2023-2024 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is the best time to submit a letter of intent? Does the timing matter? How does Wisconsin value the letter of intents?
Sorry, I meant to respond to this. During the interview wrap up, they said they do not take any application updates or letters of intent at any point. Due to how they grade candidates, they think update letters or letters of intent don't have a place in their decision system. However, you do have a time to update your application with your faculty interviewer at the end of the interview.
That was my understanding but if anyone else took more concrete notes on this, feel free to correct me. But I distinctly remember one of the admins saying that as much she she enjoys reading them, she can't do anything with them.
 
I have a faculty interview scheduled in a little over a week. I have a time and the zoom link but it does not mention the name of interviewer. Do we know the name of our interviewer in advance or is that kept hidden until the interview?
Please let us know if they update you on a decision timeline for those of us interviewing in the next few weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please let us know if they update you on a decision timeline for those of us interviewing in the next few weeks.
They told me decision timeline is 6-8 weeks and acceptances will get phone calls if they have the staff available. Everyone will get an email by end of the day they are accepted
 
Unfortunately, I could not make it to the Wednesday 'Curriculum and Student Life Q&A' Session. Does anyone know if this is recorded and will be sent to us?
 
Sorry, I meant to respond to this. During the interview wrap up, they said they do not take any application updates or letters of intent at any point. Due to how they grade candidates, they think update letters or letters of intent don't have a place in their decision system. However, you do have a time to update your application with your faculty interviewer at the end of the interview.
That was my understanding but if anyone else took more concrete notes on this, feel free to correct me. But I distinctly remember one of the admins saying that as much she she enjoys reading them, she can't do anything with them.
ok thanks - I guess hold tight and wait now.
 
I was placed on interview waitlist on 12/6, and the email said latest I'd hear back is end of January. Do i take this as a silent R, considering I have yet to hear anything? feeling super anxious about this and wish I had a clear answer ...🙁
 
I was placed on interview waitlist on 12/6, and the email said latest I'd hear back is end of January. Do i take this as a silent R, considering I have yet to hear anything? feeling super anxious about this and wish I had a clear answer ...🙁
From what I remember the letters only come out in April
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing here soon- what should I expect from the small group interview (2 current students, 4 applicants)? Is it another type of interview or something different? Thank you
 
does anyone know how stats are viewed post-interview? I saw a couple of people say that they're not taken into consideration post-interview when scoring applicants but don't know how accurate that is
 
does anyone know how stats are viewed post-interview? I saw a couple of people say that they're not taken into consideration post-interview when scoring applicants but don't know how accurate that is
from what I understand, everything in your app - from grades to interviews is converted into a point system and you're ranked based on the total amount of points you have compared to others. That's what I took away from what they said during the interview day.
 
from what I understand, everything in your app - from grades to interviews is converted into a point system and you're ranked based on the total amount of points you have compared to others. That's what I took away from what they said during the interview day.
Do you know if the non-interview parts of the score are all calculated pre-interview, or do they review parts of your app post interview as well? In other words, do they just plug in the interview score and accept/reject based on that or do put the whole score together post-II?
 
Does anyone know if a one-semester Introduction to Biochemistry course is sufficient for UWSMPH's coursework requirements? Or do we have to complete Biochemistry 1 and 2?
 
Do you know if the non-interview parts of the score are all calculated pre-interview, or do they review parts of your app post interview as well? In other words, do they just plug in the interview score and accept/reject based on that or do put the whole score together post-II?
I can't recall if it was this school but I recall someone telling me they have 3 people read over your app and score it -- the highest scorer will present you to the rest of the committee who all score it individually. Your score is the average of this committee's score excluding the highest and lowest evaluation.
 
from what I understand, everything in your app - from grades to interviews is converted into a point system and you're ranked based on the total amount of points you have compared to others. That's what I took away from what they said during the interview day.
There is FB. If you haven't already, you should be receiving an email about it soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I know this school doesn't accept updates, but I was wondering about the general thoughts for sending a thank you letter to the interviewer specifically? Is it okay to do so or do they prefer that you don't?
 
Are you ever able to see who your interviewers are before your interview? I've been looking and I can't seem to find anything online... I tried looking back thru this thread and couldn't figure it out
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad