Oh, the Places I've Been WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have slight feels for Crayola. I was initially reading Cray as village, but some of her posts yesterday have me reevaluating her.

Too quiet/too new to me
15. @Cyndia
17. @allieh8607
3. @SnowshoeDog143

Not quiet but sketch anyway
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144

Always a little sketch and/or too quiet
6. @Mad Jack
8. @genny
9. @SummerTheLynx

Sketch for other reasons
16. @Ceke2002
4. @StayingPositive2017
14. @britzen

I could vote StayPaws, Ceke, britzen, allieh, snowy, MJ, genny, STL, Cyndia, strider, PBC, AM, LIS. Which are all the players still alive. Trying not to tunnel StayPaws or Ceke with this post.

I want to read this post as just playful 'no one can be trusted' type thing, but the bolded line makes me think she meant it seriously - in which case, what? Listing every player and saying 'I could lynch any of these people!' without giving us real reads or analysis is not helpful, and does nothing to prevent tunneling.

I just made a list of quiet players. Why them over others? frankly she's posted more than many

This post was in response to Britzen's vote for Allieh. Cray mentions her list (which, again, is a list of every player in the game), but then questions Britzen about their vote. The question itself doesn't bother me. Mentioning the 'list of quiet players' as if it was more useful analysis than Britzen's stated reason (that Allieh had been quiet) does bother me.

Snowy and Allieh have both requested tl;dr summaries so far. In a game with only 9 pages by day 4 . . . It stands out to me because I don't think I've seen any similar requests made in WW before.

Members don't see this ad.

Doing this crayola style so I don't miss anyone:

13. Crayola– Not sure how to read her, she sure talks a lot. Didn’t like her saying paws was sketch for throwing shade her way, then she changed her vote to paws early in the game. Agreed with some of her reasoning so far, though her most recent list of sketchy players was useless since everyone was on it lol. Would rather have chatty players in the game though, so will be putting her on a backburner.
close though.

To be clear, it wasn't so much that StayP threw shade my way, but why. When people point to typical play as a reason to lynch, I think it's bad logic. It could be villager bad logic, but it also could be a wolf trying to start a bandwagon. Because wolves know who wolves are, and they are generally just trying to get a villager lynched, it makes perfect sense to me that they might struggle to find great reasons to support lynching of villagers. So I watch for why someone is calling for a lynch.

In my limited experience, it's serious lapses in logic/judgement that reveals wolves a lot of the time. Sure, there will be a lot that they might say that makes a lot of sense and you agree with, but in those cases a misstep is all the more odd and deserves looking at.

The issue was that StayP was saying I was trying to be distracting like a wolf, when there was nothing about it that wasn't my typical village play (which they have seen) and the irony was that they were the ones making posts not even related to the game (whereas I asked about a manator... which is related to the game).

Now do we see what bugged me? Ultimately she was acting in all village earnestness, but I didn't know that.

I have slight feels for Crayola. I was initially reading Cray as village, but some of her posts yesterday have me reevaluating her.

I want to read this post as just playful 'no one can be trusted' type thing, but the bolded line makes me think she meant it seriously - in which case, what? Listing every player and saying 'I could lynch any of these people!' without giving us real reads or analysis is not helpful, and does nothing to prevent tunneling.

This post was in response to Britzen's vote for Allieh. Cray mentions her list (which, again, is a list of every player in the game), but then questions Britzen about their vote. The question itself doesn't bother me. Mentioning the 'list of quiet players' as if it was more useful analysis than Britzen's stated reason (that Allieh had been quiet) does bother me.

It is a "playful" thing, but I think what people are missing, is that in a game this quiet, you still have to try to figure something out. It happens all the time someone says, "so and so is too quiet" when they're at least somewhat fresh in your mind from putting up at least one or two damn posts, meanwhile you'll have another player who hasn't posted since day 1.

Let's face it, there's different levels/types of quiet. There's the thrown up vote right before deadline with no explanation from MJ while he posts elsewhere, and then STL's life excuses bit and SDN silence. There's veterans being quiet, and noobs.

In my mind, each presents a different level of wolf threat. I basically grouped people as best as I could, and I didn't point out that my list of all the live players was essentially ordered from most to least "sketch" in my mind. There isn't more in depth analysis because there aren't a lot of interactions.

I did say I could lynch any, but on the list was "Sketch for other reasons," which included 3 players that had interacted a lot on the thread. I think provided posts where I did an in depth analysis of their interactions (Ceke, StayP, britzen). Because they're the only ones really talking/interacting, it was very tempting to just analyze them and pick one of the 3 most likely to be a wolf (you can probably be forced to make that choice in any random grouping of a handful of posting players).

However, there are just too many quiet players. And for reasons explained, I found StayP sketch for a lapse in logic, and after that, I didn't see any reason to come off my vote. I tend to do that - I need a reason to stop finding sketch sketch or someone else higher priority, like new info on the first person, or more info on someone else.

Ceke I found to be doing typical village play, but a corner turned for me with her as I started to feel like what she said wasn't making sense, or at least was making less sense than usual, and no offense, I was finding her play extremely distracting. And not, tons of long posts distracting. I mean because it was confusing to me. And now that we know she was a redirector, it makes all the more sense. Having been a redirector once, I can say it's not that easy a role to manage and if you don't use it with laser precision chaos can erupt.

As far as my questioning of Britzen and why the vote for allieh for being quiet, as I said before, Britzen was already on my sketch list for actual reasons and not just silence. So they were the one I was going to question more closely for their vote choices - even if we think I'm not using logic in my list/choices, that doesn't mean I don't want to know theirs. Seriously, why one quiet player over another? I actually did articulate what pattern of posting I found in each players - which is more than just picking one out of a hat. Maybe Britzen knows someone we don't about allieh. So my groupings may represent ignorance - but does her choice reflect something more? I think that's a legit question.

I think I will just make a list of the roster on paper (as I have done in the past) so that I can better keep the loads and loads of quiet players not actively reminding me of their presence by posting on the thread, fresh in mind, because I don't want to just tunnel on the people posting. That's why I said my list might help that.

I found Cyndia's post helpful, although long. Village needs to keep track of everyone and what we collectively think of them, especially in silent game where you're not getting tons of fresh info on each page from players.

I apologize for walls of text. I do try to put thought into the game, but it's hard for me to be concise.

Snowy and Allieh have both requested tl;dr summaries so far. In a game with only 9 pages by day 4 . . . It stands out to me because I don't think I've seen any similar requests made in WW before.

Haha I had to laugh. I got on with 30min to lynch close yesterday and thought I'd post that so if I wasn't finished reading in time I'd have a summary of the day to help my vote. Then I went back to read and realized there was only like one page of stuff...:smack:

Members don't see this ad :)
Cray posting so much makes her lean village. Is she newer or a veteran?

I get PBCS thought of it could be a distraction to look like she's thinking but I feel like that is only helpful to veteran players and newer players who do that are too afraid they'll spill too much info if they word vomit.

Reactions: 1 user
I found Cyndia's post helpful, although long.
Cray, you be crazy. Pot and kettle . . . :p

As far as my questioning of Britzen and why the vote for allieh for being quiet, as I said before, Britzen was already on my sketch list for actual reasons and not just silence. So they were the one I was going to question more closely for their vote choices - even if we think I'm not using logic in my list/choices, that doesn't mean I don't want to know theirs. Seriously, why one quiet player over another? I actually did articulate what pattern of posting I found in each players - which is more than just picking one out of a hat. Maybe Britzen knows someone we don't about allieh. So my groupings may represent ignorance - but does her choice reflect something more? I think that's a legit question.

This reasoning makes sense. Thank you for elaborating on the Britzen comment.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to vote for STL again. I don't want things to run away on MJ so early in the day, and hopefully some pressure + it being the weekend will help encourage activity from our silent folks.

