You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Ohio State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! Did you upload it under Supplemental Documents on vitals?+1 OOS A! was also deferred last week hahaha. I did send an update letter a few days ago; no idea how much it helped
shortienova
Full Member
Thank you! I emailed it to them since that's what someone said they did last year 🙂Congrats!! Did you upload it under Supplemental Documents on vitals?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meowmedical
New Member
Is vitals down for anyone else? also for those who have heard back after interviewing, did you get an email saying vitals was updated or did you just have to check?
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Mine was down earlier but its working againIs vitals down for anyone else? also for those who have heard back after interviewing, did you get an email saying vitals was updated or did you just have to check?
PaulieBleeker
New Member
I thought that my interview went super well, and it happened back in August, but on Oct. 16th I got deferred. OSU was my undergrad institution and I am wondering if that is playing any role in me being deferred? It feels like there are MANY qualified OSU undergrads applying, so maybe they are limiting those? That, or it just did not go as well as I thought. I am just trying to keep the mantra that I was myself in the interview, and if that is not enough, than it isn't the place for me, but it is slightly disheartening.
It's not always just about the interview and most schools review all aspects of your application, including your interview performance, before making a decision. Could be anything from mission fit/regional fit to a bunch of other factors we may not know about. I feel ya man especially if its your alma mater but hopefully things workout!I thought that my interview went super well, and it happened back in August, but on Oct. 16th I got deferred. OSU was my undergrad institution and I am wondering if that is playing any role in me being deferred? It feels like there are MANY qualified OSU undergrads applying, so maybe they are limiting those? That, or it just did not go as well as I thought. I am just trying to keep the mantra that I was myself in the interview, and if that is not enough, than it isn't the place for me, but it is slightly disheartening.
PaulieBleeker
New Member
That's super true. I am lucky that I have an A from elsewhere, but OSU was one of my top choices. I will def keep up my optimism.It's not always just about the interview and most schools review all aspects of your application, including your interview performance, before making a decision. Could be anything from mission fit/regional fit to a bunch of other factors we may not know about. I feel ya man especially if its your alma mater but hopefully things workout!
thorf1nn
Full Member
Yeah, I just did too. there is no way i am flying out for thatdid all of us got a tour invitation email?
D
deleted1211092
I didn't get one
I wonder if it is just for after interviews 🤔I didn't get one
thorf1nn
Full Member
It said, "Thank you for interviewing with us" in the email so I believe soI wonder if it is just for after interviews 🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone's withdraw application link get removed who is supposed to hear back 11/7?
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
mines still thereDid anyone's withdraw application link get removed who is supposed to hear back 11/7?
+1 IS A!
threadsign
Full Member
+1 OOS II
I have the same thing happening to me now. Did you end up getting an II?before everyone had an interview invite did it still give you the opportunity to upload an update in the portal? I see the option to in the portal to upload one but it says for interviewees only, and did not receive an email.
geopigeon
truly a midfest
looks like its happened to everyone (me as well), no one is able to say why exactly but considering how they've said they won't take pre-II updates i would not suggest touching that upload button at all. at worst it could be negative for your applicationIS applicant here. I haven’t received an II but I have a space to upload supplemental material for my interview day? Is this happening to everyone? I’m a bit confused
I’ll leave it be then. It sounds like you said everyone has it on their portal now? I didn’t have it a few weeks ago so I was trying to see if there is some kind of correlation. I have friends who don’t have it so who knowslooks like its happened to everyone (me as well), no one is able to say why exactly but considering how they've said they won't take pre-II updates i would not suggest touching that upload button at all. at worst it could be negative for your application
I know a few people on adcom so I asked them hahalooks like its happened to everyone (me as well), no one is able to say why exactly but considering how they've said they won't take pre-II updates i would not suggest touching that upload button at all. at worst it could be negative for your application
geopigeon
truly a midfest
oh i wasn't aware of that! i didnt know anyone else who applied to OSU so thats good to know. but yeah, we'll just leave it alone for now, fingers crossedI’ll leave it be then. It sounds like you said everyone has it on their portal now? I didn’t have it a few weeks ago so I was trying to see if there is some kind of correlation. I have friends who don’t have it so who knows
D
deleted1211092
I swear I had that section from the very beginningI’ll leave it be then. It sounds like you said everyone has it on their portal now? I didn’t have it a few weeks ago so I was trying to see if there is some kind of correlation. I have friends who don’t have it so who knows
The radio silence is killing me but I’m being patient. I went here for undergrad so I’m trying to stay hopeful! Most of my friends who got in last year were interviewed in Marchoh i wasn't aware of that! i didnt know anyone else who applied to OSU so thats good to know. but yeah, we'll just leave it alone for now, fingers crossed
Not for me. I had my portal back in July thoughI swear I had that section from the very beginning
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
My portal was updated on Friday (just the date at the bottom) one week after being deferred. Is this the case for anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Mine says the same. Not sure what it really means other than the system/website itself was updated. Nov 14th 9:30 am for me. Been deferred since 10/16My portal was updated on Friday (just the date at the bottom) one week after being deferred. Is this the case for anyone else?
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
I am just speculating but maybe this means we will get a decision on FridayMine says the same. Not sure what it really means other than the system/website itself was updated. Nov 14th 9:30 am for me. Been deferred since 10/16
Did you guys get an email stating the specific date decisions will get released right after your interviews?I am just speculating but maybe this means we will get a decision on Friday
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
Yes but my decision was deferredDid you guys get an email stating the specific date decisions will get released right after your interviews?
for us recent interviewees, they said Nov 21.Yes but my decision was deferred
notphysicsguy
Full Member
That would be great, but who knows anymore. It seems like decisions go out every two weeks.I am just speculating but maybe this means we will get a decision on Friday
geopigeon
truly a midfest
I have no II from then and I have that same update at the bottom of my portal, just to lyk. as well as a supplemental upload area that’s taunting me 😛I am just speculating but maybe this means we will get a decision on Friday
Last edited:
NoPlanBOnlyA
Full Member
Has anyone sent Thank You letter post interview?
conserved_motif
New Member
Any initial deferred decision interviewees get acceptances today?
notphysicsguy
Full Member
Nope, deferred 10/16 still nothingAny initial deferred decision interviewees get acceptances today?
conserved_motif
New Member
I wonder if we might get A's around 930 after the initial acceptance batch. Good luck!Nope, deferred 10/16 still nothing
MyHeroesNeverDie
Full Member
nope +1Any initial deferred decision interviewees get acceptances today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
middlecerebellarpeduncle
Full Member
Nope, no change in the portal 🙁Any initial deferred decision interviewees get acceptances today?
notphysicsguy
Full Member
I have a feeling the deferred decisions will drag on for months lol.I wonder if we might get A's around 930 after the initial acceptance batch. Good luck!
OOS deferred, interviewed within the last 2 weeks