You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Tulane Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
i finally got my complete email a few days ago. hopefully i hear something back soon.🙂
When did you submit/send letters?
that was my md app from last year.
This year my cgpa is at a 2.98.. yes a little lower than the previous year since AMCAS calculated it wrong last year.
As for my extracurriculars.. yes, I would say that it is definitely my strong point! PM me if you need more info!
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they make you send it in electronically. I tried walking my update letter straight to the admissions office, but they told me to email it instead. They had me email it to Ms. Vargas, but I'm not sure if that's still the case so I would call just to make sure.
So check it out, virtual evals sent out my letters 9/11 and Tulane still has not downloaded them. I've spoken with Suzanna Vargas (who is really nice) twice and she says that it is likely they have been sent but have not yet been entered. Has anyone else had such an experience? All my other schools posted my letters rather promptly, 2-3 weeks max.
It seems like a lot of people are asking about how long it is taking tulane to post letters of rec. I called yesterday and they said they were inputing letters received from the week of september 15th.. So they are about a month behind.
I wonder when the snail mail acceptance/wait list/rejection letter will come. I don't want to call because I'd like the joy of opening an envelope!
Susanna told me that the letter was mailed out on the 15th!
When did you submit/send letters?
LORS-sept 5th
Secondary app and fee- sept 18th
LORS-sept 5th
Secondary app and fee- sept 18th
did you email them to ask about it?
did you email them to ask about it?
well they FINALLY emailed me and told me that im complete so now i guess i wait a few more months to see if they want to interview me.

i haven't submitted my secondary yet. is it late in the process?
i'm from the texas thread, so submitting a secondary at this point is actually long past due.
i'm from the texas thread, so submitting a secondary at this point is actually long past due.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i haven't submitted my secondary yet. is it late in the process?
i'm from the texas thread, so submitting a secondary at this point is actually long past due.
i dont think so
okay thank you 🙂 *phew*
Crap. No letter today. Looks like I'm waiting until Monday assuming they even send one.
Question, I submitted my secondary months ago, but I never got a "complete" e-mail, I did get a payment confirmation... Did you guys get an e-mail specifically saying you were complete and under review?
same with me.
Question, I submitted my secondary months ago, but I never got a "complete" e-mail, I did get a payment confirmation... Did you guys get an e-mail specifically saying you were complete and under review?
no, i emailed them to see if i was complete. theres a certain time you can call TTh but i was never able to get through.
Question, I submitted my secondary months ago, but I never got a "complete" e-mail, I did get a payment confirmation... Did you guys get an e-mail specifically saying you were complete and under review?
yeah the phone is always busy when you try to call for a status check. i just sent an email and they got back to me like a few days later.
I never received an email saying I was complete. I paid but did not hear anything about my status until I called.
Same here.
I never received an email saying I was complete. I paid but did not hear anything about my status until I called.
oh man CALLING? that is brave. no joke i have probably called them 10 times, and every time i get to the end of that ridiculous menu and im like wait, what just happened. so then i just hang up and open my gmail hahaha
If I can remember correctly, I think I could literally fit 5 words in that box. I wrote something along the lines of: research and volunteering in NO. The admissions office said they were looking for a very brief description, but I don't think they realized that 5 words might be a little tough in describing one's last activities.
i emailed them to check my status. it took them 6 days to tell me i was complete...no, i emailed them to see if i was complete. theres a certain time you can call TTh but i was never able to get through.
oh man CALLING? that is brave. no joke i have probably called them 10 times, and every time i get to the end of that ridiculous menu and im like wait, what just happened. so then i just hang up and open my gmail hahaha
Ha ha. If you wait for a little while after the menu the phone starts ringing and the admissions office picks up. You can check your status with them.
I sent Tulane an emailing asking whether my application was complete, and I received an email back from the school in a week.
I have been complete for about a month now.
Do you guys know when people usually hear back from Tulane, whether you're invited or rejected?
Is Tulane the "silent-treatment" type of school?
I am OOS, and I'm not sure what the school's reputation is about application processing..
But I see on the SDN forums that people are receiving interview invites these days.. so I'm not really sure what's going on with my application
I have been complete for about a month now.
Do you guys know when people usually hear back from Tulane, whether you're invited or rejected?
Is Tulane the "silent-treatment" type of school?
I am OOS, and I'm not sure what the school's reputation is about application processing..
But I see on the SDN forums that people are receiving interview invites these days.. so I'm not really sure what's going on with my application
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear All,
I feel a bit foolish but I'm having a hard time navigating through their application. I see these little arrows on top but I have no idea where the questions are/what I'm suppose to answer. Can anyone help?
Thanks!!
I had the same problem. There's an edit button you need to hit (top left of the application?) that will re-display the application with the questions. It's in the directions, but I missed it the first time.
I think it is to the left of your name. EDIT: It is the paper and pencil Icon to the left of your AMCAS ID.
Last edited:
Anybody have a URL for Tulane's secondary app? I added them to my AMCAS two weeks ago, and still no secondary. When I called today, they said, "Oh no, it hasn't been long enough yet," but they had no idea how long it was likely to be.
I'd just like to get the thing DONE already. I noticed that the secondary websites for some other schools would allow students to log in, even if they hadn't received an email yet. (You just had to have an AMCAS ID number.) I don't know if Tulane's site works that way, but I'd like to give it a try just in case.
I'd just like to get the thing DONE already. I noticed that the secondary websites for some other schools would allow students to log in, even if they hadn't received an email yet. (You just had to have an AMCAS ID number.) I don't know if Tulane's site works that way, but I'd like to give it a try just in case.
Anybody have a URL for Tulane's secondary app? I added them to my AMCAS two weeks ago, and still no secondary. When I called today, they said, "Oh no, it hasn't been long enough yet," but they had no idea how long it was likely to be.
I'd just like to get the thing DONE already. I noticed that the secondary websites for some other schools would allow students to log in, even if they hadn't received an email yet. (You just had to have an AMCAS ID number.) I don't know if Tulane's site works that way, but I'd like to give it a try just in case.
You have a unique password, sorry that won't work.
Nada since completion in the middle of August 🙁
Me too. C'est la vie.
i finally got my complete email a few days ago. hopefully i hear something back soon.🙂
I'm sure I'm asking again, but when did you submit your secondary?
ugh. this is so frustrating. I've been complete since last month and no word.
I was complete pretty early too... except I forgot to send my LORs by VirtualEval... Ooops.
So I ended up being complete in September. GRRRR.
So I ended up being complete in September. GRRRR.
Anybody who interviewed Sept 26th or later receive word of acceptance/rejection/waitlist yet?
Anybody who interviewed Sept 26th or later receive word of acceptance/rejection/waitlist yet?
Yep, I interviewed 9/29 and got my acceptance packet in snail mail on 10/17. I know someone called and was told, and I know someone else got notice of waitlist. So I'm sure they could tell you if you called.
Does Tulane send an email to say your file is complete? I think I remember calling back in July and hearing someone at the Admissions Office saying that I was complete. But, I never received an email. I hope they weren't joking...

