You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
what is WL movement like historically for Stanford?
I think its like 30 people a cycle? dont quote me on that
Just curious where did you get this from and how true potentially is this?I think its like 30 people a cycle? dont quote me on that
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it came up previously on this threadJust curious where did you get this from and how true potentially is this?
I’ve heard it’s pretty variable year to year. Some years there’s been reports of zero, some years as many as fifty.
D
deleted1093251
I’ve heard it’s pretty variable year to year. Some years there’s been reports of zero, some years as many as fifty.
I guess Harvard has had some Wl movement so I would assume Stanford is approx the same... there’s been some rumbling in their pageI’ve heard it’s pretty variable year to year. Some years there’s been reports of zero, some years as many as fifty.
Maybe they are previously accepted students just joining?Saw two more people joined the Facebook group, so the waitlist is moving already?
I feel like there’s already been movement but it’s so little that it hasn’t been posted on here.
mindstirfry
Full Member
how many people are there in the group chat/facebook?
Any news on WL movement? Seems super quiet.
Someone wanna take on for the team and ask the Facebook page if anyone there was off of WL 🙂
Those are current students. No new students have been added to the FB group since Apr 30th. Hope everyone hears good news soon!Saw two more people joined the Facebook group, so the waitlist is moving already?
officefan123
Full Member
You are an angel thank you!!Those are current students. No new students have been added to the FB group since Apr 30th. Hope everyone hears good news soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone not to be a party pooper, but I emailed admissions today and they told me that "at this point, we are unlikely to go to the waitlist". So I'm not sure how likely that is to change as the days go on but as of now it seems like they arent going to pull people off of the WL
sheeeeesh
Full Member
Ah I really hope you’re messing with us. My hearts shattered in so many pieces. Has it ever happened that they wouldn’t take off the waitlist?Hey everyone not to be a party pooper, but I emailed admissions today and they told me that "at this point, we are unlikely to go to the waitlist". So I'm not sure how likely that is to change as the days go on but as of now it seems like they arent going to pull people off of the WL
officefan123
Full Member
I’m shocked… how can they take no one off the WL 🙁Ah I really hope you’re messing with us. My hearts shattered in so many pieces. Has it ever happened that they wouldn’t take off the waitlist?
Perhaps the yield is significantly higher than it usually is. I was actually expecting it to potentially be a bit worse than usual because of COVID, but the opposite might also have happened unfortunately.I’m shocked… how can they take no one off the WL 🙁
Lol, I wish I was messing w you. I heard some years they take 50ppl some years none at all. He did say "at this point" which means It is also possible that it is just too early for movement right now and there will be some later on, like in June? Imma just take it as an R at this point and move on w my life tho.
anyway hope everyone hears some good news soon🤞
Thanks for emailing, Baker4life. I kind of expected that response given how quiet it's been on this forum. Who knows, maybe there will be some movement later this month or June. Now time to for me to shoot for that Stanford residency 😁
officefan123
Full Member
Does any accepted student know Stanford commit to enroll deadline? 🥺
Does any accepted student know Stanford commit to enroll deadline? 🥺
It's July 15th, or May 30th for those doing LDHP. They encourage people to commit before then though
D
deleted1093251
Wow no waitlist movement this year... crazy. Even Harvard had WL movement.
Harvard has a larger class. California schools in general are very competitive.Wow no waitlist movement this year... crazy. Even Harvard had WL movement.
Just got R off the waitlist RIPHarvard has a larger class. California schools in general are very competitive.
+1Just got R off the waitlist RIP
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting... pls stanford put me out of my miseryAnyone still waiting? Perhaps this is just going to be a slow trickle of Rs until a massive wave?
D
deleted1093251
Gah! ButtholesWL -> R.
Just to confirm (someone basically already posted about this), someone I know who has connections to Stanford Med admissions said that Stanford accepted a good amount of people this year in anticipation of many of them not committing, but a lot of them ended up accepting the offer. So there's no need to go to the waitlist this year, pretty much. Although if that's true why not just reject all of the waitlisted applicants right off the bat? The waiting game sucks 😕
officefan123
Full Member
So does that mean everyone in the WL has been rejected? Anyone on the WL still standing? lol
yeah i'm still waiting but idk why they won't just reject at this pointSo does that mean everyone in the WL has been rejected? Anyone on the WL still standing? lol
@diazoniumsalt are you ORM or URM?
helloshelder
Full Member
On the waitlist, and just missed a call from an unknown caller. People on this thread have said that acceptance offers were made from an unknown caller? Slightly optimistic..
officefan123
Full Member
Soooo did they call back?? Fingers crossed for you!On the waitlist, and just missed a call from an unknown caller. People on this thread have said that acceptance offers were made from an unknown caller? Slightly optimistic..
doubt it; very much doubt med school admissions really talks to any of the individual departments or residency programs unless you did something really crazy like rant about jews or something at your interviewIf you were waitlisted then rejected for Stanford PSTP and MD programs, will they take this into consideration if I apply there for residency/masters programs (for research) ?
officefan123
Full Member
Guessing no more WL movement… lol