You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tufts University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
didn't realize how active this thread was. seems like there is still hope. i guess march is still possible for an II
Not really. We just haven't been officially sent the rejection yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may be overly optimistic, but I like @aspen1234 's take on this.Not really. We just haven't been officially sent the rejection yet.
Last edited:
If, as of last week, there were still invites to be sent, I'm hoping that means there is still hope for some to come this week. Might be slim (or none), but I feel like not much this cycle has been really "normal" for Tufts (see: Poralgate), so the chance that they're going by a hard date to cut things off seems low.Not really. We just haven't been officially sent the rejection yet.
I could just be overly optimistic too, which wouldn't be unlikely.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
didn't realize how active this thread was. seems like there is still hope. i guess march is still possible for an II
On Monday, all dates on the portal were full. Today, March 10th and 15th are showing as available. There are probably folks withdrawing from those dates, so there may be one last round of final IIs going out, but it's probably for <10 spots. So, take that for what it's worth.I may be overly optimistic, but I like @aspen1234 's take on this.
Me toodeferred, interviewed 2/2
Young Metro still decidin if he trusts me or not
According to MSAR, they interviewed 922 people last year. And matriculated 200.
How many people did they accept?
How many people did they accept?
US News and tufts website says they accepted 515/948 interviewed last yearMost likely between 350 and 400 (between 1.5x and 2x seems to be the standard)
When is the deposit due?
So, I just received an unexpected II here earlier today
Congrats, surprised they're still coming. What dates were available to you?
The hope you're giving me after not yet being rejected isn't healthy...So, I just received an unexpected II here earlier today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The hope you're giving me after not yet being rejected isn't healthy...
You should see a doctor for that
What is the post interview acceptance rate?
still no news here --> does that mean there's an interview chance? #hopingbeyondalldoubts
I'm guessing chances are HELLA slim, but let's be real, as if that's gonna keep me from hoping.still no news here --> does that mean there's an interview chance? #hopingbeyondalldoubts
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm guessing chances are HELLA slim, but let's be real, as if that's gonna keep me from hoping.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just got the rejection email 🙁
Man 🙁. I'm sorry.I just got the rejection email 🙁
Still nothing here, but it's only a matter of time I reckon.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected as well.rejected. submitted an update like 20 minutes ago lol
Would you have taken a Tufts acceptance over the other schools you interviewed at?Aaaand rejected. Anyone know if TUSM has a reputation for yield-protecting? Just curious -- they're the only school where I didn't get an interview.
I mean you have great stats and all but that doesn't gaurantee you an interview. Perhaps it was something other than yield protection?It's hard to answer that question without having visited Tufts -- I don't have a basis for comparison. But I wouldn't have applied if I weren't seriously interested in attending.
Understandable. I don't think anyone applies to a school if they weren't considering it.It's hard to answer that question without having visited Tufts -- I don't have a basis for comparison. But I wouldn't have applied if I weren't seriously interested in attending.
Frankly, I think all schools do it to some degree. Tufts, Drexel, Jefferson, Georgetown, GWU all get 10K+ applicants (at least primaries) and are all Tier 2 med schools. Tufts is already accepting almost double their class size according to US News. With so many applicants and a limited number of interview spots, they have to make judgement calls.
Aaaand rejected. Anyone know if TUSM has a reputation for yield-protecting? Just curious -- they're the only school where I didn't get an interview.
A) how would anyone know this?
B) you interviewed at EVERY OTHER SCHOOL
C) have you been rejected from every other school? If not this is irrelevant news
D) grades and MCAT scores are pieces to the puzzle
E) this mayyyy be a glass 99% full opportunity!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Finally rejected. Color me shocked! 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get any merit scholarship yet? In particular for the Maine track, but regular track too
Anyone get any merit scholarship yet? In particular for the Maine track, but regular track too
Thanks for asking. That has been on my mind as well. Does anyone know when Tufts sends out Fin. Aid decisions?
Does Tufts even have merit scholarships? I've skimmed through threads from past years and haven't seen anything about that. And I haven't found anything about merit aid on the website.
Does anyone know when the committee meets again?
Does anyone know when the committee meets again?
March 24th....I believe.
April 14thWhat are the dates for second look?
Are you going? I'm not sure I want to spend a ton of money on flight and accommodation just to attend such a short event. But I do want to meet potential future classmates. The struggle....April 14th
Go! It will get you excited for school next year 🙂Are you going? I'm not sure I want to spend a ton of money on flight and accommodation just to attend such a short event. But I do want to meet potential future classmates. The struggle....
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Can't make second look because of a work event... bummed!
I'm already traveling to Boston in a few weeks so I got in touch with the administration and they were really accommodating.Are you going? I'm not sure I want to spend a ton of money on flight and accommodation just to attend such a short event. But I do want to meet potential future classmates. The struggle....
I'm already traveling to Boston in a few weeks so I got in touch with the administration and they were really accommodating.
Are you doing something outside the 14th date? This would be best for me as well and would like to know if that had been an option.
Yes and No? I'm not doing anything formally arranged by Tufts. I called and said my wife and I will be coming into town and would it be cool to come by one day and show her the campus. So my "second look" is really just 20 minutes.Are you doing something outside the 14th date? This would be best for me as well and would like to know if that had been an option.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
please please please go to Gourmet Dumpling House for lunch, right down the street from the campusYes and No? I'm not doing anything formally arranged by Tufts. I called and said my wife and I will be coming into town and would it be cool to come by one day and show her the campus. So my "second look" is really just 20 minutes.
I went there for dinner when I interviewed in 2014. The MS4 who gave my tour told me about it when I asked about dinner spots. Totally forgot about that place!please please please go to Gourmet Dumpling House for lunch, right down the street from the campus
April 14th
Thank you.
Does anyone know when the best time to start a lease or find a space in Boston is? I'm currently hoping that there will still be vacancies/available apartments come June or July, but I can imagine that with how many college students live in such a small area this may be wishful thinking.
I can break it down for you.Does anyone know when the best time to start a lease or find a space in Boston is? I'm currently hoping that there will still be vacancies/available apartments come June or July, but I can imagine that with how many college students live in such a small area this may be wishful thinking.
It depends on what neighborhood.
For back bay, BU, Allston, Brighton, Brookline, Mission Hill/Northeastern, you want to get on the jump now. Jan-April is prime season for college areas.
For Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Southend, Backbay, downtown, Beacon Hill, Cambridge, Somerville - prime season is May-July.
Boston is largely a realtor based market. You can look at padmapper/craigslist/zillow all you want but you are still going to see majority of leases with a broker fee. If that's the case, having a realtor find you apartments isn't too bad. I would decide on a neighborhood based on price and convenience. Then call a realtor office in the neighborhood and ask them specifically when you should be looking for the apartment. Typically the further away from downtown/backbay/kendall square/southend the cheaper.
Studios in the southend, backbay, downtown are going to be around $1,600 - $2,000. If you want cheaper but farther away places, Porter sq on the read line, or down the orange line are good choices. I personally think living near Mass ave by southend/backbay, or by central square is amazing for proximity to Tufts and happening things in the Boston area. You could also look for places on beacon street near park dr to coolidge corner. That is also a great location.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K