2019-2020 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's a lot of unknowns, including with the continuating of our medical education beyond our current class.

Can you share any more information about this?

Members don't see this ad.

Can you share any more information about this?
Probably means they may rush the current grad class through to have them help w cases until residency starts.

Reactions: 1 user
Probably means they may rush the current grad class through to have them help w cases until residency starts.
Partly that and partly I meant we finished up our physiology course this weekend and haven't been given any guidance on what's the plan for our last class of first year. We are starting our spring break now and really don't know what the last 2 months of the year is gonna hold for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those that are accepted, how do we access our empower id to complete the institutional aid application?

Reactions: 1 users
Those that are accepted, how do we access our empower id to complete the institutional aid application?

Also have this Q. I got an email about two hours after the initial acceptance from FA saying another email with that login info should be sent soon. Probably will be sent Monday I assume? If not I will probably call tomorrow evening!

Reactions: 2 users
Also am wondering if there are any current students lingering around here that would be free to answer a couple questions about the school if possible!

• Love
Also am wondering if there are any current students lingering around here that would be free to answer a couple questions about the school if possible!

current M1 on "spring break" (whatever that means nowadays) - also happy to answer what I can.

• Love
If anyone was able to attend the Virtual Student Panel today could you please share anything you think those who were not able to attend should/ would like to know. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my FA package - all loans. Kinda sucks ngl. Ah well

• Dislike
  • Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do you think is the earliest that WL people will hear back? May 1st?

Anyone hear back from the global health scholars program?

To give hope to those Feb interviewers, I got the A on 3/28, interviewed 2/12. I expect there's gonna be lots of waitlist movement so if you haven't gotten the A yet, hang in there!

Is there an area on the portal or email that was sent out yet to send in immunization forms?

Hi everyone. Does anyone still have access to MSAR and can say what waitlist movement looks like? Mine just expired haha

I withdrew from Mt Sinai--hopefully my spot will be going to one of y'all on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
First-time poster long time follower! I never posted on this before, but I decided that this was the best forum to air my concern.

After a long debate, I will likely be withdrawing. I was so excited to go to Ichan, but I have a friend, who is starting her PhD at another top NYC institution. She told me that the school notified them that they are almost certain that classes will not resume in the fall in-person. Unfortunately, it does not look like that school has notified their accepted medical students, with the obvious reason being that they do not want to lose all of their students before April 30th. If one NYC school has made this announcement they are all bound to follow, but the other medical schools are likely delaying.

I don't feel comfortable planning to move to NYC and endlessly guessing when my medical education can begin in-person. My other choice might also not begin at the expected start date, but I feel much more confident that in-person classes can resume faster than if I went to school in the center of the epidemic where the timeline is significantly extended and the risk of a second wave is high.

Wishing everyone the best and a rapid end to this pandemic!

Reactions: 3 users
I got WLed for the MSTP and last I heard it should be within the next week. Haven't heard anything yet though...

I just realized I never officially accepted my spot on the waitlist through the portal. Hope this doesn’t affect me if they’ve already made decisions. I’m hoping they realized I meant to stay on it because I sent a letter of continued interest after being waitlisted :cryi:

• Wow
This waitlist has been awfully quiet, has there been any movement at all? It seems like it was pretty active at this time in years past.

Reactions: 5 users
Just gonna chime in since everyone seems to be unsure of what's going on. Don't know how much it means because people can always join late but it does seem like it's moving for those who are worried - I'm in the 2024 facebook group and people are still actively joining it. Last year the waitlist moved in bursts in the beginning but it did move! People are definitely still getting in, it's just a waiting game still. (which really does suck and I remember how awful the whole process was, but fingers crossed for all of you)

Reactions: 5 users
still on the WL train : ) For those accepted, has any announcement been made as far as an online start in August?

We received an email yesterday that said classes and move in will start on time. Small groups will be in person and some classes will be online.
still on the WL train : ) For those accepted, has any announcement been made as far as an online start in August?

Considering that NYC is getting hit the hardest by COVID, I'm going to give them all the time they need to figure their class out... must just be super busy treating patients

Wondering if the lack of waitlist movement is due to the class being full or if they haven't gotten a chance to discuss candidates...

I thought they discuss and rank you a week after the interview?

I thought they discuss and rank you a week after the interview?
I don't know about MD, so I apologize if this info is useless to you haha but the MSTP waitlist is completely unranked

Anyone know if Sinai accepts additional letters of recommendation at this point or if it would even be helpful at all?

All these graduate program in public health emails are really getting to me

• Haha