2023-2024 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II off the II waitlist, guess this was our day!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
IS II today as well! I was complete on 9/12. Subsequent dead silence left me assuming they'd just lost my application.

Have any calls gone out to people who interviewed in early December?

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received yesterday (1/5) after completing secondary on 11/20. LM: 73.5

Reactions: 1 users
Any idea when waitlisted decisions will be mailed out after MMI ?

Thoughts and feelings on the group portion of the interview? How should I prepare for that and what should I expect?

Hypothetically, if I had a late season interview sometime in march, how soon should I expect a decision? IS II received 1/5.

Hypothetically, if I had a late season interview sometime in march, how soon should I expect a decision? IS II received 1/5.
They'll tell you when you'll hear by. Interviewed mid December and they said by valentines day.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are the group interviews like? can anyone give any advice plz

what are the group interviews like? can anyone give any advice plz
It was super relaxed! I had mine today. Our facilitator was a med student and I was in a group of 3. They present I think about 3 cases and you discuss them. Our facilitator said there is no right or wrong answer but they want to see your thought process. Practice a lot of ethical questions and working through them.

Hello! For anyone who has interviewed, do you have to go to all of the zoom sessions on Friday? Do most people go? I am trying to figure out how much time to take off of work....

Hello! For anyone who has interviewed, do you have to go to all of the zoom sessions on Friday? Do most people go? I am trying to figure out how much time to take off of work....
Only the group interview is required, but if you have time, the wrap-up is kind of nice to hear what to expect.

For those who have interviewed, how were they? Is it more of a "stress test" type interview or is it more relaxed?

Thanks!

For those who have interviewed, how were they? Is it more of a "stress test" type interview or is it more relaxed?

Thanks!
The faculty interview depends on the interviewer, but I don’t think they try to stress you out intentionally. I didn’t think it was awful by any means. The group interview is much more relaxed and the students interviewing us were super chill.

I agree. My interviewer was very familiar with my application and it was a very chill experience. Milage varies though.

OOS A earlier this morning :) Still in a lot of shock, this is my first A of the cycle. Interviewed 12/13 with a LM of 69!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Thanks!
The faculty interview was very relaxed. My interviewer was extremely familiar with my application and asked me specific questions on my experiences or just other very common situational questions. I have had some other schools pull stress tests and ask difficult questions, but this was not the case for this interview. The group interview is also very chill and I appreciated the time for Q&A at the end. To prep for the group interview, I would echo what others have been saying; practice some standard MMI questions and just be a decent person that can effectively communicate in a group setting. You'll do great :)

Any idea when they will release the waitlist results?

If we interviewed mid-December, do you guys think we could still get the A or should we just expect a WL/R now?

If we interviewed mid-December, do you guys think we could still get the A or should we just expect a WL/R now?
They said hear by Valentine's Day, Im sure some of Us are still in the running.

I have a faculty interview scheduled in a little over a week. I have a time and the zoom link but it does not mention the name of interviewer. Do we know the name of our interviewer in advance or is that kept hidden until the interview?

I have a faculty interview scheduled in a little over a week. I have a time and the zoom link but it does not mention the name of interviewer. Do we know the name of our interviewer in advance or is that kept hidden until the interview?
You don’t know until you join the Zoom meeting

Is the curriculum and student life session also business professional? Or is that with the students and more casual?

Is the curriculum and student life session also business professional? Or is that with the students and more casual
I would recommend business professional, there were some students who were casual but I would say half or more were wearing a suit, blazer, or at least a blouse. The dean was present for it but I also think it isn't super important of an event or that it affects your application if you dress casual. The events that were super casual were the current student Q&A and the OMA event.

OOS WL interviewed 12/4
Do they do any post-II R's? Is this essentially a soft R?

OOS WL interviewed 12/4
Do they do any post-II R's? Is this essentially a soft R?
Seems like there was good WL movement last year so hope is not lost. Just wish I knew where we stood in the waitlist currently.

could anyone accepted or with an II share roughly their numbers and type of nonclinical volunteering? I know there's many other aspects to the application all together but I'm really just curious about this school and what kind of nonclinical work they value

They're still interviewing, so WL ranking (I think they still do this) and any wait list movement will not happen until after interviews are over

Reactions: 4 users
Hey y'all, have my interview coming up, and really nervous about the faculty interview, practicing MMIs for the group activity, and reading a ton of Reddit posts on what to do and what not to do. Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey y'all, have my interview coming up, and really nervous about the faculty interview, practicing MMIs for the group activity, and reading a ton of Reddit posts on what to do and what not to do. Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
The faculty interview was very relaxed and just focused on my experiences. The group activity was also very low stress. There was plenty of time to formulate a response.

When is the best time to submit a letter of intent? Does the timing matter? How does Wisconsin value the letter of intents?

When is the best time to submit a letter of intent? Does the timing matter? How does Wisconsin value the letter of intents?
Wisconsin’s committee does not accept any additional documents following the interview according to their FAQ page.

• Okay...