2019-2020 Northwestern

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone from previous class mentioned about the fb group having 380 on average so I guess there might be some waitlist movement
Pretty sure you can check historical waitlist movement on MSAR. The class is ~135 (not including ~15 MSTP students), so I wouldn't go by the FB page as any sort of indicator.
 
Does anyone (particularly current students) know what day-to-day class schedules look like in M1 & M2? I'm looking to get a better idea of lecture/mandatory class time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, sorry I'm totally clueless about all this. How does one withdraw their acceptance? Am I missing a link somewhere?
 
hi guys, does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? i went on MSAR to check but my subscription has expired :/
“Waitlist offers are made after the uniform acceptance date and continue until the class is filled. Preference is given to students who express ongoing interest in attending FSM.” I guess as long as u keep in touch, you’ll be considered.
 
Is anyone thinking of contacting admissions or are you gonna wait it out and see what happens? Fingers crossed we get a response today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wanted to let people know the assistant director said waitlist movement "tends to vary widely each year - some years we accept none and others we accept several dozen."
It’s a very popular school. I’d love to study there, but it’s probably more expensive than any of my other potential options.
 
Sooooo did anyone hear back from Financial Aid about matching offers? Or is it a lost cause at this point to expect it before April 30th?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone contacted NU regarding when’s the latest they’d reach out to us today letting us know if they’ve matched offers?

The auto-reply from NU for these kinds of request is "There is no set date when additional scholarship or grant awards will be sent. Award notifications are released on a rolling basis starting in late March, and it’s possible for a student to receive a notification in the next few months afterwards."

Based on that, I don't think there's a "latest date." They probably will just redistribute funds as people drop.