Similarities and Differences between Northwestern and UChicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

takeeacy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to Northwestern's 2nd Look, but I didn't get to make it to UChicago's. I think I have an understanding of NU, and so I can understand UChicago if you compare and contrast it to NU.

What are the similarities and differences?

I got some fin aid from both schools, and so the difference in cost is negligible (<15k difference after 4 years).

Members don't see this ad.

Could I get more information on the differences in school cultures? I think that's what I'm more interested in; I feel that I don't really know how to compare curricular differences until I actually arrive there. Both PBL and lecture-based have their merits and disadvantages, and I'm fine with both. However, UChicago does seem like they have a lot of class time - I'm curious about when they manage time to do other things (ie shadowing or even exploring the city).

Members don't see this ad :)
It's tough for anyone to answer your question the way it is posed. No one has actually attended both schools so no one can give you a better idea than you already have (for instance there might be some who have been accepted to both, like you).

Better to pose the question as "All costs being equal, which school would you choose and why?" and then people will chime in about what they like and dont like about the specific schools and you can form your own Similarity /Difference table with all the data...

Point is your thread isnt getting a lot of traction because no one can actually tell you the similarities and differences having not attended both.

Feinberg is full of holier-than-thou *******s, but Uchicago is in Hyde Park, which is dx away from hell so pick your evil

Status
Not open for further replies.