You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Irvine
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
From what I understand, all UCs are holistic but UCI is one of the less holistic / more stat-focused comparatively.Do you guys think that UC Irvine is holistic or more stats-heavy compared to the other UCs
I didn't get an II, but I got this email instead.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedwhoopss
Full Member
does everyone else have interview status, interview date, and admission status with red exclamations on their status page?
carneasdasd
Full Member
Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is for OOS applicants?
medschoolapplicant2025
Full Member
OOS II LM 77! Is anyone else having trouble scheduling an interview? I have scrolled through the calendar, but I don't see any available dates...
Nice to see that they're maybe really kicking into gear. Hopefully I'll hear from them soon - just want to know either way.
zeyaatin
Full Member
OOS II LM 77! Is anyone else having trouble scheduling an interview? I have scrolled through the calendar, but I don't see any available dates...
I saw a single date available when I first signed in, but none now. Didn’t have a chance to sign up for the date. I messaged them through the portal to ask about it!
randomusername614
Full Member
ME! It's not workingOOS II LM 77! Is anyone else having trouble scheduling an interview? I have scrolled through the calendar, but I don't see any available dates...
randomusername614
Full Member
a
anything yet?I saw a single date available when I first signed in, but none now. Didn’t have a chance to sign up for the date. I messaged them through the portal to ask about it!
zeyaatin
Full Member
a
anything yet?
Not yet. I’ll update y’all as soon as I hear back
randomusername614
Full Member
You the best thank you!!Not yet. I’ll update y’all as soon as I hear back
zeyaatin
Full Member
You the best thank you!!
Check again! They should be updated. They got back to me late in the evening [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jrlybob1
Full Member
Check again! They should be updated. They got back to me late in the evening [emoji24]
just curious what dates did they add?
medschoolapplicant2025
Full Member
9/23 was the only date I could see.just curious what dates did they add?
zeyaatin
Full Member
9/23 was the only date I could see.
same here
youmatter:)
Full Member
Does anyone know if I’m still able to submit a letter of rec after my deadline for secondary has passed?
You do it via AMCAS and yes.Does anyone know if I’m still able to submit a letter of rec after my deadline for secondary has passed?
findingdory
Full Member
Anyone who has taken the KIRA assessment able to touch up on the difficulties of the questions?
randomusername614
Full Member
Ya I'm confused what to expect with this. are they MMI?Anyone who has taken the KIRA assessment able to touch up on the difficulties of the questions?
Possibly but too early to tell for certain. I have the same score and did not receive one last year.
Are you IS or OOS?Am I cooked if I have not received a secondary yet? Primary verified 7/26 and I got a secondary from every other UC. LM 69
I’m IS and submitted my primary the first day and have yet to receive a secondary. LM 72.Am I cooked if I have not received a secondary yet? Primary verified 7/26 and I got a secondary from every other UC. LM 69
Not sure if i’ll get one tho cause i got a 122 on CARS. might have not made the cutoff
ISAre you IS or OOS?
Just focus on what you can control. Don't focus on what you can't. I got instant secondaries from all UCs but not UCSF, which I'm still waiting on. So the process is different for each school.Am I cooked if I have not received a secondary yet? Primary verified 7/26 and I got a secondary from every other UC. LM 69
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
findingdory
Full Member
Me!Did anyone else not get an interview day Agenda yet for this Thursday's interview? It says it should've been available starting today.
findingdory
Full Member
Does anyone know how long the interviews are?
Either they didn't give out a lot of IIs this time or they're going to release a big wave this week.+1 II !
Looking forward to getting the II.the interview was so relaxing and fun [emoji24] i love the students here
carneasdasd
Full Member
Does anyone know when UCI will start sending out decisions this year?
findingdory
Full Member
Agreed! Everyone was super friendly and the vibes were so chill and relaxing.the interview was so relaxing and fun [emoji24] i love the students here
I'm fairly certain that the interview is done concurrently. The interview page mentions a PRIME interview after the regular one.Mine was also for PRIME! Do you know if the interviews are also for the regular MD? I know they said you have to be accepted to Irvine first. Does this mean we’re still waiting on an interview from MD? or does the PRIME Interview include the MD interview too?
past years they sent out anytime from oct 23 - dec 3. Only the admissions gods know lolDoes anyone know when UCI will start sending out decisions this year?
FIRST IN STATE II LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO I miss you California. regular MD, complete mid July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First II of the cycle! IS LM 74
alhazenmanawi
Full Member
II! IS LM 77, 7/20 submit.
jrlybob1
Full Member
Hey guys, anyone who's interviewed so far how long was it i.e. whole day or just slots throughout the day?
group session was 8-11, interviews can be anytime even as late as 5 pm
Congrats! Did you get it just now or earlier today? I always wonder whether schools continue to send them out in waves during interview invitation days.II IS, 7/22 submit. December 5th was the only option??? Seems late so I emailed them but it's my first one so, lots of pressure off.