You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008 - 2009 UNC Chapel Hill Secondary Application Thread
Started by ballerstatus666
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Well the adcom hasn't met recently. The first meeting since the holiday break will be this Monday.
Well the adcom hasn't met recently. The first meeting since the holiday break will be this Monday.
Ah, thank you. I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend with nothing to worry about, then.
What does everyone think about UNC and Wake Forest tomorrow??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think this year UNC is the better team, but I also think Wake Forest in more athletic...It has the makings of a good game, but the only problem is that Carolina is coming off a loss to BC so Wake is bound to get UNC at there best so if they dont come out with there A game, they can possibly be run out the gym.Ah, thank you. I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend with nothing to worry about, then.
What does everyone think about UNC and Wake Forest tomorrow??
I think this year UNC is the better team, but I also think Wake Forest in more athletic...It has the makings of a good game, but the only problem is that Carolina is coming off a loss to BC so Wake is bound to get UNC at there best so if they dont come out with there A game, they can possibly be run out the gym.
I hope you're right. I would have thought the first half against College of Charleston would have been a lot better given that it was the first time they played after the loss!!
OOS Applicant. Recd. news of Acceptance on 12/2/08 (this post is a little late coming) a little over 2 weeks after my interview. Am really excited because UNC was one of my first choice schools.
Do you think you'll end up at UNC?
OOS Applicant. Recd. news of Acceptance on 12/2/08 (this post is a little late coming) a little over 2 weeks after my interview. Am really excited because UNC was one of my first choice schools.
Idk Personally im pulling for Wake Forest, but a team like College of Charleston is hard to get motivated for no matter the circumstances.I hope you're right. I would have thought the first half against College of Charleston would have been a lot better given that it was the first time they played after the loss!!
Wait, aren't you going to UNC for med school? WTF?!?
🙂
🙂
Idk Personally im pulling for Wake Forest, but a team like College of Charleston is hard to get motivated for no matter the circumstances.
lol...good chance I am, but that doesnt mean i have to pull for the Tarheels!!!Wait, aren't you going to UNC for med school? WTF?!?
🙂
lol...good chance I am, but that doesnt mean i have to pull for the Tarheels!!!
🙄
This should not be allowed!
I think you'd be happier at another school! (maybe this is just because it would open up another spot -- hopefully for me! -- but that's beside the point!)
If you do go to UNC, I bet you become a fan.
🙂
anyone think acceptances will be handed out this week? 😳
anyone think acceptances will be handed out this week? 😳
I sure hope so!
anyone think acceptances will be handed out this week? 😳
I cannot even tell you how much I hope that they will be🙂 But even if they are, I probably won't hear back for awhile ahhh. Good luck to everyone!!



😍😍😍😍I cannot even tell you how much I hope that they will be🙂 But even if they are, I probably won't hear back for awhile ahhh. Good luck to everyone!!😍😍😍😍
dude you are a guy. chill with the girly symbols.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wake forest!?😉
Grrrr.
haha, i just wish I could pull up the 2008 NC thread...People called me crazy at the start of the season for saying the ACC champion had to go through Winston-Salem first.😉bleh, rough time tonight on the court, eh? ChubbyChaser no smirking!! 😉
haha, i just wish I could pull up the 2008 NC thread...People called me crazy at the start of the season for saying the ACC champion had to go through Winston-Salem first.😉
I believe I agreed with you. Wake is, hands down, the most athletic team in the ACC, possibly the country. I think they are going to win the ACC this year. Not expecting much out of them in the Tourney, but still - very good year for them.
I'm in-state and just recieved the secondary/interview request!! I was just wondering if anyone else had received an invite recently also and was aware of out far out the current interview dates are scheduling (early to late February)? Also any news on how full the current class is?
Congrats!!Got the call a little while ago. Looks like I'll be heading back to Chapel Hill for the next 4+ years 😀
For anyone who is interested, I'm in-state and interviewed the 2nd week in November
Good luck everyone!![]()
😀
Got the call a little while ago. Looks like I'll be heading to Chapel Hill for the next 4+ years 😀
For anyone who is interested, I'm in-state and interviewed the 2nd week in November
Good luck everyone!![]()
Congrats! Did your committee member call? If so, can you tell us who your committee member is?
Got the call a little while ago. Looks like I'll be heading to Chapel Hill for the next 4+ years 😀
For anyone who is interested, I'm in-state and interviewed the 2nd week in November
Good luck everyone!![]()
congrats patek! i'm really happy/envious for/of you. 🙂
Got the call a little while ago. Looks like I'll be heading to Chapel Hill for the next 4+ years 😀
For anyone who is interested, I'm in-state and interviewed the 2nd week in November
Good luck everyone!![]()
Congratulations Aladdin! I'm new to SDN, and I'm from NC>>so it's great to see folks getting positive results.🙂
Congratulations, let's hope the Tarheel Gods look down upon me, and other worthy candidates, in a couple weeks.
Thank you. Adcom rep was Dr. Slatkoff. She called and was extremely nice. I told her to speed it up for everyone else!
I know it's tough to wait, but like many people have said...most people get in in Jan & Feb so don't worry. I've been pretty stressed and its only been 2 months since my interview.
Good luck to everyone. Hope I see some of you in my class next year.
I know it's tough to wait, but like many people have said...most people get in in Jan & Feb so don't worry. I've been pretty stressed and its only been 2 months since my interview.
Good luck to everyone. Hope I see some of you in my class next year.
if we interviewed on dec. 9th, whats the estimated time that we should hear back?
It really can vary, depending upon your adcom member, the strength of your application, etc. But, I would think most people wait 6-8 weeks at least.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if we interviewed on dec. 9th, whats the estimated time that we should hear back?
I also interviewed on dec 9. Good luck!
By the way, I spoke with a friend who interviewed in the past week or so and he/she said that they were told at the interview that the class is only about 1/3 full (about 40-50 spots) right now.
Since most schools offer a good deal more spots than they actually have, I am not sure if they mean that (a)40-50 offers have gone out or if (b)more have gone out but they only expect 40-50 to be actually confirmed (I would think option "a").
Take that for what it's worth, but in my opinion, that is very good news for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet!
Since most schools offer a good deal more spots than they actually have, I am not sure if they mean that (a)40-50 offers have gone out or if (b)more have gone out but they only expect 40-50 to be actually confirmed (I would think option "a").
Take that for what it's worth, but in my opinion, that is very good news for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet!
By the way, I spoke with a friend who interviewed in the past week or so and he/she said that they were told at the interview that the class is only about 1/3 full (about 40-50 spots) right now.
Since most schools offer a good deal more spots than they actually have, I am not sure if they mean that (a)40-50 offers have gone out or if (b)more have gone out but they only expect 40-50 to be actually confirmed (I would think option "a").
Take that for what it's worth, but in my opinion, that is very good news for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet!
UNC does not have to offer a good deal more spots than they actually have to fill their class. According to USNews, for IS applicants, they made 180 offers and 136 enrolled. Just goes to show you how quality + price = irresistible. Thanks for letting us know how many seats have been filled, that helps calms my nerves.
dude you are a guy. chill with the girly symbols.![]()
dude, i'm a girl. you chill
hmm...has anyone from sep/oct not heard yet?
hmm...has anyone from sep/oct not heard yet?
Oct 6, no word
I feel like this doesn't bode well. 12+ weeks and counting. If 1/3 of the class is already filled, then do they fill quite a bit in late jan? I called yesterday and they said I should hear in a couple of weeks, which translates to....probably never.
dude, i'm a girl. you chill![]()
not according to your mdapps link that you took off 😛
someone was asking about interviews for late IS applicants - I think they're ALL full for Jan and some of Feb, too.
...but if you've got a good reason (like me - i'm flying back home to NC for a week from the other side of the planet for some interviews), they will try their best to accommodate to your schedule. Just get in touch with them ASAP. I emailed them last month immediately after I got the secondary explaining the situation. I'm interviewing on a thursday (not usually done), don't think anyone else has an interview on jan 29? if you do, get in touch with me!
oh AND if you get into UNC med, you MUST cheer for the heels, yes, you must!
...but if you've got a good reason (like me - i'm flying back home to NC for a week from the other side of the planet for some interviews), they will try their best to accommodate to your schedule. Just get in touch with them ASAP. I emailed them last month immediately after I got the secondary explaining the situation. I'm interviewing on a thursday (not usually done), don't think anyone else has an interview on jan 29? if you do, get in touch with me!
oh AND if you get into UNC med, you MUST cheer for the heels, yes, you must!
Last edited:
🙄
oh AND if you get into UNC med, you MUST cheer for the heels, yes, you must!
Hell no. If I got into Duke I'd give up my MD before cheering for the Blue Devils. And I'd expect any self-respecting Devils, Deacons, or Wolfpack fan to do the same if they went to UNC med and were expected to cheer for the Heels.
That said, go heels and please stop sucking.
Hell no. If I got into Duke I'd give up my MD before cheering for the Blue Devils. And I'd expect any self-respecting Devils, Deacons, or Wolfpack fan to do the same if they went to UNC med and were expected to cheer for the Heels.
That said, go heels and please stop sucking.
This is true. I think I'd have to go to Duke games in all out Carolina Blue! But then again...it's Carolina. You'll see the light Chubs 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, and good luck to all. I'm a parent of an IS student. He interviewed Oct. 6th. His Mom and I now have ulcers the size of ......(insert location here). Since 2/2/09 is a holiday anyone think we will hear something today, Tuesday? We are going on 16 weeks post interview.
Thanks!
Thanks!I'm confused.Hello, and good luck to all. I'm a parent of an IS student. He interviewed Oct. 6th. His Mom and I now have ulcers the size of ......(insert location here). Since 2/2/09 is a holiday anyone think we will hear something today, Tuesday? We are going on 16 weeks post interview.Thanks!
^ How,so?...Maybe I could clear things up for you.
Do you really think the adcom will not meet for groundhog day? According to the registrar's calendar, the school is open and operating on Feb 2nd. http://regweb.oit.unc.edu/calendars/academic_cal08-10.php
I wouldn't expect to hear anything today because the next adcom meeting is on Jan 26th.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.