Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those are happening. Will order after I move in two weeks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're welcome!! (Any reason for hot pink beside just liking the color)

Nope. Pink is one of my favorite colors. My Spartan in Halo is even pink.

Reactions: 3 users
@cdoconn "oddly shaped hands"
cf6792fd84fae06b12052dd9b061f8f2.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have any gloves suggestions for anatomy? The only kind I've used are the Henry Schein nitrile gloves (the kind that come in the colorful boxes based on size yellow, pink, blue, black, grey, and the gloves are a purpleish color) and it doesn't appear that I have the ability to order those. ??
I already suggested these to eggo, but gonna post here in case anyone else is looking for some.

These are the ones that my dad's orthodontics office uses and they're really nice and not super thin and don't break really easily. They sell them on Amazon and the reviews are coming from people in the medical community versus home crafters, so you know they're actually good quality, besides just what I'm saying. I don't know how they compare in price to other nitrile gloves on Amazon/elsewhere, but they're not super expensive and they come 300 to a box. Can't personally tell you anything about how permeable to anatomy smells they are though, but they definitely aren't thin, crappy gloves.

And bonus: they're cobalt blue

Reactions: 2 users
@SkiOtter I see you linking to the size small gloves with your dainty hands.

Thanks for the tip! (Medium and Large if anyone needs...like me...with my also oddly-shaped-tuber hands)

@SkiOtter I see you linking to the size small gloves with your dainty hands.

Thanks for the tip! (Medium and Large if anyone needs...like me...with my also oddly-shaped-tuber hands)
Lolol the medium ones are the ones I actually use, I linked to small because more reviews

This page from their website has the mm hand sizing (and it SAYS you can request sample sizes but idk if only like medical offices and such can do that or if us commoners can too)

Lolol the medium ones are the ones I actually use, I linked to small because more reviews

This page from their website has the mm hand sizing (and it SAYS you can request sample sizes but idk if only like medical offices and such can do that or if us commoners can too)

I like their innuendo, making ordering Nitrile gloves sexy again.

Also, I take back any joke I made about @cdoconn and her hands - according to this chart, my middle and "ring" finger are a size medium, my pointer finger is a small, my pinky is an extra small, and my thumb is an extra-large. I'm going to average them and say my "medium" order will work. (Also, I'm 100% sure these measuring disparities are operator error - aka me)

Also, I take back any joke I made about @cdoconn and her hands - according to this chart, my middle and "ring" finger are a size medium, my pointer finger is a small, my pinky is an extra small, and my thumb is an extra-large. I'm going to average them and say my "medium" order will work. (Also, I'm 100% sure these measuring disparities are operator error - aka me)
Hahahahaha that's great. I'm just guessing small. I have large palms and tiny fat fingers. It's gross

Members don't see this ad :)
I've apparently never thought about exam glove size as much as you all. I mean, when a choice is available I choose a medium. But if there's only smalls or only larges, sure whatever. Surgery gloves are a different story, but I never would have even thought to measure my hands to order exam gloves, haha. If they don't fit, trade with a classmate who's gloves also do not fit. Basically my entire lab group (from man-hands to a petite girl) just stole from my box because they knew I had the hookup and was getting them for free.

I have decently large palms, but somewhat skinnier fingers, but they are loooooong af
So trying to find things that'll fit my hands is also fun. Especially winter gloves because the fingers are always so short and don't stretch like nitrile gloves

I've apparently never thought about exam glove size as much as you all. I mean, when a choice is available I choose a medium. But if there's only smalls or only larges, sure whatever. Surgery gloves are a different story, but I never would have even thought to measure my hands to order exam gloves, haha. If they don't fit, trade with a classmate who's gloves also do not fit. Basically my entire lab group (from man-hands to a petite girl) just stole from my box because they knew I had the hookup and was getting them for free.
I pretty much always choose a medium too. Large is usually too big for my fingers and they're sad and baggy and Smalls are doable but usually tight across my palms. But I also have the hookup and can just get some from my dad when I (eventually) get to vet school so I don't have to worry about trying to order them and I also know I'm getting quality gloves because if my dads office is using them, they're definitely not cheapo gloves that are gonna break on me :p

Nah he should just come here.

You DID say we have good beer here.... I'm sure that could be enticing for him
He's more of a wine/marg kinda guy, shows how much you know bear pfft. CA Still has a bigger selection of beer anyway. I didn't say MI had the BEST beer!

