2013-2014 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do post-interview responses come via snail mail or email? Also, has anyone from the April 10th interview group heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when orientation starts for the entering class of 2014 (i.e. when we have to be on the campus)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when orientation starts for the entering class of 2014 (i.e. when we have to be on the campus)?
I don't know if you are part of the facebook group but there is a ton of information on there. Some people received an e-mail saying this "Move in day will be on Friday August 1st & Sunday August 3rd. .
We are looking forward to seeing you on Monday, August
4th, which is registration day and the start of a full and exciting week of orientation before the start of classes on Monday, August 11th." along with other information, granted I did not receive this email but someone posted it in the FB group.

Withdrew my acceptance from here this week. Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
Late post; Accepted 5/1, Interviewed 4/3. FWIW, they seem to have been very consistent in notifying applicants around the 4-week mark, although that may shorten as we approach May 15. Good luck to those waiting!

Got a hold notification a few months back that said that "Applications receiving this designation may be
reviewed again up until May 1st." May 1st has come and gone and I haven't heard anything in either direction. Has anyone else in the same position gotten any additional information?

I'm in the same position, and no additional information. :-(

Just withdrew my acceptance here. NYMC is a great school and I was impressed throughout the interview. I got into one of my top choice state schools with a scholarship, making it difficult to justify spending the money for NYMC. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you, good luck!

so, the last interview day has finished, to those of you on the WL or still waiting to hear back please know that there is a lot of movement after the 15th as people start making their final commitments.

Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats !!!!

would you share your stats , IS /OOS?
My stats are a little below average for the school. I clicked with most of my interviewers and the whole day I felt like I was meant to be at NYMC so I think they picked up on those vibes :).

Me too! Just got the email! Total shock, I though there would be no way we'd find out in a day but I am so psyched!!!

Congrats!!!

just curious , how many applicants attended for interview on may 8th ?

thanks !!

I'm trying to apply for financial aid. The instructions say to use the "User ID and password as noted in the email from the Office of Student Financial Planning." I don't believe I received this email. Could someone please describe the email's contents and at what stage of the application process I should have received it? Thank you for your help.

I'm trying to apply for financial aid. The instructions say to use the "User ID and password as noted in the email from the Office of Student Financial Planning." I don't believe I received this email. Could someone please describe the email's contents and at what stage of the application process I should have received it? Thank you for your help.

I haven't received that email from financial aid, yet. But the best place to ask that question would be the Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=253719211464442&tsid=0.4494320573285222&source=typeahead

New accepted students applying for aid:
Have your FAFSA filled out and submitted
go here
read the budgets
Click the link on the right that says "Online financial aid process."
read the stuff.
Click the red link at the bottom..

your log on number is your social security ID.

You should look into your credit scores as well, just to know them. You should also take the time to look at how much you have in loans to date. these shouldnt effect your ability to borrow federal loans, but will make you feel bad... just a warning.
Sounds like you're all very eager to get started. congrats

Interview date: 4/24

Accepted via email 5/9 :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
New accepted students applying for aid:
Have your FAFSA filled out and submitted
go here
read the budgets
Click the link on the right that says "Online financial aid process."
read the stuff.
Click the red link at the bottom..

your log on number is your social security ID.

You should look into your credit scores as well, just to know them. You should also take the time to look at how much you have in loans to date. these shouldnt effect your ability to borrow federal loans, but will make you feel bad... just a warning.
Sounds like you're all very eager to get started. congrats
Thank you very much!

Has anyone else, that was put on hold, not heard back yet? I called and asked about the May 1st final review date posted in the hold email and the admissions office said that I'd receive an email if there was a change in my status. Does that mean that they're still interviewing people? Seems way too late for that.

Has anyone else, that was put on hold, not heard back yet? I called and asked about the May 1st final review date posted in the hold email and the admissions office said that I'd receive an email if there was a change in my status. Does that mean that they're still interviewing people? Seems way too late for that.

Sorry for the bad news but I am fairly certain that they are done interviewing. I just interviewed on 5/8 and while there was told by the staff that we were the last group to interview this year.

Rejected today 5/12. I like how the letter assumes I haven't gotten in anywhere. Good form.

Rejected today 5/12. I like how the letter assumes I haven't gotten in anywhere. Good form.

That's a bummer I'm sorry. Just curious - would you mind sharing when you interviewed and if you received their decision via email or snail mail?

Thx!

That's a bummer I'm sorry. Just curious - would you mind sharing when you interviewed and if you received their decision via email or snail mail?

Thx!

No II, just put on hold way back. Got the notification by email. Numbers/ECs to the left.

I was wondering if anyone on the wait-list got responses when they sent in e-mails to the office of admission? I sent one in saying I wanted to stay on the wait-list and another with an update but never got a response :O

Received an email today:

"We are in the process of updating our wait list. The AMCAS database indicates that you have been accepted to another medical school. In light
of this acceptance, please let us know if you are still seriously interested in remaining on the wait list at New York Medical College or if you wish to have your name removed"

Anyone else?

Received an email today:

"We are in the process of updating our wait list. The AMCAS database indicates that you have been accepted to another medical school. In light
of this acceptance, please let us know if you are still seriously interested in remaining on the wait list at New York Medical College or if you wish to have your name removed"

Anyone else?

Sounds like they're gearing up for waitlist movement!

Accepted! This is my first acceptance and I'm on two WLs so it was coming down to the wire. I interviewed 4/8 and I previously listed my stats on this thread. Good luck to those still waiting!

im in the same exact situation!

Just withdrew. I hope my spot goes to one of you!

Any idea/speculation on what the chances are they get back to those of us who interviewed in May before the 15th? Clock's a-ticking...

Just withdrew my acceptance along with a nice little scholarship to attend another school. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Are we expecting a lot of movement tomorrow? Based on last year's thread it seemed like there actually wasn't much movement on the wait list even though people kept writing that they withdrew their acceptances....

Haven't heard back yet. Since it's past 5/15 I should probably assume the worst. I called admissions a few days ago and at that time they said no decision has been rendered, but between now and a few days ago, they could have mailed the rejection letter. Anyone in the same boat?

Hi Waitlisters! I withdrew my acceptance last week, I hope one of you get it.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't heard back yet. Since it's past 5/15 I should probably assume the worst. I called admissions a few days ago and at that time they said no decision has been rendered, but between now and a few days ago, they could have mailed the rejection letter. Anyone in the same boat?
When did you interview? I interviewed on the 5th and was wait listed on the 15th

When did you interview? I interviewed on the 5th and was wait listed on the 15th
I interviewed on 4/17. I believe all decisions would be made by the 15th, and after hearing that rejections are sent by mail, it looks like that may be the case.

Are we expecting a lot of movement tomorrow? Based on last year's thread it seemed like there actually wasn't much movement on the wait list even though people kept writing that they withdrew their acceptances....

I think they switched to MMI from traditional last year which means they probably were able to interview a lot more people leading to little to none wait list movement compared to previous years... Hopefully this isn't the case this year...

^^ Really hope that's not the case, but I feel like if nothing happens in the next few days we can assume the class is full....

I am going to call tomorrow and ask if 1. if the class is full/ if they anticipate wait list movement? 2. if they made a decision on my app (Was wait listed 5/7)