Lynch STL

I was kind of hoping there was just more PMing going on that I wasn't aware of because MJ and STL are in my group. But from the sound of everyone complaining about a quiet game, I guess not! I'm going to go make a wall of text (aka list of reads).

Unofficial Travel Everywhere! D4 Lynch Tally

snowy (2) - am, genny
stl (2) - britzen, PBC
mj (3) - snowy, lis, cyndia

7/12

Lynch ends ~ 4.5 hours

sontag.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience with MJ, but he's throwing up alarm bells for me.

I know he came in with a IRL explanation for being quiet, and IIRC he tends to be quiet in WW anyway, I think. However, he did promise more play.

The last minute throw up votes, while something I'm still grateful for if coming from a busy villager, still worries me because of how much wolves do that.

Lastly, and most concerning to me, and I don't want to bus him and be wrong, he did PM with me briefly last night. He's my friend and it was a friendly exchange. We have to put aside friendship in WW. I can't help but wonder if the exchange was meant to make me think he's just busy and not wolfy. Which just ends up feeling wolfy to me.

Bad feelings from PMs have served me well in finding wolves in the past.

Lastly, and most concerning to me, and I don't want to bus him and be wrong, he did PM with me briefly last night. He's my friend and it was a friendly exchange. We have to put aside friendship in WW. I can't help but wonder if the exchange was meant to make me think he's just busy and not wolfy. Which just ends up feeling wolfy to me.

Weird that he had time to PM you, but didn't place a vote or at least respond to tags...

Reactions: 2 users
I could go with either an STL or an MJ vote. They've both been playing weird, especially for veteran players that are usually a lot more engaged.

@genny, got a reason on your snowy vote?

Members don't see this ad :)
As promised, a wall of text hidden behind a spoiler tag for those who don't want to read such things:
Most concern:
Snowy - Stayed off the two lead candidates day 1 when we almost had a tie, and expressed doubt the next 2 days about her votes. AM started questioning about what other players seem sketchy, and she pointed out me and AM (the 2 players who have brought up Snowy as sketchy).

MJ - has been stuck on strider, otherwise absent. can't really read him.

STL - I sent him a PM day 2, he sent back an answer. Nothing to really go on either way.

allie - I didn't like her ceke vs paws post, haven't seen much from her so far.

Neutral:
PBC - I was feeling her as village until she brought up Paws's question as suspicious. I feel like # of wolves is pretty standard, and for her to go after Paws for that seems weird. But then seeming village so far today - I like the vote for STL.

strider - Haven't heard much from him since day 1. But I guess that's understandable because opening his mouth day 1 nearly got him lynched. Need more participation to move him to village-leaning.

AM - I always find AM hard to read. She has a lot of posts, nothing that really pings my radar so far. I like that she's usually around for lynch close to put pressure on people.

Cyndia - 9 posts this game. I want to move her to village-leaning, but feel like I should really have more data before doing so.

Least concern:
britzen - comes across as nooby. if a wolf, has been getting some excellent coaching or is a naturally fantastic liar. I think noob villager is more likely.

Crayola - posting like her usual self, liking a ridiculous number of posts as per her usual, generally more focused when she has a goal (i.e. she's not acting wolfy or chaosy)

LIS - seems village. gives out reasons for his votes, doesn't seem to be reaching for reasons to lynch anyone. appropriate level of sass.

genny - didn't post much on Thursday/Friday which are her busy days at work (more solo doctoring), posted this giant annoying wall of text today. seems pretty village to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, see above. And previous posts over the last 2 days. Are you even paying attention?

Forgot you'd voted them yesterday, but I'd still have wanted to see if you had any novel thoughts behind the vote. What are your thoughts on MJ and STL, since they're in your group?

Also lol at including yourself on your reads list. Even Cray leaves herself off when she posts her comprehensive wall-of-text reads!

Forgot you'd voted them yesterday, but I'd still have wanted to see if you had any novel thoughts behind the vote. What are your thoughts on MJ and STL, since they're in your group?