A little late to the party, but these are the gloves I bought on Amazon. I have no complaints about them, and I like that they're purple. ;) And yes, I have small hands.

He's more of a wine/marg kinda guy, shows how much you know bear pfft. CA Still has a bigger selection of beer anyway. I didn't say MI had the BEST beer!
I SAID IT COULD BE ENTICING. We do have some wineries in northern Michigan, but I didn't bother suggesting that bc Wine Country. SO YOU HUSH YOUR MOUTH SIMBA.

I ordered those gloves (but in a small) on Amazon last at 9:31pm and they just showed up at 11:12 am. I like these gloves a lot- they're not too thin, the fingers are textured and I have good gripping power, pretty color, they don't smell bad/ leave your hands feeling funny, and I can still use my iPhone's touch screen with them (I can't in most gloves).

Once I got them all rolled down and got the air out of the finger tips I really like them.

{ignore my weirdly shaped hands}
IMG_2883.JPG

Yes, I used a wine bottle to set up the timer. :laugh:

Hopefully that isn't too much of a concern for anatomy...eww, cadaver juice on phone. but that's also amazing delivery time.
Oh no lol I don't plan on doing that but it's nice to know. but it's nice to know that it's available if necessary!

If you're going to bring your phone or tablet into lab - put it in a double zipper ziplock gallon freezer bag! Rinse off at the end of lab and remove tablet :) Still works with gloves through the ziplock.

Reactions: 4 users
I never worried about glove size for regular exam gloves....just grab some smalls or mediums depending on what's available. Didn't know this was a big deal.

For anatomy we do, no clue about anything else

Old boss lady was such a stickler about gloves. She got mad every time she saw someone wearing them (even though there are many legitimate reasons an assistant would want to wear gloves in a vet hospital . . . ) because they're "so expensive." :rolleyes:

We had to buy our own for anatomy lab too. And how well they fit doesn't matter much...really only for sterile gloves.
Personally it matters for comfort. I've worn gloves that were too big and my hands were swimming in them and I've worn some that were too small and they were too tight on my palms. Personally I'd take the extra 2 minutes to try and figure out what ones are gonna fit me best

Personally it matters for comfort. I've worn gloves that were too big and my hands were swimming in them and I've worn some that were too small and they were too tight on my palms. Personally I'd take the extra 2 minutes to try and figure out what ones are gonna fit me best
Plus I have short but fat fingers so with some gloves I can't get the fingers in or it appears that I have an extra knuckle due to the length. :laugh:

After a week of anatomy the last thing you'll think about is glove comfort. ;)

Eh, if my palms are constantly being squeezed into a boat-like shape, probably not gonna just forget about that TBH.

You will. Half the time I forgot to bring gloves and had to borrow some. When your deep in formaldehyde trying to find that random tiny nerve amongst all the other gray/brown mush and all you're thinking about is going home....you'll be too distracted trying to hurry up and get done to think about the gloves.

Heck, I went home with shoes on the wrong feet once....though that was after clinics but when you're exhausted, you don't notice when things are uncomfortable you just want to be done.

Old boss lady was such a stickler about gloves. She got mad every time she saw someone wearing them (even though there are many legitimate reasons an assistant would want to wear gloves in a vet hospital . . . ) because they're "so expensive." :rolleyes:

Mind blown. When I'm working in the ICU, I wear new gloves for pretty much every patient I touch. I do wear them a lot less in my GP but can't imagine anywhere caring at the amount of gloves I'm going through!!

Reactions: 2 users
Mind blown. When I'm working in the ICU, I wear new gloves for pretty much every patient I touch. I do wear them a lot less in my GP but can't imagine anywhere caring at the amount of gloves I'm going through!!

She also cared about how much water we used while cleaning, how quickly we went through paper towels, how many times we reused the same post-it notes . . .

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely went a good two weeks without gloves because I ran out and kept forgetting to buy more. But then, I was useless in large animal anatomy anyway ;)
Did you just not touch anything? I can't imagine touching cadavers without gloves.

Did you just not touch anything? I can't imagine touching cadavers without gloves.
Yeah I just didn't touch stuff lol If I wanted to touch something I borrowed a glove

I mostly didn't want to touch anything. 7 people around one mini horse and I'm too type B to function to begin with...I was happy to hang back.