You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008 - 2009 UNC Chapel Hill Secondary Application Thread
Started by ballerstatus666
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got the call!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna be a tarheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!
Ahh congrats! Would you mind letting us know your timeframe? (complete, interview, acceptance?) Are you in-state? Congrats again!!
Has anyone heard of any rejections being sent out?
I interviewed while back and I'm really curious as to how quickly they get back to their not-so-strong applicants.
I interviewed while back and I'm really curious as to how quickly they get back to their not-so-strong applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sure! Secondary complete Sept 5th, Interview October 20th, and early Christmas present for me! Good luck to everyone who's waiting! I hope I get to see you all in the fall 🙂![]()
do you mind posting your stats?
Why not. 27P, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 grad. Yes I'm in-state.
they called you today?
I just got the call today from my adcom rep - I'm in! I had gotten worried since I interviewed the last day in September.. so 2 and a half months ago. Best of luck to everyone else and don't worry if it takes them awhile - there is no automatic waitlist after a certain time, they keep bringing you up periodically!
what time did those who got accepted did you get the call? just curious
I've heard the most common time is Monday evening, but I heard back at 3pm on Tuesday. My boyfriend heard back at around 8 pm on a Monday last year but they had called him earlier and he missed it (around 6:30).
I've heard the most common time is Monday evening, but I heard back at 3pm on Tuesday. My boyfriend heard back at around 8 pm on a Monday last year but they had called him earlier and he missed it (around 6:30).
who was your adcom rep if you don't mind me asking
My adcom rep is out of town until February 1st. 😕 How does that work?
Don't you think this puts me at a pretty big disadvantage? I interviewed in November and they are out of town from 12/1/08-2/1/09. Does each adcom member get a certain number of acceptances from their own interviewee pool??
Don't you think this puts me at a pretty big disadvantage? I interviewed in November and they are out of town from 12/1/08-2/1/09. Does each adcom member get a certain number of acceptances from their own interviewee pool??
Rejected today. Not unexpected since I'm OOS.
Rejected today. Not unexpected since I'm OOS.
Ach I'm sorry! Pre or post interview?
My adcom rep is out of town until February 1st. 😕 How does that work?
Don't you think this puts me at a pretty big disadvantage? I interviewed in November and they are out of town from 12/1/08-2/1/09. Does each adcom member get a certain number of acceptances from their own interviewee pool??
Who was your adcom rep?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
who was your adcom rep if you don't mind me asking
Mine was Dr. Ursano.
Ach I'm sorry! Pre or post interview?
That would be Pre-interview. Good Luck!
Who was your adcom rep?
Dr. Slatkoff
It just makes no sense to me that they would have her do interviews then go out of town for two months. I feel like with rolling admissions it puts me at somewhat of a disadvantage. The only way it doesn't is if each interviewer "gets" a certain number of their interviewees accepted.
Mine was Dr. Ursano.
ok, congrats! I'm so jealous. Dr. Parker must hate me.
"Medical school proposal on hold"
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/421468.html
This is rather disappointing news.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/597/story/421468.html
This is rather disappointing news.
that's too bad about the proposal... would be cool!
So I have yet to hear anything about an interview, but I'm OOS... any thoughts on the timeline? Are there more OOS-ers at each interview? (earlier interviewees said there was maybe 1 at each day...something like that)
So I have yet to hear anything about an interview, but I'm OOS... any thoughts on the timeline? Are there more OOS-ers at each interview? (earlier interviewees said there was maybe 1 at each day...something like that)
Dr. Slatkoff
It just makes no sense to me that they would have her do interviews then go out of town for two months. I feel like with rolling admissions it puts me at somewhat of a disadvantage. The only way it doesn't is if each interviewer "gets" a certain number of their interviewees accepted.
Dr. Slatkoff was my adcom too. In her last email she told me she was going on leave to care for her elderly mother, so I don't think it was a planned event. I do know she is still responding to email though. So if you're really concerned I would email her directly to see how they worked out handling her interviewees.
Dr. Slatkoff was my adcom too. In her last email she told me she was going on leave to care for her elderly mother, so I don't think it was a planned event. I do know she is still responding to email though. So if you're really concerned I would email her directly to see how they worked out handling her interviewees.
I emailed her about it and it sounded like we are just going to have to wait until she gets back in February, which doesn't make much sense.
I emailed her about it and it sounded like we are just going to have to wait until she gets back in February, which doesn't make much sense.
I know this isn't an ideal situation for those that interviewed with her, but UNC really does accept lots of their class in February and I would venture to say that spending time with an ailing family member takes precedence over presenting applicants to the admissions committee. Just be patient, this won't have a negative impact on your applicant.
Last edited:
that's too bad about the proposal... would be cool!
So I have yet to hear anything about an interview, but I'm OOS... any thoughts on the timeline? Are there more OOS-ers at each interview? (earlier interviewees said there was maybe 1 at each day...something like that)
I think there were 3 OOS on my interview on 12/8.
Hey Guys, just though I would let ya know I found out I got into UNC just recently. Im not exactly sure what day they called since I was out of town and they talked to my parents, but I interviewed the end of septemeber and I got the do not despair letter one week earlier.
Good luck guys
😀
Good luck guys

😀Thanks, and I hope you hear back soon. I know its your first choice.Congrats Chubby!


are they meeting tonight? getting anxious
I wouldn't think so, but I guess it's possible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they do...you should fax it inDoes anyone know if UNC accepts update letters? I am IS and have not yet received a secondary.
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to mark our 100 dollar deposit check as received?
I got an email confirming the actual form I sent in, but not the separate check and notecard.
I got an email confirming the actual form I sent in, but not the separate check and notecard.
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to mark our 100 dollar deposit check as received?
I got an email confirming the actual form I sent in, but not the separate check and notecard.
Took me 4 days...but I turned in my check in person to the school cashier as I'm a student at UNC. This was also back in October, the cashier is probably loaded with Spring tuition right now.
thanks...i guess ill give it a few weeks.Took me 4 days...but I turned in my check in person to the school cashier as I'm a student at UNC. This was also back in October, the cashier is probably loaded with Spring tuition right now.
Does anyone know when UNC sends out final acceptance notifications....how long after sending in deposit and signature
?
I assume the committee met tonight. Did anyone get that glorious phone call?
I assume the committee met tonight. Did anyone get that glorious phone call?
Nah.. they didn't meet tonight. I called to ask and was told that everyone is just getting back from the break. So I think next week is the first meeting for the new year.
I got my acceptance before Christmas and now I was hoping someone might tell me how long before we are officially students...how long does background check take and when will we know about orientation dates....?
Last edited:
Do we have to sign up for the background check?I got my acceptance before Christmas and now I was hoping someone might tell me how long before we are officially students...how long does background check take and when will we know about orientation dates....?
Do we have to sign up for the background check?
Don't know for sure, but when I had to do mine for ECU, I understood that if you do one, it can be used for any school. I don't know if that is exactly how it works.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any idea how full UNC's class is so far?
Maybe 40%?
Maybe 40%?
From what I understand, most ppl get in febuaryish since thats when they are done interviewiing.Anyone have any idea how full UNC's class is so far?
Maybe 40%?
Does your application have to be presented to the subcommittee and get the thumbs up before going to the main committee for a final decision? Does anyone know?
I assume the purpose of the subcommittee is to weed out apps before they go to the main Adcom?
I assume the purpose of the subcommittee is to weed out apps before they go to the main Adcom?
Does UNC reject any folks post-interview before the end of the cycle (April/May)?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