Also lol at including yourself on your reads list. Even Cray leaves herself off when she posts her comprehensive wall-of-text reads!

Reactions: 5 users
In response to genny: I had you as wolf yesterday because if I remember right you seem to normally be more laid back and jokey and I thought you were being more serious and logical. Similar with AM. I was agreeing with her a lot which I don't remember us being on similar wave lengths in the past.

And once again I did not express doubts about the person I voted for the last two days. But I already explained that earlier.

In response to genny: I had you as wolf yesterday because if I remember right you seem to normally be more laid back and jokey and I thought you were being more serious and logical. Similar with AM. I was agreeing with her a lot which I don't remember us being on similar wave lengths in the past.

Do you still feel like genny and I are wolfy today?

I'm so sorry... I'm out of town this weekend and really thought I would have time to stay up to date with the thread but been way busier.

Lynch MJ

I've never abstained from a vote, and I don't want to start now

I'm still not understanding why the snowy votes, I'm tempted to go with it just to see how they flip and see if I should be looking at AM and genny differently

I know I threw shade on MJ, but if I vote that way and he's village, I'll feel terrible for not going for STL instead, another veteran that apparently can play a scary wolf and is also quiet

obviously I could be voting for someone besides the top 3, but as far as I can tell MJ and STL are the biggest threats if silent wolves, Britz was on my radar but came off because I've come to believe it was villager on villager earlier with Ceke

strider's ability and honesty could be wolf, but I'm leaning village, and in any case they are being useful facilitating discussion

genny, AM, LIS, PBC, Cyndia are all making sense and participating, which is WIFOM style sketch but simultaneously useful and we can't afford to lynch active people at this juncture IMHO.

I have no compelling reason to go for Ally except that they are also a wildcard by being quiet-ish and not someone I know. Still seems like a weak reason to lynch.

Basically, I'm trying to justify why I'm going to join one of the bandwagons on the top 3, and not put out a single throwaway vote on others I don't have more compelling reasons to vote.

FML, can someone talk me into Snowy vs STL vs MJ and make my life easier?

LIS makes a good point on MJ. But I want to hear more from the Snowy voters. Just cuz I'm curious what I'm missing about them.

FML, can someone talk me into Snowy vs STL vs MJ and make my life easier?

LIS makes a good point on MJ. But I want to hear more from the Snowy voters. Just cuz I'm curious what I'm missing about them.

I haven't read Snowy's posts VERY thoroughly yet (need to iso Snowy, but don't have the chance atm), so there's a chance this impression is misplaced, but all I recall Snowy doing is talking about who might be a villager, and not being confident about who she is suspicious about.

That's generally sketchy play ...

I could vote Snowy. *shrug* But at this point I'm getting annoyed with STL, MJ, and allieh's play (to a lesser degree Cyndia - she's picked it up a titch).

I haven't read Snowy's posts VERY thoroughly yet (need to iso Snowy, but don't have the chance atm), so there's a chance this impression is misplaced, but all I recall Snowy doing is talking about who might be a villager, and not being confident about who she is suspicious about.

That's generally sketchy play ...

I could vote Snowy. *shrug* But at this point I'm getting annoyed with STL, MJ, and allieh's play (to a lesser degree Cyndia - she's picked it up a titch).

That was exactly what I thought was everyone's issue with Snowy. This could be noobish on my part, that I don't find that sketchy. I guess I see that as noobish behavior since I can often feel that way - especially with early lynches where you have no good data and are likely to kill a villager. That was the most painful first lesson I learned in WW.

Unless I'm wrong that Snowy is a noob... and I can see why the case is made that it's wolfy. I never thought of that.

God this is painful. When's deadline?

Tempted to tie it, as much as people say that's evil to village. It's a choice that isn't a choice in a way, and it does speed up the game.

lynch MJ

because I need to grow some balls, learn to vote for a friend, and throw up a vote in time for deadline. If someone can make a better case for Snowy or there's support for a tie, I can change.

