2020-2021 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what is WL movement like historically for Stanford?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve heard it’s pretty variable year to year. Some years there’s been reports of zero, some years as many as fifty.

Reactions: 1 user
Saw two more people joined the Facebook group, so the waitlist is moving already?

I feel like there’s already been movement but it’s so little that it hasn’t been posted on here.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone wanna take on for the team and ask the Facebook page if anyone there was off of WL :)

Reactions: 1 users
Really hoping someone hears something soon bc I have to CTE elsewhere by Friday 🥺 never expected to be WL here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Saw two more people joined the Facebook group, so the waitlist is moving already?
Those are current students. No new students have been added to the FB group since Apr 30th. Hope everyone hears good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone not to be a party pooper, but I emailed admissions today and they told me that "at this point, we are unlikely to go to the waitlist". So I'm not sure how likely that is to change as the days go on but as of now it seems like they arent going to pull people off of the WL

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11 users
Hey everyone not to be a party pooper, but I emailed admissions today and they told me that "at this point, we are unlikely to go to the waitlist". So I'm not sure how likely that is to change as the days go on but as of now it seems like they arent going to pull people off of the WL
Ah I really hope you’re messing with us. My hearts shattered in so many pieces. Has it ever happened that they wouldn’t take off the waitlist?

• Sad
I’m shocked… how can they take no one off the WL :(
Perhaps the yield is significantly higher than it usually is. I was actually expecting it to potentially be a bit worse than usual because of COVID, but the opposite might also have happened unfortunately.

• Sad
Lol, I wish I was messing w you. I heard some years they take 50ppl some years none at all. He did say "at this point" which means It is also possible that it is just too early for movement right now and there will be some later on, like in June? Imma just take it as an R at this point and move on w my life tho.

anyway hope everyone hears some good news soon🤞

• Care
Thanks for emailing, Baker4life. I kind of expected that response given how quiet it's been on this forum. Who knows, maybe there will be some movement later this month or June. Now time to for me to shoot for that Stanford residency 😁

FYI, last year WL rejections came on May 18 at 10:15pm ET ish...I look forward to refreshing my email with you all tonight.

Wow no waitlist movement this year... crazy. Even Harvard had WL movement.

Anyone still waiting? Perhaps this is just going to be a slow trickle of Rs until a massive wave?

WL -> R.

Attachments

• giphy (3).gif
    giphy (3).gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 93
  • Care
Just to confirm (someone basically already posted about this), someone I know who has connections to Stanford Med admissions said that Stanford accepted a good amount of people this year in anticipation of many of them not committing, but a lot of them ended up accepting the offer. So there's no need to go to the waitlist this year, pretty much. Although if that's true why not just reject all of the waitlisted applicants right off the bat? The waiting game sucks :confused:

• Care
  • Wow
So does that mean everyone in the WL has been rejected? Anyone on the WL still standing? lol

On the waitlist, and just missed a call from an unknown caller. People on this thread have said that acceptance offers were made from an unknown caller? Slightly optimistic..

• Wow
If you were waitlisted then rejected for Stanford PSTP and MD programs, will they take this into consideration if I apply there for residency/masters programs (for research) ?

If you were waitlisted then rejected for Stanford PSTP and MD programs, will they take this into consideration if I apply there for residency/masters programs (for research) ?
doubt it; very much doubt med school admissions really talks to any of the individual departments or residency programs unless you did something really crazy like rant about jews or something at your interview