Stanford vs. Hopkins revisit weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dendritic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given that they fall on the same weekend (nice!), how are people deciding between them?

Members don't see this ad.

Party in Baltimore or California?

I am sure you meant "party in Baltimore or Palo Alto" (which is very different). And partying in Baltimore would definitely beat partying in Palo Alto anyway. I am choosing Hopkins. Their Second Look Week Ends are legendary.

April 7th

Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee Game
Dinner with Hopkins hosts
Duck Pin Bowling

April 8th

Discussion of "Genes to Society" Curriculum
Several presentations by big shots and a couple of Noble Prize Winners
Clinical Rounds
Multiple Interest Modules to choose from
Pickup Basketball Game
Night at Fell's Point or Movie Theater

April 9th

College Carnival
Tour of Baltimore
Dinner at Inner Harbor
Baltimore Orioles Game or Peabody Symphony Concert
Reed Hall Party (student dorms)

April 10th

G'bye

Members don't see this ad :)
Given that they fall on the same weekend (nice!), how are people deciding between them?

Well Cali would be nicer, but are you perfectly even on which school to go to? If you are not (which I suspect is more likely) then go to the one you think you are more interested in and leaning towards.. otherwise if you are totally split, go to the one that is closer / cheaper!

Clearly you should be going to Stanford. If for nothing else you get to see the med students make jerks of themselves in the talent show....plus it will be sunny, warm, and a group of us will partying it up at a mashup club in SF. And yes. There will be events on campus in Palo Alto, but it's not as if you guys will be deprived of your SF experience when you're here.

Irv Weissman usually gives a talk too. Google him. He's a god.

I'm biased though.

Clearly you should be going to Stanford. If for nothing else you get to see the med students make jerks of themselves in the talent show....plus it will be sunny, warm, and a group of us will partying it up at a mashup club in SF. And yes. There will be events on campus in Palo Alto, but it's not as if you guys will be deprived of your SF experience when you're here.

Irv Weissman usually gives a talk too. Google him. He's a god.

I'm biased though.

I don't think I am going to fly across the country just to see med students make jerks of themselves. And for sunny and warm, I'd rather go to Florida, not California...

Come on mdeast, you could do better than that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.