2020-2021 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlist email over the weekend- interviewed 12/2. Congrats to everyone that got in, and good luck to those still waiting! I was just thrilled they wanted to interview me at all, so not feeling too disappointed :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist email over the weekend- interviewed 12/2. Congrats to everyone that got in, and good luck to those still waiting! I was just thrilled they wanted to interview me at all, so not feeling too disappointed :)
Sorry to hear that :( If you don't mind sharing, were you MSTP or regular MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! First time posting here! Hope everyone's cycle has been successful so far! Has any January MD interviewees hear back yet? Thanks!

Hi! First time posting here! Hope everyone's cycle has been successful so far! Has any January MD interviewees hear back yet? Thanks!
I'm still waiting for the December results. As far as I've seen, they've only gotten back to people who have interviewed up to December 2. Love your hamster pic btw 🐛

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting for the December results. As far as I've seen, they've only gotten back to people who have interviewed up to December 2. Love your hamster pic btw 🐛
Ahhh got it! Thanks for responding! Do you mind sharing when your interview date was? I interviewed in late jan so I'm just trying to mentally prepare 🥲 also thanks lol He is adorable

Waitlisted last night around 21:30 EST. Interviewed 12/04

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
So how many people do we think might come off the waitlist? Could COVID make there be more movement? I've been looking through old threads and its really hard to get an idea of how much movement is normal.

So how many people do we think might come off the waitlist? Could COVID make there be more movement? I've been looking through old threads and its really hard to get an idea of how much movement is normal.
Stanford's yield last year was about 50% and they accepted around 160 people. Class size is only 90, so if had to guess, it would be like 15-20 people tops get off the waitlist. The waitlist is around 300ish people I'm pretty sure, based on them interviewing 500 applicants, so it's a ~5% odds. I think, at this point, COVID isn't affecting odds for waitlist movement; even though second look is virtual, I doubt any appreciable population will turn it down based on that alone. I'm not sure how else COVID would affect people choosing not to accept their offers. However, it certainly affected interview chances, as they sent II later than usual and a fewer percent of people got them due to increased applications due to the MCAT being optional. Regardless, good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
March is when a lot of the other heavy hitter schools release. I'm also super nervous! I'd anticipate early March since don't we have to decide on 3 schools by the start of April?

I think we'll hear back before March 15th on whether were accepted. Schools should ideally have their class selected by then, and then waitlist movement happens after that.

Got this from AMCAS --> "By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

Haha curious on why you think it won't be until the 26th?
Since the first batch was October/November, I think the next batch will be December/January. Since the interview dates were late Jan (when I interviewed) I’d give them about a month for decisions on those candidates. Hence late February. Just a theory, I’ve been so anxious to hear back haha so I’d love to stand corrected.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone who was waitlisted sending an LOI?
I emailed admissions asking if they accept LOI’s and they said they do not. But maybe that’s cuz I’m way too far down on the WL lol. Someone else should ask to corroborate this.

• Sad
I emailed admissions asking if they accept LOI’s and they said they do not. But maybe that’s cuz I’m way too far down on the WL lol. Someone else should ask to corroborate this.
Heard this during my interview too about no letters.

Well, I missed a no caller id call yesterday at 8:40 pm est. Kind of nervous lmao, anyone hear anything? For those that missed their calls, how long before an email? Honestly it was prob a random call

Well, I missed a no caller id call yesterday at 8:40 pm est. Kind of nervous lmao, anyone hear anything? For those that missed their calls, how long before an email? Honestly it was prob a random call
I missed an acceptance call from a different school and they at least left a voicemail lol, I’d hope they’d do they same for something so important.

Does this apply for update letters too? Like they just want zero correspondence?

Does this apply for update letters too? Like they just want zero correspondence?
They didn’t explicitly mention anything about update letters, but based on what we were told during our interview, I’m assuming no if we’re more than 2 weeks out from the interview date.

Just got an A call. Turns out my missed Friday call was from Stanford (fortunately they called again). Interviewed 12/9

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Just got an A call. Turns out my missed Friday call was from Stanford (fortunately they called again). Interviewed 12/9
Congrats! Looks like late Jan interview folks might be waiting till March at this rate lol

Friday’s just went from my favorite day of the week to my most anxious day of the week

Reactions: 2 users
Were there any other interview dates between 12/9 to the week of 1/18?

Last edited: