2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get a call either. Can't believe I have to wait 'til March for the other decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, sorry to hijack this thread for a little bit, but I just wanted to raise some awareness for a recent Loma Linda MD/PhD graduate. Her name is Teleka Patrick and she's been missing from Michigan, where she's doing her residency program, for the past few weeks.

I actually know her sister because I did a summer program with her, but please keep them in your prayers. You can find out more information about her on the Loma Linda website (http://www.llu.edu/central/missing-person/teleka-patrick.page). You can also find more stuff by typing #FindTeleka into Google...what'd be great is if each person who reads this posts the above link with #FindTeleka on their Facebook status. Someone who knows someone who knows someone might eventually come forward to talk to the police...that's the hope anyway. The family's been getting social media on their side to raise more awareness, and there's even a $15,000 reward for her safe return.

Done hijacking this thread...hope you guys have Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and blessings on getting into med school!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Non-SDA. For stats and everything else, check MDApps.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes it was! Also, the first available date was for early February.

I believe I was complete 8/18. If not, it was somewhere in mid-August.

II just now!!!! My email said to call between 9 to 4 to arrange an interview date, and 4:00 just passed... :(

Dear Loma Linda-

You needn't worry about recruiting me to your school with more recruitment emails, I'm already quite interested. I certainly wouldn't mind an II email though!

Reactions: 4 users
Third Thursday of the month...more decisions should be out tonigh, I hope:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on acceptances!
Also got a call! Super excited!!! It seems surreal! No more MCAT studying lol

Reactions: 6 users
Just missed a called from Loma Linda!

Edit: Dr. Roddy called back! I got in!

Last edited:
This is best third Thursday of my life! Just got accepted to Loma Linda School of Medicine. God is good!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Are you all considering going to LLU or still waiting on other acceptances?

Are you all considering going to LLU or still waiting on other acceptances?
I have a couple interviews I still have to go to but I'm probably going to cancel and give some other people a chance. Loma Linda is my top choice so I'll definitely be there in the fall.

The only thing that bothers me with Loma Linda is higher cost than other UC schools and to my knowledge they don't have any scholarships.But this is my first acceptance, so I'm definitely happy about it!!!

I am very happy for those of you who are accepted. On the other hand, it's still silent for me. I wonder if this possibly indicates rejection.

Congratulations to everyone accepted! :) any advice for someone with an upcoming interview? :p

Received an II -- first one of the cycle -- yesterday at the end of the business day, so I am very excited! I will be scheduling it later today and see what dates are available (probably mid-February?).

For anyone interested: IS, non-SDA, complete early September, by e-mail.

I am very happy for those of you who are accepted. On the other hand, it's still silent for me. I wonder if this possibly indicates rejection.
Kevinus I would not take it as a rejection yet, when I didn't hear from them a month ago I also thought it was a rejection, but apparently I didn't fill out my secondary correct and they couldn't reach one of my references.

Congratulations to everyone accepted! :) any advice for someone with an upcoming interview? :p

Congrats on II!
Practice some of the "interview questions" and also know your weaknesses and be ready to talk about them.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an II -- first one of the cycle -- yesterday at the end of the business day, so I am very excited! I will be scheduling it later today and see what dates are available (probably mid-February?).

For anyone interested: IS, non-SDA, complete early September, by e-mail.
Congrats on interview! Can you share ur stats? Thanks

Congrats on interview! Can you share ur stats? Thanks

Thank you! I applied with a 3.8 GPA and 32 MCAT. The date available to me is Feb. 20th for the interview.

What are the chances of a non-US citizen and non-permanent citizen (International student graduating from a US college) and a non SDA getting into Loma Linda with an overal gpa of 3.5, mcat of 26 (on third attempt).I haven't received any rejection or interview emails yet. Does the school interview international students last?

Last edited:
So I logged in to the secondary portal and on the check status page and tried to view my letter writers' information but everything is blank except for their name. I'm kinda worried about it but I figured I'd ask snd if this is normal before I panic-called admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have rejections been sent out yet? Starting to feel like this is a silent rejection.

I turned in my application late, because AMCAS returned my application, because i had about 9 transcript discrepancies, but i got a deadline extention. However, i turned in my secondaries before alot of the people whose amcas went thought november 1. Do you think LLU looks at my application last and doesn't consider me or by this time, they should have seen it and i can be considered next round. My emails have been coming in two weeks after my friend who just got in january 16, so hopefully that is an indication that my application is getting close to be reviewed?

Do you know if they pool applications from schools and review them first like SDA schools, or do they go on the basis of when its received?

What are the chances of a non-US citizen and non-permanent citizen (International student graduating from a US college) and a non SDA getting into Loma Linda with an overal gpa of 3.5, mcat of 26 (on third attempt).I haven't received any rejection or interview emails yet. Does the school interview international students last?

May I ask what your other attempted scores were?

So I logged in to the secondary portal and on the check status page and tried to view my letter writers' information but everything is blank except for their name. I'm kinda worried about it but I figured I'd ask snd if this is normal before I panic-called admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean that "everything is blank except for their name." What do you mean by everything? Your secondary information as well?

Have rejections been sent out yet? Starting to feel like this is a silent rejection.
Considering that some of my classmates were accepted in May...I wouldn't worry just yet. It's still only January.

I turned in my application late, because AMCAS returned my application, because i had about 9 transcript discrepancies, but i got a deadline extention. However, i turned in my secondaries before alot of the people whose amcas went thought november 1. Do you think LLU looks at my application last and doesn't consider me or by this time, they should have seen it and i can be considered next round. My emails have been coming in two weeks after my friend who just got in january 16, so hopefully that is an indication that my application is getting close to be reviewed?

Patience grasshoppa

The only thing that bothers me with Loma Linda is higher cost than other UC schools and to my knowledge they don't have any scholarships.But this is my first acceptance, so I'm definitely happy about it!!!

They do have some scholarships. When you get accepted, you'll get a letter detailing some things you can do with regards to finances.

I made a 23 the first time, and a 22 the second. The first time I did good on my sciences - double digits but the verbal section proved harder than I thought. I went back, worked on my weakness and say for the exam a second time. Unfortunately, I had worked too many night shifts at the hospital and couldn't focus during the test. The next week I went back a third time and made a 26.
May I ask what your other attempted scores were?

Hey @wonderdog I haven't heard a peep from Linda since I submitted my secondary, is Loma still sending out invites.

Also
Hey @wonderdog I haven't heard a peep from Linda since I submitted my secondary, is Loma still sending out invites.
Do u recommend anything I can do? Is Linda open to updates? After submitting my secondary I got an internship from a tech company and also I got a 4.0 semester.

Also

Do u recommend anything I can do? Is Linda open to updates? After submitting my secondary I got an internship from a tech company and also I got a 4.0 semester.

I don't remember anything against sending updates.

Yep, still interviewing.

Interviewing tomorrow, Feb 4th. I received a deadline extension for my secondary, submitted Nov 21, and got an II on Jan 8th. 29 MCAT, 3.75 GPA, Bio Major/Mathematics Minor, Non-SDA, and pretty good extracurricular activities... Don't give up, they are still interviewing and sending invites... Wish me luck!

Interviewing tomorrow, Feb 4th. I received a deadline extension for my secondary, submitted Nov 21, and got an II on Jan 8th. 29 MCAT, 3.75 GPA, Bio Major/Mathematics Minor, Non-SDA, and pretty good extracurricular activities... Don't give up, they are still interviewing and sending invites... Wish me luck!

Luck on the way!

Good luck!
Just on a side note, be ready to talk about your MCAT score:)My MCAT is 27 and it was their first comment, that my lower MCAT score doesn't fit with such exceptional application.I had to explain why my GPA is an objective measure of my academic performance but not the MCAT.

Good luck!
Just on a side note, be ready to talk about your MCAT score:)My MCAT is 27 and it was their first comment, that my lower MCAT score doesn't fit with such exceptional application.I had to explain why my GPA is an objective measure of my academic performance but not the MCAT.

Really depends on the interviewer. I wasn't asked about my MCAT score.

Really depends on the interviewer. I wasn't asked about my MCAT score.
True, but both of my interviewers were all over my MCAT score.But I was prepared to talk about it, thanks to LLU SOM alumni, so it made the whole process easier and with a positive outcome;-)