2008-2009 Tufts Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that, does anyone know if they send out one mass rejection...I know there is practically zero chance at this time but just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that, does anyone know if they send out one mass rejection...I know there is practically zero chance at this time but just curious.

Wondering the same thing, as I haven't heard a peep from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
:( That really sucks Jcampbell. ((hugs)) I hope something else works out for you.
bummer, oh well, I graduate from PA school in May, looks like I need to find a job now!

Were you guys post or pre-interview?

status page? forgive my ignorance, but i didn't think a status page existed past submission of the secondary. would love to know if i'm mistaken.

Yes, I agree there is no status page.

I am pretty sure the status page updates when you get an invite. Does it change if you get the rejection in the email?

https://www.oasprod3.com/Schools/TUFTSSOM/Login.aspx

When you log in there is a status icon on the left side. Not sure if it is ever updated but mine says "Application Complete" "There are no messages at this time". If that page doesn't change, where is it that one sees the offer for an interview?

OH! I completely forgot about the status page. My mistake. I don't think the update final responses there though.

I am pretty sure the status page updates when you get an invite. Does it change if you get the rejection in the email?

Yeah, that was my original question, because I didn't get said email that people were talking about, but it seems like things are pretty much over.

interviews and everything after that is by email. the status page becomes obsolete.

Members don't see this ad :)
but yeah, your page does change when you get an invite: "congratulations on being selected..." blah blah blah

so I got the rejection email pre-interview....the status page didn't change, the status says no messages at this time.

Well gosh, so Tufts sent out a bunch of rejections, but it still left a bunch of us in limbo, even as their interview season is practically over. I wish they'd reject me already so I could forget about them (of course, an interview would be better, but at this point it's very unlikely).

I was wondering if anyone knew how many positions there are for this program? I feel like I saw this information once, but cannot find it at present.

Well gosh, so Tufts sent out a bunch of rejections, but it still left a bunch of us in limbo, even as their interview season is practically over. I wish they'd reject me already so I could forget about them (of course, an interview would be better, but at this point it's very unlikely).

I'm clearly going to get rejected....I don't know why they would wait this long. It hurts more when your alma mater rejects you....I was hoping for an interview just out of respect. I'm cutting all ties with the school

c6425b5ea472d08848c6aec2ab09ca93ba12e3a.gif

I'm clearly going to get rejected....I don't know why they would wait this long. It hurts more when your alma mater rejects you....I was hoping for an interview just out of respect. I'm cutting all ties with the school

I feel for you, I got rejected pre-interview from my alma mater GW. I also have yet to hear from Tufts, and I hope it's not a silent rejection.

Rejected pre-interview by email. This one stings even though I'm almost positive interviews are done going out.

what time was the email this morning, do you think they will send them in batches today?

i spoke with admissions this morning.... she said basically if you do not hear from them by the end of the week for an invitation, than an e-mail or letter should be going out to you to notify you of "closing" your account with the school.

I guess that's a nice way of telling me that I was rejected.

Good luck everybody.

Rejection email this morning, too. Happy St. Patty's! :(

Rejection email this morning, too. Happy St. Patty's! :(

Did anybody else find amusement at the attachment that contained Mr. Slavin's signature? If they had included a letterhead, we could have printed it out and pretended we got a real letter!

sigh, there goes that one

Got rejected from the Maine Track, is the school rejection coming soon? :( (post-interview)

Not that I'm expecting otherwise (I already have TUSM down as a silent rejection), but... if they aren't interviewing any more people, why haven't I received a rejection yet? I think they are just doing it in waves, is all.

Any Maine Track applicants, and specifically Maine residents (not those who just went to college in Maine) heard anything recently?

Any Maine Track applicants, and specifically Maine residents (not those who just went to college in Maine) heard anything recently?

Not yet, but I only interviewed in mid-Feb @ MMC and early March @ Tufts. I think I'm due to hear by early April. I'm really excited about the program though... hope to get some good news soon! :thumbup: Good luck!

Hi! I have a room for rent in a 3 bedroom apartment in the Metropolitan (literally next to the Tufts Med buildings...you'll absolutely love this when you have early morning classes and exams, or if you just want to run home between classes). I'm moving back to CA for school and would ideally like to have the room rented starting June 1st (date negotiable). The lease would go until the following August 31st. The rent is $1175 and utilities run about $50 a month. The other two roommates are both Tufts Med students (a 2nd year and an incoming 1st year). The apartment is huge, laundry in the building, concierge downstairs, and very very close to school. Please let me know if you're interested!

(Addition to the above post)...My roommates are looking female roommate to move in.

Hi,
Any idea when Tufts should be notifying ACs and people interviewed recently about ad com decisions?
Thanks,

Hi,
Any idea when Tufts should be notifying ACs and people interviewed recently about ad com decisions?
Thanks,

If my interviewer's question wasn't completely hypothetical, the next ad com meeting is April 7th, so we'll hear after that.

My uncle is clinical faculty at Tufts, and he said he spoke to some colleagues on the adcom, and seems to think that AC decisions will be made in the first week of May.:mad: Here's to losing another year off my life!

Hi everyone! Anyone waiting on a decision from the Tufts-Maine Track Program should have a better idea after next Tuesday (4/7). I just spoke with Vanessa Green (coordinator for interviews at Maine Med) and she said that Dr. Bob Bing-You goes to Tufts then to present the candidates to Tufts and they start making decisions. :xf: Good luck to all!

So i just about got a heart attack when i opened my e-mail to see "Message from Tufts"

...but alas, just a reminder to update my information. OMG!!! I think the adcom is meeting today or tomorrow. So, for those of us who are waiting, best of luck!

So i just about got a heart attack when i opened my e-mail to see "Message from Tufts"

...but alas, just a reminder to update my information. OMG!!! I think the adcom is meeting today or tomorrow. So, for those of us who are waiting, best of luck!

haha, yeah, I was confused for a moment because they're meeting tomorrow. It seems like so far most acceptances have gotten a phone call, or am I mistaken? I don't want to have to wait till Friday or so for a letter to be sure what's happened to me.

Same thing happened to me ... good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hey guys. I interviewed in Nov, and was put on AC since then. After I got the message saying to update my info, there was an 11 day lag before I got an email about a decision...just to let you know, so you dont get your hopes up about a decisions coming out soon.

Anyone else been on AC for a while too?

Hey guys. I interviewed in Nov, and was put on AC since then. After I got the message saying to update my info, there was an 11 day lag before I got an email about a decision...just to let you know, so you dont get your hopes up about a decisions coming out soon.

Anyone else been on AC for a while too?

Interviewed in December, still on AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.