2019-2020 Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we accept the scholarship with the form they sent does that disqualify us from getting more money that is being redistributed? ... I will email and ask and get back to y'all.. bummed they haven't gotten back at least with some info

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The auto-reply from NU for these kinds of request is "There is no set date when additional scholarship or grant awards will be sent. Award notifications are released on a rolling basis starting in late March, and it’s possible for a student to receive a notification in the next few months afterwards."

Based on that, I don't think there's a "latest date." They probably will just redistribute funds as people drop.
This is pretty ridiculous. I want to be understanding because of the pandemic, but then how are people supposed to make informed decisions by April 30?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I emailed yesterday accepting my original aid/scholarship and received an updated one this morning, which I accepted without a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They replied recommending to make all decisions based on the current financial aid information and cannot guarantee additional funds will be offered. Seems like if you haven't gotten the money, you shouldn't bank on it rolling through. Bummer. Best of luck to everyone making their decision!

I just got a small merit based scholarship. Very impressed with Northwestern overall. I will be accepting and withdrawing from other schools.

Reactions: 4 users
this is random but I am thinking of adding feinberg to my list for this upcoming cycle but this school is a definite reach due to my stats (3.3 gpa/ 519 mcat) w strong ECs. Do yall think I should even bother applying ? I feel I match their mission statement but don't want to waste money if they care about stats.

this is random but I am thinking of adding feinberg to my list for this upcoming cycle but this school is a definite reach due to my stats (3.3 gpa/ 519 mcat) w strong ECs. Do yall think I should even bother applying ? I feel I match their mission statement but don't want to waste money if they care about stats.

shoot your shot. You have a good MCAT but GPA will be tough. Feinberg does care about stats, but with strong Mcat and ECs you never know.

better to apply and get an answer then wonder if you would have gotten in (if you have the money of course)

Can anyone confirm if the grants are renewable for 4 years? Or is it a 1-year award.

Can anyone confirm if the grants are renewable for 4 years? Or is it a 1-year award.

They’re renewable. The letter that they posted in the Financial Aid section on CAESAR explains how your award is distributed.

anyone know how many people are in the groupme? I'm thinking it might be more accurate than the fb group number since it'd include incoming students mainly.

can anyone in the fb group comment on how many students are current/rising m1s?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this has been asked before, but has anyone heard about WL movement recently?

Reactions: 4 users
I know this has been asked before, but has anyone heard about WL movement recently?

Do any accepted students know if new people have been added to the FB group/groupme? Overanalyzing whether or not people are getting accepted that arent using SDN

Just emailed them and they said they expect very minimal movement from their waitlist at this point

• Okay...
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Hi! I'm not a med school or NW applicant (Dental school here!), but I was wondering if anyone knows if it "looks bad" to med or dental programs if you apply to PT, OT, PA, programs simultaneously.

Hi! I'm not a med school or NW applicant (Dental school here!), but I was wondering if anyone knows if it "looks bad" to med or dental programs if you apply to PT, OT, PA, programs simultaneously.

They would have no way of knowing unless you bring it up. If they knew, that would look weird yes, but there is absolutely no way they would have any idea unless you bring it up yourself (so don't).

They would have no way of knowing unless you bring it up. If they knew, that would look weird yes, but there is absolutely no way they would have any idea unless you bring it up yourself (so don't).

Another consideration you might want to make is whether you’ll have time to fulfill all of those obligations. Let’s say you managed to get 2 interviews from each program. That could be 12 interviews already (assuming MD and DO). If you’re lucky, they won’t overlap. If you have average stats, you can get MD interviews from certain schools. If you have the stats for Feinberg, you should focus on MD if medicine is your desired field of study.

Another consideration you might want to make is whether you’ll have time to fulfill all of those obligations. Let’s say you managed to get 2 interviews from each program. That could be 12 interviews already (assuming MD and DO). If you’re lucky, they won’t overlap. If you have average stats, you can get MD interviews from certain schools. If you have the stats for Feinberg, you should focus on MD if medicine is your desired field of study.

Thanks for your response! I have not applied to or do not plan on applying to MD or DO programs LOL!! but I do see what youre saying, but thats also if I get interviews lolol

Hi! idk if the AAMC app is different but in teh dental one theres a section that asks if youve applied to other health programs and if you got in etc, so I assumed they would know, also PA programs also use the same app portal so its all unclear to me.

Hi! idk if the AAMC app is different but in teh dental one theres a section that asks if youve applied to other health programs and if you got in etc, so I assumed they would know, also PA programs also use the same app portal so its all unclear to me.

I'm speaking from the perspective of MD programs. There isn't a section on that.

Did they say if any has happened so far? Just wondering since nothing was reported here.
about 10-12 people have joined the groupme since May 1st. Haven't been looking at FB, might be more there

about 10-12 people have joined the groupme since May 1st. Haven't been looking at FB, might be more there
I've been keeping an eye on the fb- around 7 people added since may 1 but then 7 left in the last week or so, making it hard to judge. groupme is probably more accurate, so thank you!

I've been keeping an eye on the fb- around 7 people added since may 1 but then 7 left in the last week or so, making it hard to judge. groupme is probably more accurate, so thank you!
aaaaand +35 ppl came out of nowhere...brutal

Hey I'm applying this cycle and wanted to know if everyone receives the 411 Feinberg email? The website says they only send it to people who they intend to interview.

I know this is a longshot but did anyone here try to ask for more aid (need or merit) from Northwestern last year? When they got back to you on April 30th, did they provide any?

I know this is a longshot but did anyone here try to ask for more aid (need or merit) from Northwestern last year? When they got back to you on April 30th, did they provide any?
I did. They did ultimately increase the aid, but not by much.

Last edited: