May 20, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think they usually send things on Fridays. It sounds like last week Friday was their last interview and they go over the interviews the week after they conduct them. I feel like it might be this Friday if at all this week.
That's true, but last year I think they sent out February's decisions on President's Day (2/18/19).

Reactions: 1 users

nicklepickle

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
That's true, but last year I think they sent out February's decisions on President's Day (2/18/19).
How presidential lol. I almost wish they would just tell us a day so I could know for sure when to possibly expect something, but then I know I'll be anxious about it. How does everyone else feel? Would you rather have a specific day like with MCAT scores or would you rather have it like this?

caffeinatedMD8

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
How presidential lol. I almost wish they would just tell us a day so I could know for sure when to possibly expect something, but then I know I'll be anxious about it. How does everyone else feel? Would you rather have a specific day like with MCAT scores or would you rather have it like this?

Specific day for sure! Then I won't be on edge for every notification I get

Reactions: 3 users
About the Ads
D

deleted911896

Specific day for sure. It adds unnecessary stress and anxiety wondering if every day is the potential day haha.

Reactions: 1 user
May 26, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
We have received multiple emails now giving us info and also asking us to RSVP.

Haha thanks, so when is it? A friend who is a student there said it is usually first weekend of March... that is really soon for those who have not heard back which makes me wonder if I will hear good news.

About the Ads

nicklepickle

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thing is the revisit day is on 3/6 so it would be more convenient to let the students know 2 weeks in advance as to one week for people to make travel arrangements... Yikes!
I have a feeling that they only want the people they accepted in the first round (cream of the crop) to go to second look to convince them to come to Icahn vs any other T20 school they get in. Just my thought.

D

deleted911896

I have a feeling that they only want the people they accepted in the first round (cream of the crop) to go to second look to convince them to come to Icahn vs any other T20 school they get in. Just my thought.

I would think most people who get into/ interview at Sinai would be T20 applicants though?

nicklepickle

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I would think most people who get into/ interview at Sinai would be T20 applicants though?
That's true, but this is one of the only schools I know that does second look in March and not April and that in combination with all the icahn insights they sent makes it seem like a tactic of sorts. I don't know maybe I'm wrong

• Haha
About the Ads

ScienceGeek3

2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Actually, someone should just call admissions and ask them if there are any decisions released today :p Maybe I will?? Nah jk

Reactions: 2 users
Jan 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I just called and the guy who answered didn’t really seem to know much. I asked if any more acceptances were coming out before second look. He kept it vague and said I could hear back at any point and possibly miss second look.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Apr 29, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I think that may have been the subtle brush off of “we aren’t releasing more until after second look” which is a major bummer!!!

• Sad
Nov 14, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was told at my interview in early feb that we would hear this month. They actually said 1-2 weeks so likely today.

ScienceGeek3

2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I was told at my interview in early feb that we would hear this month. They actually said 1-2 weeks so likely today.
For real! It needs to be for this reason and the fact that second look is happening. I personally don’t agree that the school only wants the top students to go to it to convince them as opposed to us. We are all competitive plus a bunch of the people interviewed earlier this month are very strong candidates!

Oct 28, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
For real! It needs to be for this reason and the fact that second look is happening. I personally don’t agree that the school only wants the top students to go to it to convince them as opposed to us. We are all competitive plus a bunch of the people interviewed earlier this month are very strong candidates!

Why would they only hold second look for the top students who were accepted first wave makes literally no sense and I doubt its their intention

nicklepickle

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
That was just a theory. I could be totally wrong! I'm just cynical at this point lol

About the Ads

ScienceGeek3

2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
One piece of hope for today is the times they used to send the Icahn insights. Some were sent at 4:26PM and 5:39PM on a Friday. These times definitely don’t appear to be automated. Let’s hope we’ll hear back!

ScienceGeek3

2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Alright since decisions were released on a Monday before, let’s hope we’ll hear back tomorrow!

gruffgoat

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
i predict nothing till after 2nd look due to the theory above

nicklepickle

2+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
What theory?
I mentioned that I theorized that they're only interested in their first wave acceptances for second look day and that they would put off everyone else including deferred people until after. It's sad and it's frustrating, but I think that's what we're looking at

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.