Tempted to tie it, as much as people say that's evil to village. It's a choice that isn't a choice in a way, and it does speed up the game.

lynch MJ

because I need to grow some balls, learn to vote for a friend, and throw up a vote in time for deadline. If someone can make a better case for Snowy or there's support for a tie, I can change.

We still have an hour until close, so a tie isn't really an evil thing at this point. There's time to break it.

I'm frustrated with STL's radio silence, but MJ coming in and refusing to give reads or do anything besides offer a self defense vote is a really annoying move. He usually fights tooth and nail as a wolf (his self-banning attempt comes to mind) so this makes me think he's village, but what a useless way to play if he is.

Unofficial Travel Everywhere! D4 Lynch Tally

snowy (3) - am, genny, MJ
stl (2) - britzen, PBC
mj (5) - snowy, lis, cyndia, allieh, Crayola

10/12

@Mad Jack you are leading!

Lynch ends in 50 minutes

sontag.jpg

I looked at Snowy, and these posts stood out to me: (Kara's final lynch tallies for reference)

Day 1 Lynch Tally

sparrow (2) - Ceke, AM
STL () -
ny (5) - WZ, PBC, sparrow, britzen, strider
britzen (1) - Snowy
Paws (2) - Cyndia, Crayola
Strider (4) - STL, Genny, allieh, MJ
crayola (1) - paws
MJ () -
allieh () -
Ceke (1) - LIS

Not Voting: Ny

Check your votes!

The Traveling Life Day 2 Lynch Tally

allieh () -
sparrow (4) - AM, Snowy, britzen, ceke
PBC (1) - LIS
stl (3) - PBC, cyndia, strider
britzen (1) - sparrow
strider (2) - MJ, stl
ceke () -
paws (1) - crayola
genny (1) - allieh
snowy (1) - genny
mj (1) - paws

15/15

Lynch ends in ~ 15 minutes

Wanderlust D3 Lynch Tally

cyndia (1) - am
ceke (2) - strider, crayola
stl () -
pbc (1) - paws
allieh (1) - brit
paws (4) - lis, pbc, allieh, snowy
snowy (1) - genny

10/14
missing: MJ, STL, ceke, cyndia

Lynch ends ~ 15 minutes

Skimmed through but have to run and won't be back until late after lynch close. I still like the sparrow lynch so I'll stay on that, but not a huge fan of the bandwagonning there.

Bold is interesting since we haven't had any real bandwagons - when Sparrow was lynched STL was trailing just by 1 vote. Actually every day so far has ended kind of close.

No one is really catching my eye. Maybe you or genny?

In response to AM - love the indecision of the question mark, especially since she's replying to AM and telling her she's sketchy. I'm sorry, that she's *maybe* sketchy.

I also had been getting a village vibe from her. But I'm known to trust all the wrong people.

Non-committal

Yesterday I just didn't like the bandwagon. It felt like an easy way for a wolf to vote.

Today as I said. I've been getting a village vibe from paws but her comment about asking people about her question when none of us were asked is sketch as all get out.

Again with the bandwagon, and again with the wish-washy feels.

Again with the bandwagon, and again with the wish-washy feels.

I mean, I'm hardly gonna attack someone for wishy-washy feels, since that's all I've got. But at the same time, you should be willing to go after someone and commit to it, and not be working so hard to establish your excuse ahead of time if they turn out to be village.

Villagers don't worry so much about lynching villagers. Wolves are always afraid of being called out for it.

30 minutes remaining

Travel Everywhere! D4 Lynch Tally

snowy (3) - am, genny, MJ
stl (2) - britzen, PBC
mj (5) - snowy, lis, cyndia, allieh, Crayola

10/12

Missing: strider, STL

Lynch ends ~ 30 minutes

sontag.jpg

Well that was really lackluster. I'm happier with this vote, though I'll be irritated if you flip villager and just were too lazy to defend in any manner.

