-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
When do u think they will give results for those who interviewed in January?
officefan123
Full Member
Did any WL folks get the door dash gift card?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that 🙁 If you don't mind sharing, were you MSTP or regular MD?Waitlist email over the weekend- interviewed 12/2. Congrats to everyone that got in, and good luck to those still waiting! I was just thrilled they wanted to interview me at all, so not feeling too disappointed 🙂
YesDid any WL folks get the door dash gift card?
whatplsdoc
Full Member
One person said they did a couple pages ago.Anyone get post-ii rejected?
officefan123
Full Member
Anyone think As are going out today?
Anyone think As are going out today?
I hope so 🥺🥺🥺🥺
D
deleted1014383
Good Luck!Anyone think As are going out today?
Hey, yeah I’m in it rn!Anyone doing SUMMA tomorrow?
officefan123
Full Member
Is that for only accepted students?Hey, yeah I’m in it rn!
No it’s open to anyone, not just aspiring MD’s. It’s a premed conference that aims to expose students to the medical fieldIs that for only accepted students?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! First time posting here! Hope everyone's cycle has been successful so far! Has any January MD interviewees hear back yet? Thanks!
I'm still waiting for the December results. As far as I've seen, they've only gotten back to people who have interviewed up to December 2. Love your hamster pic btw 🐛Hi! First time posting here! Hope everyone's cycle has been successful so far! Has any January MD interviewees hear back yet? Thanks!
Ahhh got it! Thanks for responding! Do you mind sharing when your interview date was? I interviewed in late jan so I'm just trying to mentally prepare 🥲 also thanks lol He is adorableI'm still waiting for the December results. As far as I've seen, they've only gotten back to people who have interviewed up to December 2. Love your hamster pic btw 🐛
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
Also interviewed late jan! haven't received a decisionAhhh got it! Thanks for responding! Do you mind sharing when your interview date was? I interviewed in late jan so I'm just trying to mentally prepare 🥲 also thanks lol He is adorable
officefan123
Full Member
Does anyone know from previous years what day of the week they typically do A calls?
Nah not yetHi! First time posting here! Hope everyone's cycle has been successful so far! Has any January MD interviewees hear back yet? Thanks!
bananamed21
New Member
Waitlisted interviewed 12/04
orangutan16
New Member
Waitlisted last night around 21:30 EST. Interviewed 12/04
So how many people do we think might come off the waitlist? Could COVID make there be more movement? I've been looking through old threads and its really hard to get an idea of how much movement is normal.
D
deleted1014383
Stanford's yield last year was about 50% and they accepted around 160 people. Class size is only 90, so if had to guess, it would be like 15-20 people tops get off the waitlist. The waitlist is around 300ish people I'm pretty sure, based on them interviewing 500 applicants, so it's a ~5% odds. I think, at this point, COVID isn't affecting odds for waitlist movement; even though second look is virtual, I doubt any appreciable population will turn it down based on that alone. I'm not sure how else COVID would affect people choosing not to accept their offers. However, it certainly affected interview chances, as they sent II later than usual and a fewer percent of people got them due to increased applications due to the MCAT being optional. Regardless, good luck!So how many people do we think might come off the waitlist? Could COVID make there be more movement? I've been looking through old threads and its really hard to get an idea of how much movement is normal.
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
OK Interviewed late Jan. I think acceptance comes in March! V nervous because of rolling admissions
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
Does anyone know when results come out in March is it early or late March?
whatplsdoc
Full Member
Hmm are you sure March? Do you think that means mid December interviews would fall into that group or February?OK Interviewed late Jan. I think acceptance comes in March! V nervous because of rolling admissions
D
deleted1014383
March is when a lot of the other heavy hitter schools release. I'm also super nervous! I'd anticipate early March since don't we have to decide on 3 schools by the start of April?
medhopeful4736292
New Member
I think we'll hear back before March 15th on whether were accepted. Schools should ideally have their class selected by then, and then waitlist movement happens after that.
Got this from AMCAS --> "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."
Got this from AMCAS --> "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
officefan123
Full Member
Anyone else feeling like today might be an A day? lol
Honestly not expecting anything till the 26th tbh.Anyone else feeling like today might be an A day? lol
officefan123
Full Member
Haha curious on why you think it won't be until the 26th?Honestly not expecting anything till the 26th tbh.
Since the first batch was October/November, I think the next batch will be December/January. Since the interview dates were late Jan (when I interviewed) I’d give them about a month for decisions on those candidates. Hence late February. Just a theory, I’ve been so anxious to hear back haha so I’d love to stand corrected.Haha curious on why you think it won't be until the 26th?
I emailed admissions asking if they accept LOI’s and they said they do not. But maybe that’s cuz I’m way too far down on the WL lol. Someone else should ask to corroborate this.Is anyone who was waitlisted sending an LOI?
D
deleted1014383
Heard this during my interview too about no letters.I emailed admissions asking if they accept LOI’s and they said they do not. But maybe that’s cuz I’m way too far down on the WL lol. Someone else should ask to corroborate this.
I missed an acceptance call from a different school and they at least left a voicemail lol, I’d hope they’d do they same for something so important.Well, I missed a no caller id call yesterday at 8:40 pm est. Kind of nervous lmao, anyone hear anything? For those that missed their calls, how long before an email? Honestly it was prob a random call
Does this apply for update letters too? Like they just want zero correspondence?I emailed admissions asking if they accept LOI’s and they said they do not. But maybe that’s cuz I’m way too far down on the WL lol. Someone else should ask to corroborate this.
They didn’t explicitly mention anything about update letters, but based on what we were told during our interview, I’m assuming no if we’re more than 2 weeks out from the interview date.Does this apply for update letters too? Like they just want zero correspondence?
Just got an A call. Turns out my missed Friday call was from Stanford (fortunately they called again). Interviewed 12/9Well, I missed a no caller id call yesterday at 8:40 pm est. Kind of nervous lmao, anyone hear anything? For those that missed their calls, how long before an email? Honestly it was prob a random call
Congratulations!! Glad they called back!Just got an A call. Turns out my missed Friday call was from Stanford (fortunately they called again). Interviewed 12/9
officefan123
Full Member
Congrats! Looks like late Jan interview folks might be waiting till March at this rate lolJust got an A call. Turns out my missed Friday call was from Stanford (fortunately they called again). Interviewed 12/9
Y’all think they’re still sending out IIs?
D
deleted1014383
Maybe? In the application, I remember it asking our availability for interviews until February, but I'd be surprised if they still are this late into February.Y’all think they’re still sending out IIs?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whatplsdoc
Full Member
Do decisions only go out on fridays?We have survived another day. See y’all Friday.
Friday’s just went from my favorite day of the week to my most anxious day of the week
D
deleted1014383
Friday’s just went from my favorite day of the week to my most anxious day of the week
officefan123
Full Member
Were there any other interview dates between 12/9 to the week of 1/18?
Last edited: