2025-2026 Ohio State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is OSU not reinvention friendly by chance?

I’m an IS applicant- Applied with 3.4 undergrad cgpa but a 4.0 SMP gpa and MCAT score slightly below their 75th percentile. Plenty of volunteering, research etc. felt like I had a good story having had to work multiple jobs throughout undergrad and grad school to put myself through, good reason for pursuing medicine etc.

Having a great cycle otherwise but not even a peep from Ohio State. Very disheartening- one of my top choices 🙁
There’s a lot of very strong applicants like you and myself (joke) that haven’t gotten IIs yet, especially if they’re OOS — which only has a 6% II rate— pretty brutal IMO

Doubt there’s any strong evidence besides speculation that a school is/isn’t reinvention friendly lol
 
Anyone know if there's any movement on the deferral list?
If you were deferred-- I can imagine how stressful it is and I'm sorry you didn't get in right off the bat, but it's only been a day since decisions were released. I doubt there has been any movement yet and it will likely take a few weeks at least until the adcom meets again.

^^ My two-cents, I may be wrong, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you were deferred-- I can imagine how stressful it is and I'm sorry you didn't get in right off the bat, but it's only been a day since decisions were released. I doubt there has been any movement yet and it will likely take a few weeks at least until the adcom meets again.

^^ My two-cents, I may be wrong, though.
ah sorry worded it wrong, was wondering if anyone had better insight on deferral movement from previous cycles
 
ah sorry worded it wrong, was wondering if anyone had better insight on deferral movement from previous cycles
In general hard to predict/quantify because activity changes yearly. Haven't checked their socials but if their adcom is pretty active they might have posted about it during previous cycles
 
Deferred on 8/16 OOS. Anybody know if they accept letters on continued interest or update letters? And if so should they be submitted through their email or the pre-interview portal documentation?
 
where do u see that? many people in here say osu doesn't accept update letters
You are correct post-interview they don't accept anything. But I did see someone last year post-interview deferred send one over email which I wouldn't really recommend as MSAR says they don't accept any LOI/Updates post-interview.
 
You are correct post-interview they don't accept anything. But I did see someone last year post-interview deferred send one over email which I wouldn't really recommend as MSAR says they don't accept any LOI/Updates post-interview.
"Candidates invited for an interview are given the opportunity to submit an update letter prior to their interview date." The rest says they accept no updates, LOInterest/Intent. I would avoid sending anything if not given an II.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten the physical mail yet? I'm wondering if that maybe had a different date like the Oct 15 group? -- And could someone who got their decision Oct 16 share what time their portal was updated?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the A! One thing is I'm not seeing the technical standards form under my evaluations. Anyone else who was also accepted today running into this problem?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS A!

Missed the call because I was still in bed, but Dr. Rankin left a really nice voicemail. I saved it for memories!
 
OOS Deferral 🙁
Feeling bummed because it seems like they only send out acceptances or deferrals (no R), so don't know what it really means to be deferred