He's done it before! *shrug*

My take on it is if we might get a wolf trying to fly under the radar, worst case we kill a villager who wasn't contributing anyway. If I had strong suspicions about someone more vocal, I'd go after them.

genny, AM, LIS, PBC, Cyndia are all making sense and participating, which is WIFOM style sketch but simultaneously useful and we can't afford to lynch active people at this juncture IMHO.

This is the first time someone has used my name and 'active' in the same sentence in a loooong time and it made me unreasonably excited. :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
He's done it before! *shrug*

My take on it is if we might get a wolf trying to fly under the radar, worst case we kill a villager who wasn't contributing anyway. If I had strong suspicions about someone more vocal, I'd go after them.

Oh that's a bummer, I haven't seen him do that before. But I agree with you, I don't have anyone better in mind (that isn't also an MIA player) so might as well start with him.

Well that was really lackluster. I'm happier with this vote, though I'll be irritated if you flip villager and just were too lazy to defend in any manner.
I just don't care to defend myself. I'm a villager that can communicate with one player each night, and was too distracted playing The Forest to really offer much tonight, since I hadn't done any gaming in the past four weeks and I felt like rewarding myself for surviving another rotation.

Tonight we take our first foray into the US. Rutland, Vermont - the site where I participated in the New England Drama Festival. My school was known for its elaborate sets that could be set-up and taken down in 5 minutes or less. The trick - bring an army. The play of that year Lovers: Part I - Winners where Mag and Joe talk all day atop a hill. They end up finding a boat on a shore of a lake and decide to take it. The play ends by suggesting they drowned. It seems that is what was decided needed to happen to Rutland. The mob surrounded him complaining of being too quiet and then proceeded to drown him. Not sure that's how you get someone to respond but it's what this mob decided to do. We won't be hearing from Rutland anymore.

335b562957d26749a0ddea945ad929c5.jpg

Dead is @Mad Jack
, Rutland, Vermont who could PM with the person of his choosing each day

We now turn our eyes to Visegrad. Bridge on the Drina! What more is there to say? Visegrad is not that exciting a place except to a group of Monsters who studied the history, religion, and literature of the Balkans and now stand on the Kapia where Milan Glasičanin gambled with the devil. This is a bridge that has stood through the test of time until WWI when the Austro-Hungarians destroyed it. It appears however, it could not withstand the wrath of a mod. Clouds form and surround Visegrad and a voice emanates from within them. "You missed 2 consecutive lynches and have failed to participate. My expectations were clear. Let this serve as a warning to all others." Cracks opened in the ground swallowing Visegrad, leaving behind nothing to show it had ever been there.

FjKpFbG.jpg

nh4rfJV.jpg

Dead by modkill is @SummerTheLynx, Visegrad, Bosnia & Herzegovina who could avoid 2 lynch attempts
It is now Night 4. Night will close at 9am EDT

Nicaragua
1. @PrincessButterCup
2. @strider144
3. @SnowshoeDog143
14. @britzen
13. @Crayola227

The Balkans
8. @genny

England
10. @LetItSnow
11. @Animal Midwife

United States/Canada
15. @Cyndia
17. @allieh8607

Ghost Town Graveyard
12. Ny, Stratford-Upon-Avon
7. Dubz, Plitvice National Park
5. Sparrow, Dover
4. Paws, Montreal
16. Ceke, Venice
6. @Mad Jack, Rutland
9. @SummerTheLynx, Visegrad

I don't think I've ever actually saved myself from a lynch for more than a night, so I just don't bother trying anymore. It ends up being a two hour exercise in frustration that gets me nowhere. Yeah, I was a villager.

:asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat:
I don't think I've ever actually saved myself from a lynch for more than a night, so I just don't bother trying anymore. It ends up being a two hour exercise in frustration that gets me nowhere. Yeah, I was a villager.
don't play games if you don't want to play gaaammmeeesssss. your lynch was not a given, but you contributed nothing. you're so much fun when you actually pay attention that it's such a shame that you don't recently.

(I have fought this fight with you a couple times I think).

...this is totally a mentor comment.

:asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat:

Reactions: 8 users