2008-2009 Tulane Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the secondary at the end of August....never received a complete e-mail. Tried to call multiple times for a status check and couldn't get through. I work at the med school...so I walked over to the admissions office and asked and I've been complete since September. I really want to go to Tulane.....at this point I'm ready to put on my interview suit, march over the admissions office and demand an interview :)

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like I'm waitlisted. I had to call because I found out somebody else has been getting some of my mail lately. The office told me they mailed a letter on 10/16 and that I was on the "acceptance range", which is their fancy wording for the waitlist. Movement won't happen until March.

Disappointed, but not too much since I know I stand little chance of going there. $70k+ a year is too much.

Is the secondary application website down for anyone else? I can't seem to access the link they submitted in the email about the secondary. I didn't miss some sort of a deadline did I?:confused: If there is a new secondary site, can someone post or PM the link? I know I'm kinda late, but I figure I should still at least try to apply. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I really wish they'd just tell me I was complete at least. It's been nearly 2 months since I submitted.

I really wish they'd just tell me I was complete at least. It's been nearly 2 months since I submitted.

i submitted august 14th! so it's been nearly three months for me :(

I submitted the very beginning of september and called to see what my status was in the first week of october. They said I had been complete since ~2 weeks after I submitted and that I should hear something within the next few weeks. As of today, nothing.

for those who interviewed already, does anyone know when they're going to contact us about decisions? i thought they said on interview day between 1 and 2 weeks after interview... but it's been past that for me

Umm...Why don't I have an interview from this school yet? GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

This is the school I put the most effort into probably.

I got my acceptance 3weeks and 1day after my interview... don't be nervous cuz it will be 1 paper width thick.... good luck! It's a great school! :D

Interview invite this morning! 12/1.

I submitted the very beginning of september and called to see what my status was in the first week of october. They said I had been complete since ~2 weeks after I submitted and that I should hear something within the next few weeks. As of today, nothing.

Is is a silent rejection?

I was accepted 1.5 weeks post interview (by e-mail).

Members don't see this ad :)
ohh...no This was one of the schools that never sent me a complete status. So for my MDapps I just selected a date that was before my interview invitation.

when were you complete?

Is Tulane's application down for anyone else?

question answered above

Last edited:
I called during their 9-2 Central Time Tuesday and Thursday application check hours (just wait until the phone tree finishes and it will put you through to a person) and I've been complete since October 8th. I gather I still have quite a ways to go before I hear any sort of decision. Anybody else complete around the same time hear anything yet? I think the waiting is probably the most difficult part of the application process.

I called during their 9-2 Central Time Tuesday and Thursday application check hours (just wait until the phone tree finishes and it will put you through to a person) and I've been complete since October 8th. I gather I still have quite a ways to go before I hear any sort of decision. Anybody else complete around the same time hear anything yet? I think the waiting is probably the most difficult part of the application process.

I had called a few weeks ago (its somewhere in this thread) and they told me I was complete in September (check MD Apps for date) - but I submitted mid-August. I got an interview November 10th.

Have patience!

Whew, I don't suggest calling after 2 for a status check if you don't want to be snapped on. I wasn't aware they stopped at that time.... Yikes:eek:

does tulane do email or snail mail invites?

Does their secondary website frequently have issues? I've tried to log into the secondary site for the past two days because I just wanted to check something about my application, but it produces a "Not Found" error. Can anyone else log in?

Accepted! Does anyone know how much scholarship aid Tulane gives out?

Does their secondary website frequently have issues? I've tried to log into the secondary site for the past two days because I just wanted to check something about my application, but it produces a "Not Found" error. Can anyone else log in?

