2023-2024 Wisconsin

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got a call today but missed it 🙁 they left me a message and won’t pick up now. Hopefully (optimistically) it’s an A! Interviewed early November
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, those of you who got the call yesterday, what did they say about next steps? I was in shock and I literally blanked out after I heard I got accepted lmao. Will we get an email and when can we accept our offer in the portal?
 
They said to check the portal to accept the offer but I'm not seeing anything like that in the portal so far. Anyone else have any luck?
Hey guys, those of you who got the call yesterday, what did they say about next steps? I was in shock and I literally blanked out after I heard I got accepted lmao. Will we get an email and when can we accept our offer in the portal?
 
OOS A phone call received a little bit ago. Does anyone know when the portal will update for us to accept the offer?
 
OOS A phone call received a little bit ago. Does anyone know when the portal will update for us to accept the offer?

just called the admissions office about this (also blacked out after they offered the A lol). the staff member said they’re working on it ASAP and we should be able to accept our offer latest by Friday night. also no snail mail!
 
IS waitlist for II...grateful, but not sure how to feel about this! hoping it's not a soft R!! 😵
It really depends on the year. Some years they do not accept anyone of the wait list, some years they go pretty deep into it. I know this is not much comfort, but it is a waiting game at this point
 
It really depends on the year. Some years they do not accept anyone of the wait list, some years they go pretty deep into it. I know this is not much comfort, but it is a waiting game at this point
Are you talking pre-II or post-II waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is all we do just sign and date the offer response tab? Or is there something else we need to do on AMCAS like the commit to enroll thing.. also is that binding?
 
I just got an email saying I'm on the Waitlist, despite getting a phone call a few days ago saying that I was accepted?

EDIT: I called the admissions office and they said it was an error and I should be getting the corrected email shortly LOL
oh no 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an email saying I'm on the Waitlist, despite getting a phone call a few days ago saying that I was accepted?

EDIT: I called the admissions office and they said it was an error and I should be getting the corrected email shortly LOL
So glad you called and heard good news, can't imagine 😳.
Is all we do just sign and date the offer response tab? Or is there something else we need to do on AMCAS like the commit to enroll thing.. also is that binding?
AMCAS commit to enroll isn't until the Spring! Just the offer acceptance signature is all we do for now.
 
Anyone know when is the last month for interviews this cycle? I was completed late September (IS) and have not heard back. Taking it as a soft R but I'm still hoping.
 
Anyone know when is the last month for interviews this cycle? I was completed late September (IS) and have not heard back. Taking it as a soft R but I'm still hoping.
Don't know when interviews end but when I called the admissions office they said that basically once your application gets scored, you either get a II, get rejected, or go on the II waitlist (which means you were in between the interview and reject thresholds and outcome will depend on applications that have yet to be read). To me that made it seem like there are no soft/silent Rs and if you haven't heard back yet they either haven't finished scoring your app yet or you are about to hear. No inside info though, this is just what I was told on the phone
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad