2019-2020 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is everyone getting this email at the same time? Trying to hold out hope here that they’ll trickle in lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long were you guys deferred for before being accepted?

What did the deferment email say? Also, did anyone get straight up rejected?

• Hmm
What did the deferment email say? Also, did anyone get straight up rejected?

“ As you already know, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai operates on a rolling admissions cycle. As such, we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and early May. While we are not yet prepared to offer you an acceptance at this time, your application is still being considered by our committee. Please know that your application is important to us and that we appreciate your patience as we continue our review process.”

Was deferred in Jan, no email so far today ‍

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
@the_expert @u_raptor have you guys heard back? Just curious since we interviewed the same day, ofc feel free not to answer if you’re not comfortable

Deferred as well

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe? Won’t know til we know

Stay positive everyone and remain hopeful!! You guys got it :) The wait SUCKS but keep going! Good luck.

• Love
Does anyone actually get WLd or Rd post-II? I feel like it’s Accept or defer.

Any feb interviews in here?

Are people who’ve heard something today east coasters? New Yorkers?

Edit: also, I don’t know about you guys but as an early interviewer, there’s something about how Sinai has handled giving out decisions/planning second look that feels awfully disrespectful and irks me

• Haha
Does anyone actually get WLd or Rd post-II? I feel like it’s Accept or defer.

Any feb interviews in here?

nah some people got rejected back in january post-I, doesn't seem like anyone has gotten WL'd

Are we gonna assume all deferrals now are waitlist positions?

• Wow
Accepted after being deferred last month!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed the last week they had interviews. They said they were going to have two more waves of decisions. They said all final decisions should come that second wave (including decisions for all of us late interviewees).

Can accepted people also add when they interviewed? So we can see if the deferrals may actually be due to them still processing our apps.

So you think there is one more wave? I think that they have to tell people if they are waitlisted and then people on the waitlist have to accept their position on the waitlist.
It’s a wave, but we don’t know what kind of wave :) we’ll just have to wait. Yay to more waiting

So you think there is one more wave? I think that they have to tell people if they are waitlisted and then people on the waitlist have to accept their position on the waitlist.
Thereis at least one more wave. My defer email specifically says acceptances will be going out regularly from now to May, so I think that is beyond Watilist movement offers.

“ As you already know, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai operates on a rolling admissions cycle. As such, we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and early May. While we are not yet prepared to offer you an acceptance at this time, your application is still being considered by our committee. Please know that your application is important to us and that we appreciate your patience as we continue our review process.”
Wait hold up, did the end of your defer email also include "The committee was very impressed with your academic accomplishments, commitment to clinical medicine and community engagement."?

Wait hold up, did the end of your defer email also include "The committee was very impressed with your academic accomplishments, commitment to clinical medicine and community engagement."?
Yeah, I just didn't feel like including the whole thing

Yeah, I just didn't feel like including the whole thing
Just wanted to make sure lol, last year there was mention of differently worded emails so I was curious.

Dang all of us got the D huh
i feel like this may be a yield protection vibe; they may be waiting for us to be sending letters of interest or intent. i remember my interviewer pressed me multiple times about where else i had gotten in (especially in new york city).

i feel like this may be a yield protection vibe; they may be waiting for us to be sending letters of interest or intent. i remember my interviewer pressed me multiple times about where else i had gotten in (especially in new york city).

Especially given (of the “top tier” NYC schools) sinai doesn’t have the best financial aid or affordability, so if they’re thinking you might get into somewhere else that does scholarships > loans...

On my interview day, they mentioned that they planned on offering A's/decisions in March as well so the "acceptances in waves" thing seems legit.

I also know non SDNers with post II R's at Sinai so they are a thing.

Any guesses on when this last wave of decisions will come out?

Probably will be after second look I'm guessing

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Probably will be after second look I'm guessing

ngl that’s just rude and I’m a bit disappointed that only some /“ top” students are going. Rather take an R now than be left on read like this.

Just find it sketchy that apparently *nobody* was rejected in the last wave

Just find it sketchy that apparently *nobody* was rejected in the last wave

Barely any of us posted. This last wave was for like at most 1/4 of all interviewees. Plus people who were R’d may not have posted.