2013-2014 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Luck on the way!

Thanks!

Good luck!
Just on a side note, be ready to talk about your MCAT score:)My MCAT is 27 and it was their first comment, that my lower MCAT score doesn't fit with such exceptional application.I had to explain why my GPA is an objective measure of my academic performance but not the MCAT.

Thank you for the advice, I will keep that in mind for sure. Congratulations on your acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Should I give up all hope for an interview invite? I've been complete since July and I was under assumption that Loma Linda doesn't do silent rejections.

Been complete since late August I believe. Still waiting for an II. Have any II been handed out recently? Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to hear about decisions post-interview?

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes to hear about decisions post-interview?

People usually hear things on the 3rd Thursday/Friday of every month.

Reactions: 1 users
Send an interview my way! What does Loma Linda look for most in their application?

Can anyone tell me if LLU is responsive to letters of intent? Since my application was submitted, I have gained plenty of clinical exposure working in a medical hospital in Indonesia for the past 4 months and it might be worth adding to my app. Would appreciate some feedback, thanks!

Can anyone tell me if LLU is responsive to letters of intent? Since my application was submitted, I have gained plenty of clinical exposure working in a medical hospital in Indonesia for the past 4 months and it might be worth adding to my app. Would appreciate some feedback, thanks!
I emailed an update letter a few weeks ago and I received an email back saying that it had been added to my file so you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
any ideas of when the next batch of calls will go out?

Reactions: 1 user
Calls apparently didn't go out as scheduled this month.
But the question is, did they go out last week? I'm convinced that they did not. The LLU grapevine is pretty small (especially if you are an Adventist) and I have heard nothing that would indicate that calls went out last week.

Check out this video about a special event 1st year students and their families get to participate in!

Well, I give up.

Have a great Sabbath.

To my brothers and sisters who are blessed enough to be waiting for an acceptance call, here is a great worship song. Blessings.

Hey guys, for those still wondering, calls did indeed go out on the 13th of February.

Last edited:
Hey guys, for those still wondering, calls did indeed go out on the 13th of February.

Yep, this is indeed what I heard too. They did the same thing last year. Good luck to those of you waiting.

Any one know when the next set of phone calls will go out?

3rd week of March?

Sent from my phone.

Got an II Feb 24 in the morning so there is still hope!

I called to schedule the interview and was asked for 5 dates I am free. I wasn't given any particular range, but told them I can make any time in the near future work. The person then just kinda said okay and goodbye, without promising any follow-up- Has this happened to anyone?

Also, what is the format of the interview? One on one? Who do I meet? How long is it? Is it open-file? Any questions that stood out?

I'm just trying to be prepared as possible.

Thanks for the help.

I called to schedule the interview and was asked for 5 dates I am free. I wasn't given any particular range, but told them I can make any time in the near future work. The person then just kinda said okay and goodbye, without promising any follow-up- Has this happened to anyone?

Also, what is the format of the interview? One on one? Who do I meet? How long is it? Is it open-file? Any questions that stood out?

Thanks for the help.

Do you know when you submitted and when you were complete?

Thanks for the help.

There are two one on one interviews with faculty or MS4s. Open file (MCAT, grades, etc). 45 mins approx. Know what to say for why LLU (I recommend conveying you have some interest in medical missions). Good luck.

@Jimboo , congratulations! Probably no need to worry about the call. My guess is that they're just taking a survey so that they can find the best day(s) for as many of the interviewees, interviewers, and medical students (for tours) as possible. If you don't hear anything back relatively soon (as in the next week or so), then you might try calling to check in with them. It just might take a little bit for them to coordinate everything. That didn't happen to me, but they selected you for an interview, so they liked you and they'll make sure that you get your chance.

PM'd you.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I will withdraw my application from LLU since I decided to go with UCLA...
Should I just give them a call or write them a letter?

I had my interview on Dec. 5th and still haven't been accepted or rejected. Is that a bad sign? Do they send out rejections/waitlists at the end of the cycle or something?

I haven't heard anything back about an interview or rejection. I was complete on the beginning of September. Can anyone shed a little light on the silence?

Just sent them an email that I'm withdrawing my application, so I hope my spot will go to one of you! Good luck everyone!

I haven't heard anything back about an interview or rejection. I was complete on the beginning of September. Can anyone shed a little light on the silence?
+1. Thinking about calling admission office. Have you contacted admission office and if yes, what was the response

+1. Thinking about calling admission office. Have you contacted admission office and if yes, what was the response
Just called. Apparently no news is good news since they are still reviewing files.

Just called. Apparently no news is good news since they are still reviewing files.
Thanks. I suppose you are referring to invitation for interview and not post interview decision. I am waiting for invitation for the interview and have not heard anything yet.

Thanks. I suppose you are referring to invitation for interview and not post interview decision. I am waiting for invitation for the interview and have not heard anything yet.
Yep. I'm in the same boat.

Has anyone received interview invitation recently? Submitted application in November. No news from Loma Linda

Got a call earlier today for acceptance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Got a call earlier today for acceptance.

Congratulations! I'll be the first to ask: if you don't mind sharing, when was your interview?

And I guess they're not doing it on the third Thursday this month? If not, that makes me more anxious; I'm waiting on a decision from last month, and I may have just been passed over for this month's batch. Though I suppose they could send out more calls later this month if they're not following the previous trend in order to prepare for the March 30 traffic day.

I wish the best for everyone else waiting to hear back!

I got a call today for acceptance as well :)

As far as stats go, I don't feel like I was a competitive applicant (MCAT 26, GPA 3.9) but I had plenty of mission work, teaching, and clinical experience as an ER scribe and OR tech. I was active in church/ college ministry also. I interviewed last April, submitted in July and complete in December.

Last edited:
How did that work with them interviewing you before they had your AMCAS application?

But congratulations; they must have really liked you! That must be very exciting!

How did that work with them interviewing you before they had your AMCAS application?

But congratulations; they must have really liked you! That must be very exciting!

Dr. Roddy comes out to SDA colleges do 'informal' interviews. She counted it as my formal so I wouldn't have to re-interview in the fall! It's really exciting because it's my 'ideal' school but when I cross-check with the other schools I was accepted to, the cost of tuition/ living expenses are half that of LLU.

Congrats to all the acceptances! Has anyone who interviewed on Feb 4 heard anything yet? I still haven't heard back and also am getting anxious. And was that it for march? So next batch of calls will not be until April?