Deadline for USUHS AMCAS is technically Nov 1st. I’d write and be ready to submit your app the day you get your scores back in July/August. Find the secondary prompts online and prewrite those, you’ll have your full app submitted by August, which isn’t really “late” by any account. I retook an MCAT in Sept and my file didn’t get looked at until Oct. (I did have a qualifying MCAT before so they had sent me secondaries) got off the waitlist late April last year.

AMCAS will notify schools that you have an upcoming MCAT scheduled, so you could submit when it opens in May, but I wouldn’t expect secondaries until your new score comes in. (you could also risk schools hard rejecting you before you get your new score based on your old one; I imagine they all have automated stat screeners that cull the sub-499s). Either way, you won’t be THAT behind the curve if your AMCAS is in in july/august. DM me if you got more questions.

Hi, I received my unconditional acceptance 4/5 for army and was wondering if could be added to the class group chat! Thanks!

Hi, I received my unconditional acceptance 4/5 for army and was wondering if could be added to the class group chat! Thanks!
Congrats! Do you mind me asking if you were pulled off the WL or accepted directly?

Do people typically bring additional guests to second look? I know they allow it but not sure if it's the norm.

Do people typically bring additional guests to second look? I know they allow it but not sure if it's the norm.
Agreed with DoctorRK. I imagine it's pretty similar to the post-interview visit, and I remember most folks brought their parent(s) and/or spouses to that event.

Just got the unconditional A! Was waitlisted 2/8 and conditional A 4/9.

Reactions: 2 users
Conditional acceptance today 4/15 (Air Force). Interviewed 11/27, WL 2/22. I was wondering if could be added to the accepted students group chat. Thanks!

Conditional acceptance (Army!!) wondering if I could also get added to the accepted students group chat please!
Thanks and Congrats to everyone!

Conditional acceptance (Army!!) wondering if I could also get added to the accepted students group chat please!
Thanks and Congrats to everyone!
Congrats, do you mind sharing when you interviewed and/or were WL?

Congrats, do you mind sharing when you interviewed and/or were WL?
Of course, I interviewed week of 9/11 but my acceptance was held up by my conditional release. I was waitlisted until I got the call on 04/11.

Of course, I interviewed week of 9/11 but my acceptance was held up by my conditional release. I was waitlisted until I got the call on 04/11.
Thank you ! I've been trying to follow when people have been pulled off the WL based on when they interviewed and were WL to see if anyone around my timeline has heard anything yet. Congrats again!

My interviews were during the last week of November. After getting the conditional release and age waiver approved, I was waitlisted 29 Feb and got the conditional acceptance today for Air Force.

Suffering from the waiting for an Acceptance rn (Navy).

Air Force acceptance this morning. Extremely grateful and best of luck to the other people waiting anxiously on the waitlist!

also if someone could add me to the group chat that would be appreciated! Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Air Force acceptance this morning. Extremely grateful and best of luck to the other people waiting anxiously on the waitlist!

also if someone could add me to the group chat that would be appreciated! Thank you in advance :)
Congratulations!! Was it a phone call or email? May I also ask if you were on the WL beforehand?

Another day, another week, another painful round of waiting.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the acceptance call from Mrs. Stearman. Hell of a journey but we made it

Army applicant. Interview invite 11/13, Interview week of 12/13, Waitlisted 3/14, Accepted today 4/22

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all. I was curious if anyone who received an acceptance after being on the waitlist got an email beforehand saying they were fully medically and physically qualified.

I know this is a requirement to obtain an unconditional offer but wondering if it means anything more. The waitlist has me looking into every little detail now :rofl:

Just got the acceptance call from Mrs. Stearman. Hell of a journey but we made it

Army applicant. Interview invite 11/13, Interview week of 12/13, Waitlisted 3/14, Accepted today 4/22
Congrats! Fellow Army applicant here and currently on the WL...did they provide you (or any other accepted Army applicant) dates for DCC?

Hello all. I was curious if anyone who received an acceptance after being on the waitlist got an email beforehand saying they were fully medically and physically qualified.

I know this is a requirement to obtain an unconditional offer but wondering if it means anything more. The waitlist has me looking into every little detail now :rofl:
Check DODMERBS and see if your status has changed to physically qualified. If this hasn't been updated, then I would check with your admissions advisor tbh. They aren't very clear on the qualifications of a waitlist applicant, based off the guidelines they provide.

Is anyone else in the same boat where they are commissioning out of ROTC this spring and have a timeline of needing to be accepted or they will be sent to a different job in their branch? I only have until May 3 to commit to a medical school or I will be sent to training for a different AFSC. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation

Is anyone else in the same boat where they are commissioning out of ROTC this spring and have a timeline of needing to be accepted or they will be sent to a different job in their branch? I only have until May 3 to commit to a medical school or I will be sent to training for a different AFSC. Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation
Do you have an approved educational delay? Army or another service?
ETA: sorry don't know about AF. Army would commission you branch unassigned out of ROTC and wait until the application cycle ends to assign a new AOC if not accepted to a med school.

Last edited:
let-me-in.jpg

Me staring at my email waiting for USUHS to send me an A and take me out of waitlist purgatory

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users