2011-2012 Loma Linda Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone receive a secondary from LLU? Or does receiving a secondary mean that we have cleared one hurdle?
Everyone receives a secondary. From their FAQ:
"Do all applicants receive supplementary applications?
"Yes, Loma Linda University sends supplementary applications to all applicants. The invitation to submit the supplementary application is sent via email..."​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
Does anyone know whether Canadians are in the same applicant pool as U.S. citizens for LLU?

Yep, my roommate is in my class and is Canadian. He was chosen from the same pool and accepted along with all the US applicants. :thumbup:

Are non-LDS/non-Christians welcomed at this school?

I am sorta interested in this school cuz it's on the west coast (and a decent shot with my stats).

Members don't see this ad :)
Are non-LDS/non-Christians welcomed at this school?

I am sorta interested in this school cuz it's on the west coast (and a decent shot with my stats).

While the majority are religious of some faith, we do have a number of non-Christians in our class who are fully accepted and welcomed into our school. No one shoves any one person's beliefs down another's throat. You do have to be OK with its influence all around you though, as teachers regularly pray in class, chapel is obviously of a spiritual nature, and most of your classmates will be Christian. If you aren't OK with that kind of thing around you, than you probably won't be too happy here. If you are ok with that, then by all means, apply!

Where's everyone that's applying to Loma Linda?

Any interview invites?

*crossed fingers* I hope I can get an interview!

Last edited:
While the majority are religious of some faith, we do have a number of non-Christians in our class who are fully accepted and welcomed into our school. No one shoves any one person's beliefs down another's throat. You do have to be OK with its influence all around you though, as teachers regularly pray in class, chapel is obviously of a spiritual nature, and most of your classmates will be Christian. If you aren't OK with that kind of thing around you, than you probably won't be too happy here. If you are ok with that, then by all means, apply!

I've been complete for about a month. No word back yet. Very interested in this school.

Are interview invites sent by snail mail or email? Thanks

Submitted my secondary Nov. 30th..
I wonder when we should expect the SNAIL MAIL...:luck:

Same here. Do they send out II snail mail for non-SDA in January at the earliest?

I'm not SDA and got an II in November; I was complete in July. I interviewed this week, but I think they've just started with the nonSDA apps

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not SDA and got an II in November; I was complete in July. I interviewed this week, but I think they've just started with the nonSDA apps

Congrats!!!
how was your interview? and when did you submit the secondary in November?

By II I mean interview invite, I actually completed my secondary in July. The interview went really well, everyone was friendly and both my student and faculty interviews were very conversational. Some people had two faculty interviews instead, but everyone seemed to have good interview experiences

Completed my secondary and sent. Poured my heart out.
Hope they don't contemplate me based on my fall quarter performance...microbio grade...less than stellar >.<

Completed my secondary and sent. Poured my heart out.
Hope they don't contemplate me based on my fall quarter performance...microbio grade...less than stellar >.<

when was yours due?
good luck :luck:

No interivew invite yet how long does their season last

I'm surprised this thread is not as active this year! Just FYI, the first round of acceptances went out today. So the games have begun... good luck!

I and at least three of my friends got the call today! (We attend the same SDA undergrad) Best wishes to everyone still waiting, it's still early in the game!

I and at least three of my friends got the call today! (We attend the same SDA undergrad) Best wishes to everyone still waiting, it's still early in the game!

me too! we are gonna be in the same class! (SDA undergrad)

when was yours due?
good luck :luck:

It was due on Thursday :oops: I hope they like me! I put in all I had!
Did you send one?

I wonder how long it takes them to get back :scared:

ALSO! SDA UNDERGRAD HERE TOO HOLLLA! :D

Thanks for the update of acceptances going out. I had five friends interview two weeks ago, don't think anyone has heard back. I wish I was early enough to have been in first batch :(

Ha! I can take a wild guess which SDA undergrad. We are...fuuuurther east...and definitely looking forward to the Cali climate!

Ha! I can take a wild guess which SDA undergrad. We are...fuuuurther east...and definitely looking forward to the Cali climate!

lol we are very west lol like 20 minutes from LLUSM.....i think thats almost the answer which SDA school lol

i got the call today too!
interviewed dec 6, non sda undergrad
class of 2016. C=

ah eastern SDA! def kept me guessing!
lol we are very west lol like 20 minutes from LLUSM.....i think thats almost the answer which SDA school lol
erm, hi! we go to the same school?
class of 2016. C=
CONGRATS! jelly and happy for you all at the same time :) :hardy:

erm, hi! we go to the same school?

Haha I think we are!:) maybe we know each other as well:cool:
(interviewed on November 29th)

Oooh are you one of our truckload of bio majors?!

Ah so you interviewed with like 5-6 people that I know!!! I probably do know you, except your username is offering no insight on who you could be :eek:

Has LLUSM started interviewing OOS and non-SDA applicants?

WAH My bff just paid her deposit for the dent school. now I wanna get in even more :( sigh, she keeps talking about how freaking awesome it will be when we can eat lunch together and study together and go to the drayson center :(

Better question for you MMPman. when was your application considered complete?

class of 2016. C=

Hi! I just received an II today. I'm a local non SDA. Could you give me any insight into the Interview? I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

Hi! I just received an II today. I'm a local non SDA. Could you give me any insight into the Interview? I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

Ah really?! When did you have your secondary in? Do you know the available interview dates? Congrats!

I've been complete since December 14. :( refreshing like a mad woman.

Better question for you MMPman. when was your application considered complete?

I submitted on July 10th and I received the complete e-mail on Aug 25th. Good luck to you guys. I really enjoyed the time I spent at the school. However, I did receive a $40 parking ticket:mad:. I will let go of that anger if they accept me:)

I submitted on July 10th and I received the complete e-mail on Aug 25th. Good luck to you guys. I really enjoyed the time I spent at the school. However, I did receive a $40 parking ticket:mad:. I will let go of that anger if they accept me:)
Oh they took a while! :(
I received my II through snail mail. My Loma Linda Status page did not change, so go wait by the mailbox instead:)

Wah :( grabbed the mail...all I got were bills and coupons :( how long ago did you submit your secondary? I'll check again tomorrow :(

I submitted in July, was complete in July and just got snail mail for II today. I called and the person who schedules interviews will not be in until Tuesday. So not sure of the interview dates yet. Good luck. From what I hear non SDA applicants interview later in the season so I wouldn't worry just yet!

haha, now isn't that a way to welcome an interviewee lol. Okay, well, I was complete in late September, so I probably got a little while longer to wait. Thanks MMPman!:thumbup:

I submitted in July, was complete in July and just got snail mail for II today. I called and the person who schedules interviews will not be in until Tuesday. So not sure of the interview dates yet. Good luck. From what I hear non SDA applicants interview later in the season so I wouldn't worry just yet!

Ah that's comforting :) still Checking! I wonder how late the interviews go until :scared:

Happy new year everyone!

Picked up my mail from Friday...nothing :(

Sigh.

I really want to go here but I have a feeling that I have an upward battle since I'm not a SDA. :(

Interview Invite :love:
It's a little weird to provide your availability via phone instead of simply picking a date on-line BUT...I'm excited :xf:

Complete: 10/2

Interview Invite :love:
It's a little weird to provide your availability via phone instead of simply picking a date on-line BUT...I'm excited :xf:

Complete: 10/2

Congrats! Snail mail today? or...

Status
Not open for further replies.