2024-2025 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on the mistake. Inputting an incorrect prerequisite is negligible. Copy and pasting the wrong essay response would have a noticeable impact. After all, if they said they give you the chance to correct the prerequisite if invited for an interview, I'm going to stick with 0 impact because that's really nothing to showcase your qualities or story, especially since I'm betting a good chunk of applicants probably do that every year.
Clearly you are the expert (despite any connection to uci) and what you say is absolutely correct… /s
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I do community service through school clubs/organizations, does that go in the community or school activities section?
 
If I do community service through school clubs/organizations, does that go in the community or school activities section?
use your best judgement. I saved school activities for being a resident assistant / elected rep / work within the school system itself. Community I used when it was an impactful service opportunity to my local community or a specific patient population
 
make sure to put this quote in your secondaries. Instant II invite
Dr House was a great doctor. Quoting him is an instant II. Too bad I submitted my secondaries to UCI already. Now I wish they waited before sending me one.

Jokes aside, there is some truth to that statement since pathology is considered the happiest specialty.
 
Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community.

For this question, I am part of a marginalized group that has been negatively affected in education and healthcare but, fortunately, do not have much negative personal experience. Can I still answer yes to the first question and then explain the impact on others close to me/in my community?
 
Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community.

For this question, I am part of a marginalized group that has been negatively affected in education and healthcare but, fortunately, do not have much negative personal experience. Can I still answer yes to the first question and then explain the impact on others close to me/in my community?
You probably aren't aware of it unless you compare your situation to affluent groups or have some public health or social work background. That's what's annoying about these questions. Can't answer a question that requires some expertise which you have no background in. Most of us are biology/biochem majors.
 
Last edited:
For the questions asking: By December 2024, how many total research hours will you estimate to have had (include university-based research, lab assistant, clinical research*, preparing manuscript, etc.) does this include ALL research hours, not just the ones that we listed on the secondary app?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the questions asking: By December 2024, how many total research hours will you estimate to have had (include university-based research, lab assistant, clinical research*, preparing manuscript, etc.) does this include ALL research hours, not just the ones that we listed on the secondary app?
All total.
 
Do you guys think it's okay if I put a conference podium presentation in the activities section? It was only for one day and not a longitudinal experience so I am not sure... I also put my research experience in the activities which led to this presentation
 
Did you guys use the converted semester hours from your verified app as the units for the prereqs? Or the actual units directly from the school transcript
 
Oh gosh, I used the AMCAS semester hours. Do you think I need to email them?
I don't think it's that big of a deal since they'll ask for clarification if you get an interview anyways, you could def email if you don't want to stress over it until then tho! they got back to me in a day or two
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Random question but for the activities section, currently my main clinical experience has come from volunteering which I'm still doing; however, I'm currently looking for clinical jobs so might end up dropping the volunteering if it conflicts with work.

Should I just put "present" for the anyways for the end date? For the total amount of hours I would include anticipated?
 
Random question but for the activities section, currently my main clinical experience has come from volunteering which I'm still doing; however, I'm currently looking for clinical jobs so might end up dropping the volunteering if it conflicts with work.

Should I just put "present" for the anyways for the end date? For the total amount of hours I would include anticipated?
I would say to put 'present' and only put down completed hours for now, and maybe send an update letter if you end up switching to a clinical job. And you can include more hours in the letter
 
any one that’s IS still not receive a secondary?
1722870221782.png
 
Does the interview icons show up on everybody's end? I feel like maybe I didn't see this before and now my heart is racing.

1723496463927.png
 
My application is complete but my pre req status isn't checked off. Is it because i am taking my upper div bio class this semester?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad