2015-2016 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who interviewed in recent months ( Jan, Feb) hear back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe they decided not to accept anyone? Or just a few people who don't use SDN? :shrug:

Also super interested in seeing % of Med school applicants that don't have an SDN account...I feel like most people (80%?) at least browse this website

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted students heard more info about the revisit weekend? I know it's supposedly 4/8-4/9 but I haven't received a formal invitation or anything and am trying to make travel arrangements. Thanks!

Alternate as well, looks like I need to start those shaman rituals

Just called the Admissions Office this morning. The woman on the phone just said "the committee is still in the process of making decisions," and that we would have to just wait.

i called early last week and the person i spoke with said "two weeks" with a very firm, definitive tone. so i would try my best to not worry about it until next week or so, especially given the phone call that @z0w just made.

Are they done giving interviews at Sinai ?

My bet's on Friday around 3. But that's just speculation ;)

Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to all!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm only holding one acceptance at this point (trying to help everyone out). I really loved Mt. Sinai. A bit sad that I can't go to revisit. Definitely going to miss out on the free Starbucks and living on Central Park.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm only holding one acceptance at this point (trying to help everyone out). I really loved Mt. Sinai. A bit sad that I can't go to revisit. Definitely going to miss out on the free Starbucks and living on Central Park.
Well best of luck to you!

Si(gh)nai why you torture me? This is the last one I'm waiting on

Reactions: 2 users
Lol the day we have all been waiting for. Just got accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got the email like 15 minutes ago!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

Same here.... no phone call just email.

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10:32am eastern

Last edited:
Waitlisted...I was born in the uncertainty...it is a part of me.

Alternate list. Eh, helps me make my decision easier.

Is there anywhere I can find information about Sinai's wait list? Like is the alternate list the same as wait listed? Is it ranked? Is there a high priority list? Etc.

Accepted this morning! Interviewed in Jan

Accepted!!!! I have been so excited and happy since I found out, I still have the chills. :love: I love this school and can't wait to live in NYC. See you all at Second Look!!

Email was sent at 10:32 EST for anyone wondering, January interview

Can someone tell me more about what happens at the revisit weekend April 8-9? I need to decide on this sooner rather than later

does anyone have clue about the difference between the waitlist and the alternate list. I called the admissions and was told they are kind of the same/ similar which doesn't makes sense to have 2 of the same list ?

does anyone have clue about the difference between the waitlist and the alternate list. I called the admissions and was told they are kind of the same/ similar which doesn't makes sense to have 2 of the same list ?

Did anyone actually get placed on a "waitlist" rather than the "alternate list?" I just assumed most schools called their waitlists (the general, colloquial term) "alternate lists."

Did anyone actually get placed on a "waitlist" rather than the "alternate list?" I just assumed most schools called their waitlists (the general, colloquial term) "alternate lists."

I was accepted, however...

The alternate list is the waitlist. They are one and the same.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Is there anywhere online that I can find the cost of attendance for Sinai?

It's in the financial aid packet too. They said COA is around $66,700 not including health insurance

Speaking of which, does anyone know if NY expanded Medicaid eligibility?

for revisit - are friends and family invited? or is it just for accepted students (and spouses)?

Someone else posted: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/match-list-2016.1189265/#post-17547310

We had a great match this year! A lot of fantastic institutions were represented. Fifty-one of our 144 grads matched within the Mount Sinai system to preliminary or advanced/categorical positions. Obvious caveats: these are highly personal decisions that vary significantly year-to-year (compare to past years), and the top programs in a given field may not be your usual suspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
For financial aid letters, are institutional scholarships and loan packages released together?

Are we able to send a copy of our federal tax return instead of the tax return transcript? My tax transcript is taking forever to get to me.

Are we able to send a copy of our federal tax return instead of the tax return transcript? My tax transcript is taking forever to get to me.

I sent in a copy or mine and my parents' tax returns and got my aid package so my assumption is yes. I think they'll need the tax transcript to finalize everything though...

For those who have gotten a financial aid estimate, could you please comment on the breakdown of aid offered?

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

For those who have gotten a financial aid estimate, could you please comment on the breakdown of aid offered?

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
It was awful. 44k of Stafford loans (5.84%) and 24k of grad plus (6.84%)
I called and they said that my parents retirement fund disqualified me from any aid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

I sent in a copy or mine and my parents' tax returns and got my aid package so my assumption is yes. I think they'll need the tax transcript to finalize everything though...

I sent in the federal tax returns and was told I needed to send in the transcripts and I haven't gotten an aid package. Luck of the draw? :(