2015-2016 Quinnipiac University (Netter) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would anyone who interviewed here mind describing the structure/timing of the interview day? (what times and orders interviews/lunch are, etc?) THanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Would anyone who interviewed here mind describing the structure/timing of the interview day? (what times and orders interviews/lunch are, etc?) THanks so much!

Starts off with an info session about curriculum, financial aid, etc... At noon lunch is delivered and two M2 will come to the conference room and eat lunch with you. Around 1:00 you will have your first interview, either a professor, student, or other faculty member. Interviews are 45 minutes, but I found that they flew by because the interviewers make it very conversational and easy going. You will regroup in the conference room for 15 minutes or so and then have your second interview. Interviews wrap up at 3:30 and you meet back in the conference room. The associate dean of admissions comes in and chats with you. He has somehow memorized every part of everybody's applications and assures you it's not weird lol. So you basically hang out and chat with him for 45 minutes and then finish with a tour of the school.

The atmosphere all day was pretty laid back and I think that everybody left feeling good about themselves. If you want more specific information you can PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
Seriously regret not filling out the secondary for this school this cycle :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep...whole lotta nothing. At least y'all didn't do what I did the other day...ugh.

Did we ever figure out when their last interview was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you hear that?

If that's true, excuse me while I go cry

This is true, I spoke to an admissions officer this morning and they are deciding their last interview invites this week

Oh dear God. I so hope hope hope hope hope plead beg pray that I get one.

Send in an update?!

but i Have nothing to update - I am still working at the same job I mentioned before to them but I did just interview for an amazing job elsewhere but unless I get it, I have nothing to update :(

I have no idea what to do but I really would like an interview here so badly

Does anyone know how much waitlist movement there is after the interview? I read some where in last year's (or maybe the year before that) discussion thread that the whole list got in? Does anyone know if this true?

Does anyone know how much waitlist movement there is after the interview? I read some where in last year's (or maybe the year before that) discussion thread that the whole list got in? Does anyone know if this true?
I hope that's true. I'm on the same boat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

The admission told me this was true of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The admission told me this was true of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I'm not sure if the whole wait list got in, but when I interviewed, 5 of the 10 people in the group were ultimately accepted. I think 3 of them were on the wait list. If what you said is true, then that's great news for the waitlisters!

how helpful would an update/interest letter be? I am sending a letter of intent to another school... will the other school know I sent an interest letter here?

Is anyone from a January interview still waiting to hear back? Was told I'd hear back by end of February, but still nothing...

Officially withdrew after accepted a few months ago, matriculating elsewhere, so good luck, and I hope my spot goes to one of you waiting! :D

Reactions: 7 users
Was there anyone who received an II during today's wave of decisions? I haven't heard anything and I know this is the last week they're giving them out

Reactions: 3 users
Was there anyone who received an II during today's wave of decisions? I haven't heard anything and I know this is the last week they're giving them out

Hey! I have heard nothing either. =/

how have people been sending updates in? Via Email or Portal?

how have people been sending updates in? Via Email or Portal?
Portal. I didn't get a confirmation or anything though.

Also, no word today from here as well. Joining the silence train...

Sorry to be that guy but I e-mailed admissions last week and they responded to my question today by saying that they will not be sending out anymore interviews and that an email confirming that will be sent out in the coming days.

Just got the pre II rejection email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, I spoke to an admissions officer this morning and they are deciding their last interview invites this week

Sorry to be that guy but I e-mailed admissions last week and they responded to my question today by saying that they will not be sending out anymore interviews and that an email confirming that will be sent out in the coming days.

So... which admissions person is correct, some might ask. . .

I'd say just hang your hats and foggetaboutit at this point.

also got rejected. right after I sent in an update. **** you for not liking my groundbreaking updates Netter!

Also, I copied and pasted the letter from another school letter and changed the name, so you aint all that special.

hehe good luck to those on the Post-Int WL!

Also rejected today pre-II. Good luck to everyone still in the running!