You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is pretty ridiculous. I want to be understanding because of the pandemic, but then how are people supposed to make informed decisions by April 30?The auto-reply from NU for these kinds of request is "There is no set date when additional scholarship or grant awards will be sent. Award notifications are released on a rolling basis starting in late March, and it’s possible for a student to receive a notification in the next few months afterwards."
Based on that, I don't think there's a "latest date." They probably will just redistribute funds as people drop.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SmittyW
Full Member
They replied recommending to make all decisions based on the current financial aid information and cannot guarantee additional funds will be offered. Seems like if you haven't gotten the money, you shouldn't bank on it rolling through. Bummer. Best of luck to everyone making their decision!
UteFan1234
Full Member
I just got a small merit based scholarship. Very impressed with Northwestern overall. I will be accepting and withdrawing from other schools.
Congratulations!!!I just got a small merit based scholarship. Very impressed with Northwestern overall. I will be accepting and withdrawing from other schools.
D
deleted959268
this is random but I am thinking of adding feinberg to my list for this upcoming cycle but this school is a definite reach due to my stats (3.3 gpa/ 519 mcat) w strong ECs. Do yall think I should even bother applying ? I feel I match their mission statement but don't want to waste money if they care about stats.
this is random but I am thinking of adding feinberg to my list for this upcoming cycle but this school is a definite reach due to my stats (3.3 gpa/ 519 mcat) w strong ECs. Do yall think I should even bother applying ? I feel I match their mission statement but don't want to waste money if they care about stats.
shoot your shot. You have a good MCAT but GPA will be tough. Feinberg does care about stats, but with strong Mcat and ECs you never know.
better to apply and get an answer then wonder if you would have gotten in (if you have the money of course)
regularchap
New Member
Can anyone confirm if the grants are renewable for 4 years? Or is it a 1-year award.
Can anyone confirm if the grants are renewable for 4 years? Or is it a 1-year award.
They’re renewable. The letter that they posted in the Financial Aid section on CAESAR explains how your award is distributed.
dope a mean
Full Member
Anyone hear anything about WL movement yet
throwaway11221
Full Member
anyone know how many people are in the groupme? I'm thinking it might be more accurate than the fb group number since it'd include incoming students mainly.
can anyone in the fb group comment on how many students are current/rising m1s?
dope a mean
Full Member
I know this has been asked before, but has anyone heard about WL movement recently?
Do any accepted students know if new people have been added to the FB group/groupme? Overanalyzing whether or not people are getting accepted that arent using SDN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard anything?
More WL movement coming this week.
dope a mean
Full Member
Just emailed them and they said they expect very minimal movement from their waitlist at this point
Did they say if any has happened so far? Just wondering since nothing was reported here.Just emailed them and they said they expect very minimal movement from their waitlist at this point
dope a mean
Full Member
Did they say if any has happened so far? Just wondering since nothing was reported here.
nope but assuming they have
Hi! I'm not a med school or NW applicant (Dental school here!), but I was wondering if anyone knows if it "looks bad" to med or dental programs if you apply to PT, OT, PA, programs simultaneously.
Hi! I'm not a med school or NW applicant (Dental school here!), but I was wondering if anyone knows if it "looks bad" to med or dental programs if you apply to PT, OT, PA, programs simultaneously.
They would have no way of knowing unless you bring it up. If they knew, that would look weird yes, but there is absolutely no way they would have any idea unless you bring it up yourself (so don't).
Hi! I'm not a med school or NW applicant (Dental school here!), but I was wondering if anyone knows if it "looks bad" to med or dental programs if you apply to PT, OT, PA, programs simultaneously.
They would have no way of knowing unless you bring it up. If they knew, that would look weird yes, but there is absolutely no way they would have any idea unless you bring it up yourself (so don't).
Another consideration you might want to make is whether you’ll have time to fulfill all of those obligations. Let’s say you managed to get 2 interviews from each program. That could be 12 interviews already (assuming MD and DO). If you’re lucky, they won’t overlap. If you have average stats, you can get MD interviews from certain schools. If you have the stats for Feinberg, you should focus on MD if medicine is your desired field of study.
Another consideration you might want to make is whether you’ll have time to fulfill all of those obligations. Let’s say you managed to get 2 interviews from each program. That could be 12 interviews already (assuming MD and DO). If you’re lucky, they won’t overlap. If you have average stats, you can get MD interviews from certain schools. If you have the stats for Feinberg, you should focus on MD if medicine is your desired field of study.
Thanks for your response! I have not applied to or do not plan on applying to MD or DO programs LOL!! but I do see what youre saying, but thats also if I get interviews lolol
They would have no way of knowing unless you bring it up. If they knew, that would look weird yes, but there is absolutely no way they would have any idea unless you bring it up yourself (so don't).
Hi! idk if the AAMC app is different but in teh dental one theres a section that asks if youve applied to other health programs and if you got in etc, so I assumed they would know, also PA programs also use the same app portal so its all unclear to me.
Hi! idk if the AAMC app is different but in teh dental one theres a section that asks if youve applied to other health programs and if you got in etc, so I assumed they would know, also PA programs also use the same app portal so its all unclear to me.
I'm speaking from the perspective of MD programs. There isn't a section on that.
about 10-12 people have joined the groupme since May 1st. Haven't been looking at FB, might be more thereDid they say if any has happened so far? Just wondering since nothing was reported here.
I've been keeping an eye on the fb- around 7 people added since may 1 but then 7 left in the last week or so, making it hard to judge. groupme is probably more accurate, so thank you!about 10-12 people have joined the groupme since May 1st. Haven't been looking at FB, might be more there
throwaway11221
Full Member
aaaaand +35 ppl came out of nowhere...brutalI've been keeping an eye on the fb- around 7 people added since may 1 but then 7 left in the last week or so, making it hard to judge. groupme is probably more accurate, so thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aaaaand +35 ppl came out of nowhere...brutal
Every single one of those 35 were current med students, so it has nothing to do with the waitlist.
D
deleted785419
Hey I'm applying this cycle and wanted to know if everyone receives the 411 Feinberg email? The website says they only send it to people who they intend to interview.
I did. They did ultimately increase the aid, but not by much.I know this is a longshot but did anyone here try to ask for more aid (need or merit) from Northwestern last year? When they got back to you on April 30th, did they provide any?
Last edited:
Yes, you can negotiate to varied success, and even off the WL.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K