2019-2020 Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I also withdrew! Good luck to everyone! I am totally blanking- Did we have to pay a deposit to secure our spot here? If so, how long did it take to get a refund?

Reactions: 1 user
I also withdrew! Good luck to everyone! I am totally blanking- Did we have to pay a deposit to secure our spot here? If so, how long did it take to get a refund?
No, a deposit was not required

Has anyone sent the admissions office an email asking to match another school's financial aid package and gotten a response?

Someone from previous class mentioned about the fb group having 380 on average so I guess there might be some waitlist movement
Pretty sure you can check historical waitlist movement on MSAR. The class is ~135 (not including ~15 MSTP students), so I wouldn't go by the FB page as any sort of indicator.

Does anyone (particularly current students) know what day-to-day class schedules look like in M1 & M2? I'm looking to get a better idea of lecture/mandatory class time.

Is there internal ranking/AOA during the preclinical phase?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, sorry I'm totally clueless about all this. How does one withdraw their acceptance? Am I missing a link somewhere?

hi guys, does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? i went on MSAR to check but my subscription has expired :/

hi guys, does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? i went on MSAR to check but my subscription has expired :/
“Waitlist offers are made after the uniform acceptance date and continue until the class is filled. Preference is given to students who express ongoing interest in attending FSM.” I guess as long as u keep in touch, you’ll be considered.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone thinking of contacting admissions or are you gonna wait it out and see what happens? Fingers crossed we get a response today

Is anyone thinking of contacting admissions or are you gonna wait it out and see what happens? Fingers crossed we get a response today
I've reached out like 3 times haha so if someone else wants to take one for the team that would be much appreciated lol

wanted to let people know the assistant director said waitlist movement "tends to vary widely each year - some years we accept none and others we accept several dozen."

wanted to let people know the assistant director said waitlist movement "tends to vary widely each year - some years we accept none and others we accept several dozen."
It’s a very popular school. I’d love to study there, but it’s probably more expensive than any of my other potential options.

Sooooo did anyone hear back from Financial Aid about matching offers? Or is it a lost cause at this point to expect it before April 30th?

Sooooo did anyone hear back from Financial Aid about matching offers? Or is it a lost cause at this point to expect it before April 30th?

I reached out a few weeks ago and finally heard back this morning. They updated the offer but didn’t match. I’m probably going to withdraw.

anyone hear anything from FA? Geez Louise, and I was told TWICE that I’d hear before the 30th. Didn’t think it’d be at the last frikin minute my gosh. Way to bump up my traffic day jitters Feinberg...

anyone hear anything from FA? Geez Louise, and I was told TWICE that I’d hear before the 30th. Didn’t think it’d be at the last frikin minute my gosh. Way to bump up my traffic day jitters Feinberg...
Nope

I withdrew cuz they didn’t get back to me about aid matching. Good luck to those on the WL.

I just received a slight bump in my financial aid. Thankful for the increase!

• Love
Has anyone contacted NU regarding when’s the latest they’d reach out to us today letting us know if they’ve matched offers?

Has anyone contacted NU regarding when’s the latest they’d reach out to us today letting us know if they’ve matched offers?

The auto-reply from NU for these kinds of request is "There is no set date when additional scholarship or grant awards will be sent. Award notifications are released on a rolling basis starting in late March, and it’s possible for a student to receive a notification in the next few months afterwards."

Based on that, I don't think there's a "latest date." They probably will just redistribute funds as people drop.