This is the same thing I've noticed. I called in September and they said I was complete, but I'm getting nervous because I hear that they have "lost" people's applications in the past.... I might call again Tuesday. :oops:

We regret to inform you that your application will receive no further consideration for the class to enter the Tulane University School of Medicine in 2009. As you know the class is limited to 175 students,
and the available places do not go very far in accommodating the large number of highly qualified students who have applied to the Tulane University School of Medicine. We hope that you receive an acceptance to a medical school of your choice and that both success and happiness will be yours as
you continue your training.

if they really hoped that, they would have accepted me.

rejected. blahhh.

i think mine is on the way too, was this by email or mail? no news since august ...

oh really, weird. when were you complete or submitted your secondary application?

oh really, weird. when were you complete or submitted your secondary application?

complete august 11th.. just got the rejection EMAIL today. oh well, at least they told me so i dont have to wait around. too bad, tulane was one of my top choices too. (can anyone say debbie downer?)

i'm really sorry :( i sent my in aug 14th, so this will prepare me. i hope you find better luck with other schools!

We regret to inform you that your application will receive no further consideration for the class to enter the Tulane University School of Medicine in 2009. As you know the class is limited to 175 students,
and the available places do not go very far in accommodating the large number of highly qualified students who have applied to the Tulane University School of Medicine. We hope that you receive an acceptance to a medical school of your choice and that both success and happiness will be yours as
you continue your training.

if they really hoped that, they would have accepted me.

rejected. blahhh.

Aww Nellia, that sucks :( I think I remember you got accepted somewhere really good though already so don't let Tulane get you down.

Aww Nellia, that sucks :( I think I remember you got accepted somewhere really good though already so don't let Tulane get you down.

no acceptances yet but still not letting tulane get me down :D it's really their loss, obviously ! good luck to everyone else still waiting, i really hope you guys get better news than me !

no acceptances yet but still not letting tulane get me down :D it's really their loss, obviously ! good luck to everyone else still waiting, i really hope you guys get better news than me !

Ahh I guess I really killed that attempted condolence :oops: it must have been an interview I was thinking of.

Called today for a status check and was offered an interview 3 weeks from now!:D

Call if you haven't heard back yet!

Called today for a status check and was offered an interview 3 weeks from now!:D

Call if you haven't heard back yet!

really? over the phone?? when did you submit?

Complete 9/18 or possibly a little later! I called and the lady on the phone said my app had been reviewed and that I had been granted an interview but an e-mail hadnt been sent out to me yet.

I'm so stoked about Tulane! I've heard good things about the school

I've been complete since 8/24 so I figured I'd call and see if I could glean any information from them. But, not surprisingly, all they could tell me was that my application was complete. When asked if it had even been reviewed yet, all she said was, "All I know is that your application is complete, because that's all it says." I just love how informative admissions departments are...

Complete 9/18 or possibly a little later! I called and the lady on the phone said my app had been reviewed and that I had been granted an interview but an e-mail hadnt been sent out to me yet.

I'm so stoked about Tulane! I've heard good things about the school

congrats! you seem to be the ONLY person who has had luck by calling tulane.

I would definitely NOT call them. Very nice people in person. Terrible on the phone. One success is an aberration. But to each his own...

I've been complete since 8/24 so I figured I'd call and see if I could glean any information from them. But, not surprisingly, all they could tell me was that my application was complete. When asked if it had even been reviewed yet, all she said was, "All I know is that your application is complete, because that's all it says." I just love how informative admissions departments are...

:laugh: Called today! Got the same exact response!

Hmm...sorry guys if you aren't having the same luck. I have called once before like a month ago and got the infamous generic response many of you seem to be getting. When I called today, the lady on the phone started off a little lackluster just like I remember last time but when she found out that she could give me an interview, the conversation became a little bit more lively. Sorry to get hopes up!

Hmm...sorry guys if you aren't having the same luck. I have called once before like a month ago and got the infamous generic response many of you seem to be getting. When I called today, the lady on the phone started off a little lackluster just like I remember last time but when she found out that she could give me an interview, the conversation became a little bit more lively. Sorry to get hopes up!
congrats on the invite. Is this your second interview invite ?. Also which state are you from ?.

Last edited:
Hope to see someone on Monday! Its been a bit hectic getting everything together right after Thanksgiving, but I'm looking forward to the trip.

Can you all please tell me what number you have been calling? the one I tried several times never let me through and I am getting extremely frusterated! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.