I'm sure I'm asking again, but when did you submit your secondary?
september 17th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't want to call! I want to open up some sweet mail.Yep, I interviewed 9/29 and got my acceptance packet in snail mail on 10/17. I know someone called and was told, and I know someone else got notice of waitlist. So I'm sure they could tell you if you called.
Did the person waitlisted get it in the mail?I don't want to call! I want to open up some sweet mail.Did the person waitlisted get it in the mail?

I did the same thing haha.. I'm not sure, it was olemissbabydoc (formerly GradU8in2003) on here, so you could ask her.Also, to those wondering: I never got a complete e-mail from Tulane, although drelizabeth said she did. If you call and they say you're complete, you're fine.
september 17th.
geez louise.
Hey
I interviewed on Sept 29th as well and received my letter on Oct 20th (I live in NYC, mail takes a while)
I didn't get a complete email, but they also 'lost' my file and couldn't find my payment. I had to call the credit card company to pull up my statement!
BUT, at the end of the day, I got interviewed and accepted.
So, don't worry about it, but do make sure that you follow up on what's going on!
PM if you have questions!
** I am so happy with Tulane. I hope to start a Class of Tulane 2013 thread soon (in a month or two when people hear back)!!!
I interviewed on Sept 29th as well and received my letter on Oct 20th (I live in NYC, mail takes a while)
I didn't get a complete email, but they also 'lost' my file and couldn't find my payment. I had to call the credit card company to pull up my statement!
BUT, at the end of the day, I got interviewed and accepted.
So, don't worry about it, but do make sure that you follow up on what's going on!
PM if you have questions!
** I am so happy with Tulane. I hope to start a Class of Tulane 2013 thread soon (in a month or two when people hear back)!!!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K